Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

'76 911 Turbo (930) - DE / Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Default '76 911 Turbo (930) - DE / Race

Year: 1976
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 120000
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $27000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

A good friend of mine has decided to sell his race…..he asked me to assist in selling since I have a better understanding of the car than he does. My friend bought it from the previous owner a year ago after doing one DE in his C4s. He took it to a one day DE and quickly realized that this car is too much for him since he’s just starting to attend DE’s. So, he is looking to sell to get a more manageable street car that can also go to the track. For a more experienced driver, this would be an awesome track weapon.

It is an original ’76 Turbo with:
- Interior removed but stored (stock ‘76’s are going up in value and it could be converted back if someone wants to)
- 3.2 single turbo professionally built on the original 3.0 case ($40k motor hardly broken in) with a modified K27. It is tuned to 420hp, more possible if you want to dial in boost but the spring in it currently is designed for motor longevity not top HP.
- Non molested original paint (Guards red) in good condition….a few chips from DE’s. He recently had it displayed at a local concours.
- No Sunroof….great for taller drivers
- Caged
- 4 speed trans
- Brembos (original brakes included)
- 17’s Kenisis (original Fuchs are not included)
- Original Turbo tail (worth a lot these days)
- Race seats / belts
- Cool suit equiped
- One piece removable front bumper / spoiler for trailer loading
- New Wevo shifter with all new shifter bushings
- New Hoosiers with maybe 10 laps on them

The car is in Denver and is not street legal currently. The car comes with a 4 inch binder of receipts…….over $100k has been invested into this car. The car is in excellent condition but in the spirit of full disclosure I would recommend that the next owner get it into a reputable shop for some fuel mgmt work (assuming you cannot work on it yourself). It was on the dyno at the end of the ’10 season and it showed that it was running very rich at high RPM’s.

If you have any interest, get back to me at craig.crease@gmail.com and I can pick up the binder of all of work from him and give you a more detailed overview. I can also scan some of the big items such as the rebuild. All of the work done on this car was done by a reputable local shop.

He’d like to sell quickly to fund his next project. Asking is $27k.
Attached Images   

Last edited by 88 Club Sport; 04-30-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Mileage corrected
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

I stopped by my buddies house last night and picked up the receipt binder and took a few pics. Unfortunately I could not find my own camera so I grabbed my daughters camera only to find it to be set in B/W….sorry bought that. With the help of a few beverages last night I went through the binder and the total spent on this car is $113,341 after the purchase of the car! It is amazing condition. Here goes:

Engine: It is still a CIS engine with a $40k rebuild in 05. In 07 boost was turned on full for DE weekend and that caused a $16 invoice. The car was not run in 09 and 10, the owner at the time had a business that was not doing well. My friend ran it once last year. In 08 after the last rebuild and break-in, leakdown is shown as 1 – 3%, 2 – 3%, 3 – 2.5%, 4 – 2%, 5 – 2.5%, 6 – 2%. There is a dyno sheet showing 432.5 hp AND 419.06 FT LBS. The motor was build using ARP hardware, a new K27HF, new 964 cams and a GT3 oil pump. There is note that this motor likes 100 octane gas.

Suspension: It is still a torsion bar set up. There are receipts showing 21/28’s and then later new bars were installed but there is no mention of size but one would assume they are bigger than the 21/28’s. Adjustable Tarret’s were added when the last bars were installed - $3300 total. There is a receipt for new rear shocks also.

Additional items:
BK fire ext mount
The Sparco’s mention previously were replaced with “race shells”
GHL headers and single out…..sounds awesome. See pic below.
Kevlar GT racing splitter
Custom intercooler $4275 installed
Poly windows….glass removed - $800
ATL fuel cell/tank surge - $2575
Video cam mount
Andial fuel enrichment dial
AFR guage
EGT kit installed in old speedo gauge body
Race pedal set

The original sticker for the car is in the binder……$27155……same as asking ironically.
Attached Images      

Last edited by 88 Club Sport; 04-30-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Additional engine info added
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

Sold pending payment.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

The buyer that made the offer has not wired funds so she is back on the market.

A couple of corrections to the above ad:
1. Engine - We have been told it is an original case from a '76 but not the original motor to this car.
2. The Guards Red is not original, the original color of the car was green at one time. It took a body shop expert to catch this.

Contact me if any questions. I have most of the service doc's scanned and many more pics so if you are interested, email me at craig.crease@gmail.com and I can forward them to you.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 PM
xtrmbrdr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You say this is not a street legal car, what in you opinion would make it such, considering I am in El Paso county with no emissions? Do you think the car would need to be repainted considering the decals attached to it? I am more or less looking for a project car (defintely street) but I may consider this car depending on certain factors.

Thanks,
Fred
Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the late response Fred, we went to Milller for the Super Bike Races this weekend.

As for making this streetable, you would need an exhaust that is way quiter.....it is set up for th track...LOUD! I think you would also need to remove the front portion of the welded cage to be safe. I'd also want a more street oriented seat and front spoiler.

It could be done but I think it is more suited as a track car.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
xtrmbrdr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply 88, it doesn't sound like much; but, I do appreciate your honesty. And since the other half had a fit when I asked to increase my budget by about 33%, it might be best. Love the car tho!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

Sold......off to Australia

Quick Reply: '76 911 Turbo (930) - DE / Race