Sponsored by:

Delaware in the Fall

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 07:10 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by tse
You're lucky, my wife doesn't tolerate anything about the 991 and yet she expects me to tolerate her sport bike nonsense...
That I can understand. Bikes versus cars. Mine thinks cars are appliances but fortunately tolerates my nonsense. She has no interest in driving the car even though she learnt driving in a manual car. And she had no interest in picking options or colors or even coming with me to pick up the new car. I had to get a ride. Good for me I suppose. If I replaced it with something else, she wouldn’t know or care.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Subshooter has acknowledged, in a civil manner, the error of his yellow line indiscretion and deserves forgiveness - not continued criticism! Enjoy life my brother and be safe...
Old 11-12-2017, 08:40 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsick
Where is that glorious road?
I see you are from Delaware too! The route was filmed on these roads - see picture below. Gently rolling hills with a lot of twisties and gorgeous scenery near a reservoir, horse farms, creeks, covered bridges etc.

I included a second route that we take often which is very awesome as well. It ends at the Whip Tavern - an authentic British pub in the middle of Horse Farms - This is fox hunting country with dogs etc - very British feel.

http://www.thewhiptavern.com/

P.S. Love your color scheme on your .1. See ya on the roads.

Stay away from Barley Mill Rd (below the Reservoir). Joe Biden's house is right on that road and Secret Service has a security post there with a ton of cameras.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:42 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,244 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
That I can understand. Bikes versus cars. Mine thinks cars are appliances but fortunately tolerates my nonsense. She has no interest in driving the car even though she learnt driving in a manual car. And she had no interest in picking options or colors or even coming with me to pick up the new car. I had to get a ride. Good for me I suppose. If I replaced it with something else, she wouldn’t know or care.
The odd thing here is that she loved my 1M and yet thinks the 991 is ugly.

Twisted...
Old 11-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,332 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I see you are from Delaware too! The route was filmed on these roads - see picture below. Gently rolling hills with a lot of twisties and gorgeous scenery near a reservoir, horse farms, creeks, covered bridges etc.

I included a second route that we take often which is very awesome as well. It ends at the Whip Tavern - an authentic British pub in the middle of Horse Farms - This is fox hunting country with dogs etc - very British feel.

http://www.thewhiptavern.com/

P.S. Love your color scheme on your .1. See ya on the roads.

Stay away from Barley Mill Rd (below the Reservoir). Joe Biden's house is right on that road and Secret Service has a security post there with a ton of cameras.

These are my roads. I do the road to the Whip Tavern all the time. I live off 82 in Unionville. Best roads to drive. Never any police on the backroads. Just have to watch for critters and bikers.

Quick Reply: Delaware in the Fall