Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 37000
Color: Carrara White
Price (no $ sign please): $77000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by Kg11
Sight unseen with PPI is pretty normal. I don't know what the other poster is referring to. Sure, it is nice to "lay eyes" on it, but that is what a good PPI is for.
???
“Pretty normal” to buy a car without seeing so much as a photo?

I would have a difficult time trusting a seller who won’t even post, text, or email a pic. Some shops who do PPI’s won’t do pics.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:07 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by notfastenough

???
“Pretty normal” to buy a car without seeing so much as a photo?

I would have a difficult time trusting a seller who won’t even post, text, or email a pic. Some shops who do PPI’s won’t do pics.
I'd usually agree, but I communicated with the seller most of yesterday and received pics. He is legit and a super nice guy. I offered to put a deposit down pending PPI, but he had two others willing to wire the full amount WITHOUT a PPI, just pending a clean DME. So clearly those two are the front runners.

I told him to keep me posted if either of those no PPI guys fall out, but I don't have my hopes up.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:08 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Also if he didn't get back to people it was because he was unindated from inquiries on Monther's Day. I think he said he had 15 people before me contact him and I sent him an email and text at 11:08am!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:09 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by jmann2380
he had two others willing to wire the full amount WITHOUT a PPI, just pending a clean DME.
997 GT3 game is strong...!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:11 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit
997 GT3 game is strong...!
More money than brains as far as I'm concerned. I don't need a good deal THAT bad.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:20 PM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

I agree; not like I don't have a chair. 996TT is fine.

Nothing against the seller; I agree that he probably had his hands full juggling all of the comm. I texted him at 6:53a CST yesterday asking for pics and offering a dep. He texted back right away saying he would get some out. He later indicated that a tentative deal was made. Still haven't seen pics.

How about this for a throw down: If the report comes back with tons of range 5 & 6 I'm still a buyer.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:18 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 121 Posts

Not to sound like a skeptic. This deal seems too fugazzi to me. I hope not and the buyer comes forth with a post.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by notfastenough
Amen to that.
Well played. Hoping for the best for you.

Certainly no sour grapes on my part; even the best sluggers strike out occasionally. Hero or Zero; everything in between is boring.
I did not get the car.

I was in line if the deal fell through.

Like this, no doubt the right attitude.
"Certainly no sour grapes on my part; even the best sluggers strike out occasionally. Hero or Zero; everything in between is boring."

​​​​​​
Old 05-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 188 Posts

As someone who will be hopefully purchasing a GT3 or GT4 in the next 8 months, can someone tell me why this car has a line of 15 people willing to buy the car sight unseen with no inspection but the other white GT3 in the classifieds with half the miles seems to be sitting cold at an $85k asking price? That's like 10% more.... are people really willing to blindly write a check to save 10%, but not a single one of those 15 people will pay the 10% extra to get a car? Maybe it's that the other car has had track use? I mean, they've all seen the track. Anyway, just curious.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:19 PM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
As someone who will be hopefully purchasing a GT3 or GT4 in the next 8 months, can someone tell me why this car has a line of 15 people willing to buy the car sight unseen with no inspection but the other white GT3 in the classifieds with half the miles seems to be sitting cold at an $85k asking price? That's like 10% more.... are people really willing to blindly write a check to save 10%, but not a single one of those 15 people will pay the 10% extra to get a car? Maybe it's that the other car has had track use? I mean, they've all seen the track. Anyway, just curious.
Like I said; brilliant marketing strategy.

BTW: The seller of the "other" car claims 12k of its 21k miles were track use. "Seeing" the track occasionally vs more than half a car's life spent on the track is a drastic difference. Not calling it the village ***** but 4 owners and all those track miles certainly don't help the optics. And it's more money to boot.

Next question?
Old 05-15-2018, 12:30 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
. are people really willing to blindly write a check to save 10%, but not a single one of those 15 people will pay the 10% extra to get a car? .
Yes.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:49 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

FYI this is not the first sub-$80k GT3 in the past couple of weeks to be sold sight unseen. Not that uncommon and I'm not sure why this thread is pushing almost 3 pages of people crying afoul.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:08 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Guys, don't be too heartbroken. This was a good deal but it wasn't a creampuff. It saw plenty of track time as the owner current owner of 8 years was a PCA instructor and used this car for the events. I saw the pictures and although it wouldn't have kept me from buying it, there was A LOT of gravel rash and such.

After this one got away I reasoned it was probably for the best and I'd be better served by an $85k-$90k in much better condition.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:14 PM
NLScooby
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted the seller to let him know I was actually going to be in Chicago today (Tuesday) and Wednesday - but was told a sale is pending. I agree with the comment above that it seems funny so many people are willing to commit to purchasing a vehicle with little to none of the information normally demanded of any seller.....all to save 10% of what market value seems to be.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Follow up

Sorry all, I never thought to follow up what’s happened since listing the car Sunday morning. Have had the good fortune to “meet” A lot of good people, true blue Porsche enthusiasts over the last 36 hours and appreciate all the interest in the car. I have tried to treat everyone fairly and not make promises or commit until all parties are on the same page. I completely understand that all potential buyers have their own particular concerns and have tried to answer all questions to the best of my ability pending today’s PPI although I probably didn’t give a fair shake to people who texted “still got the car? Send me pix” Because I didn’t think those individuals probably were all that interested to begin with. But there are some really good people on this forum who know way more about their vehicles then they probably should and have made me feel that owning two or three cars isn’t necessarily pathological. Hopefully, will be closing the deal in the next 24 hours-

Quick Reply: 2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K