Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 04:26 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 37000
Color: Carrara White
Price (no $ sign please): $77000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

I think the reasoning of most of the interested parties was "If the dealer evaluated the car $77k that must be a good deal (as in - dealer already did the homework).

@Fang911 good luck on the sale, at least you have 2 more toys to play with
Old 05-15-2018, 04:26 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 111 Posts

Buyer had a PPI? Thought it went to one of the two guys that waived the PPI and just wanted a DME?
Old 05-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Would also like To correct a gross missstatement above by jmann- i am a physician who works about 60 to 70 hours per week with no true driving experience and take the car occasionally to and from work and sometimes on the weekend. I am not a PCA instructor; in fact, I get nervous getting into a car driven by instructor. I’ve taken it to Road America once per year for the five-year period between 2012 and 2016 with MVP track time and drove it gingerly in the novice group before finally realizing that the GT3 Is simply too much car for me; since then, I’ve taken my E90 M3 and more recently the Evora 400 the last 2 yrs. it is not a creampuff but I think short of a garage queen, it Would be considered a very “lightly driven” example of a GT3-
Old 05-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Sorry i misspoke in the my message- its pending a DME (i am using that and PPI interchangeably). There have been two offers to buy sight unseen (With 40 picutues though) with a dme only; any multiple offers to put down deposits and buy pending PPI. And for the naysayers out there- I have no intent on creating a bidding war and have said no to multiple people who offered me more than my asking price; I value a smooth transaction with a good buyer far more than a $2-3K-
Old 05-15-2018, 04:37 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

@Fang911 , my apologies if you are not a PCA instructor perhaps I have my wires crossed on our emails, thought that was the case. Again my apologies. Regarding the condition though, I stand by my interpretation of the photos. Clearly what I think doesn't matter as I was not the chosen buyer

Glad it sold quick for you and I do appreciate you entertaining my texts and emails.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Default Follow up

No worries, I agree the car has some cosmetic issues particularly, the lower front bumper where it meets the rubber spoiler lip. From a mechanical standpoint though the car has not been driven hard and maintained properly. I’m sorry that I didn’t end up forwarding pictures to everyone; I had gone to my parents home late Sunday morning to take pictures of it and by that time, over 50 people had inquired about the vehicle and it would have taken an inordinate amount of time to Send 40 pictures to every interested party, so after several people made good offers by noon ( cash buyer, quick pick up and payment, DME or limited PPI only)- I focused my efforts on them. As you could probably guess, my wife was none too happy that I spent the entire day on the phone Texting and emailing. Hope I didn’t offend any of you in this process.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
As someone who will be hopefully purchasing a GT3 or GT4 in the next 8 months, can someone tell me why this car has a line of 15 people willing to buy the car sight unseen with no inspection but the other white GT3 in the classifieds with half the miles seems to be sitting cold at an $85k asking price? That's like 10% more.... are people really willing to blindly write a check to save 10%, but not a single one of those 15 people will pay the 10% extra to get a car? Maybe it's that the other car has had track use? I mean, they've all seen the track. Anyway, just curious.
I never understood this logic but then again there allot of cheapskates out there.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:29 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

This car sold to a dealer. I tried to buy it and thought it was mine until yesterday. I don't think any of us understand the seller here... claims he doesn't want to sell to a dealer and then sells it to a dealer two days later even though multiple enthusiasts contact him.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
FYI this is not the first sub-$80k GT3 in the past couple of weeks to be sold sight unseen. Not that uncommon and I'm not sure why this thread is pushing almost 3 pages of people crying afoul.
I dont get it either. If you ask me, it was just a good deal, nothing more. And yes, gt3.1 pop up fairly often in the 70s
Old 05-17-2018, 08:45 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by idlook2
This car sold to a dealer. I tried to buy it and thought it was mine until yesterday. I don't think any of us understand the seller here... claims he doesn't want to sell to a dealer and then sells it to a dealer two days later even though multiple enthusiasts contact him.
What a douche. Sorry man.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:53 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmann2380
What a douche. Sorry man.
It happens, I'll find another one. This is the second car that a dealer has bought out from under me in the last 3 months. The first one was worse than this, I hired a shop to do a PPI and they bought the car, that really hurt.

This car wasn't a screaming deal, but it was a fair price for a GT3 that needed a little TLC. It will now be parked at a dealer lot for the next 12 months for $90k like the twenty other 997.1 GT3's on autotrader.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:40 AM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

It happens, I'll find another one. This is the second car that a dealer has bought out from under me in the last 3 months. The first one was worse than this, I hired a shop to do a PPI and they bought the car, that really hurt.

This car wasn't a screaming deal, but it was a fair price for a GT3 that needed a little TLC. It will now be parked at a dealer lot for the next 12 months for $90k like the twenty other 997.1 GT3's on autotrader.
Were you the one that the DME and brief PPI was scheduled for that the OP referenced above? How did it go down that the car was sold out from under you to a dealer out of curiosity? As weird as the seller’s post was he did seem genuine in wanting it to go to an enthusiast.

Were you one of the two that was willing to wire the funds Monday sight unseen?
Old 05-18-2018, 11:04 AM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Were you the one that the DME and brief PPI was scheduled for that the OP referenced above? How did it go down that the car was sold out from under you to a dealer out of curiosity? As weird as the seller’s post was he did seem genuine in wanting it to go to an enthusiast.

Were you one of the two that was willing to wire the funds Monday sight unseen?
Yes, the seller had a brief PPI and DME on Tuesday. The shop noted a slight misfire at idle which I did not think was too big of a deal, and the seller got cold feet about selling it after driving it to and from the shop and remembering how much he liked the car. I told him to sleep on it and the next morning he decided to sell it to the dealer rather than me. If I could go back in time, I would have forced his hand that night rather than giving him time to think about it. I would guess that is what the dealer did.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:07 AM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Yes, the seller had a brief PPI and DME on Tuesday. The shop noted a slight misfire at idle which I did not think was too big of a deal, and the seller got cold feet about selling it after driving it to and from the shop and remembering how much he liked the car. I told him to sleep on it and the next morning he decided to sell it to the dealer rather than me. If I could go back in time, I would have forced his hand that night rather than giving him time to think about it. I would guess that is what the dealer did.
Hmm, reading between the lines, I'd say he got cold feet about selling it to a member here if it had slight issues. Especially after the lukewarm reception to his for sale ad. Bet the dealer upped their offer a grand or two and he thought he'd just wash his hands of any potential private party issues.

Of course I could be off base.

Not very classy to break his word and backtrack like that though.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:32 AM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Hmm, reading between the lines, I'd say he got cold feet about selling it to a member here if it had slight issues. Especially after the lukewarm reception to his for sale ad. Bet the dealer upped their offer a grand or two and he thought he'd just wash his hands of any potential private party issues.

Of course I could be off base.

Not very classy to break his word and backtrack like that though.
You are probably right. He was careful to never formally commit to selling me the car and would not take a deposit. Just odd to sell it to an out of town dealer after all of the work of getting the inspection and fielding phone calls for 2 days.

Quick Reply: 2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K