Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Complete Working Fuel Injection from '73 914 2.0 Liter

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,462 Likes on 4,118 Posts
Default FS: Complete Working Fuel Injection from '73 914 2.0 Liter

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price (no $ sign please): $1000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 914
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

I've decided to sell the original Fuel Injection system I've been hanging onto for years since converting my car over to dual 45mm carbs. The Fuel Injection system was working fine when installed with the stock motor, but once I went to a 2.1L big bore kit, cam with more lift and duration, and 38x48 mm valve heads, it couldn't deliver enough fuel to support the 50% increase in engine power so I had to convert over to the carburetor setup. I was keeping it in case I ever decided to sell the car and the buyer wanted the OEM Fuel Injection, but it looks like that will probably never happen since my son at 10 is really into cars and I'm keeping the 914 since I still enjoy it and he'll probably take it over when the time comes; so there's no point in taking up storage space in the parts cabinet for this setup when someone else could probably really use it.

Yesterday, I cleaned everything in my heated, ultrasonic parts washer with aluminum safe cleaner and wiped down everything else so you'll receive a nice and clean setup what will be much more enjoyable to install than one caked with oil and grease - it wasn't actually that bad to start with either. The only out of the ordinary flaw is that there is some red oversrpay on the lid of the airbox, which you can see in the pictures. The photo set includes some shots of the insides of the airbox, throttle body, and the computer so you can see the condition. I also have hi-res versions of any of these if you want to email me at petza914@gmail.com for any of the additional photos.

Price is $1,000. Complete setups in this condition are becoming difficult to come by so the price ins't cheap, but for the right buyer should be a great find.

Shipping is included and will be via UPS Ground with insurance to the full purchase price - payment will be by PayPal Friends & Family - I'll take regular PayPal too, but you'll need to add 4% to the purchase price to cover the fees.

Let me know if there are any questions or if it looks like I'm missing anything that should be included (I tossed the old gaskets as you'll want new ones anyway).

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sale Pending...doing the transaction by personal check so waiting for the check, then waiting for it to clear prior to shipment. If anything falls through I'll update the ad here and for anyone else interested, I'll create a waiting list in order of the replies here.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Grosbard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please add me to the waiting list.

Cheers,
Grosbard
Old 12-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sorry, forgot to update. Funds cleared, shipped, delivered -- SOLD
Old 12-04-2017, 07:54 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 137 Posts

Cutouts...

and panels are around 1300 each. A lot less at jobber pricing if you ever want to replace. But I don't care about resale value. Life is short. This one in keeping.

Quick Reply: FS: Complete Working Fuel Injection from '73 914 2.0 Liter