Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delaware in the Fall

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,242 Likes on 752 Posts

There was a RLer who posted the same kind of vid of driving on twisties a few years ago. He too crossed the center line a few times. He was crucified here for it, so much so that he never posted again. LOL. Got to admit, sub's car sounds better though.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:30 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
There was a RLer who posted the same kind of vid of driving on twisties a few years ago. He too crossed the center line a few times. He was crucified here for it, so much so that he never posted again. LOL. Got to admit, sub's car sounds better though.
Twenty years in the sub force has given me titanium skin. lol. It's all good and I get the feedback.

I will be posting more. Now, my driving in Romania video......well the guys that are upset by this one - please don't click on that video when I upload it. Although most of the time, there were no yellow lines even painted.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Twenty years in the sub force has given me titanium skin. lol. It's all good and I get the feedback.

I will be posting more. Now, my driving in Romania video......well the guys that are upset by this one - please don't click on that video when I upload it. Although most of the time, there were no yellow lines even painted.
As you, I did a European Delivery (BMW) this year. Nothing like playing chicken with a bus on a way way bridge in Lake Como, among other places. You quickly learn to let everyone else have their way.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 353 Posts

I didn't get it from GoPro but I am sure they have a solution.

You have to use a Mic adapter and a separate 12' external mic. I got them off amazon.

Here is the adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the mic w/ 12' of cord:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enjoy. It makes for good sound and gets rid of the wind buffeting.
Thanks !!!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:34 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

You just don't hear turbo spool like that on the 993, 996, and 997s. What's changed? My memory, perspective, or something Porsche has done? I like it, btw.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:48 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
You just don't hear turbo spool like that on the 993, 996, and 997s. What's changed? My memory, perspective, or something Porsche has done? I like it, btw.
I have zero experience with any turbos except this one and really don't have a a good ear for it. I think the placement of my external mic really accentuates the sound but I can still hear the whistle in the cabin. I'm sure other guys can comment on what has really changed from a technical perspective between models.

I agree it sounds pretty awesome.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:01 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 408 Posts

The whoosh of the turbos spooling up is quite evident at low rpms. It is much more noticeable when I have the sunroof open and the windows down. With the windows up and sunroof closed, it is hard to hear any turbo sounds inside the car. Higher rpms, you can't hear any turbo sounds windows open or not. I like the sound of the turbo six. It is not quite as raucous as the PSE-equipped 3.4 that I had in my Boxster but still retains that characteristic flat six sound along with low pitched turbine-like whine. Very similar.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 173 Posts

I️ know it’s a recording but I️ like the sound (and driving ).
With some fabspeed headers and punching the mufflers, the sound should improve drastically.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

That’s what my .2 GTS sounds like...with the windows down. I like it but still thinking of getting sport cats and maybe full exhaust to get closer to that glorious .1 sound.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:44 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
That’s what my .2 GTS sounds like...with the windows down. I like it but still thinking of getting sport cats and maybe full exhaust to get closer to that glorious .1 sound.
This was reason number 20 why I kept my 981. That NA sound with PSE......wow.

Quote from my wife (not a car person)...... "I never fully appreciated Ms. Daisy until you got the 911; she sounds like my hair dryer". I like the sound of my 911 though too.

Ms. Daisy is our 2014 Boxster S w/PSE.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:33 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 408 Posts

This was reason number 20 why I kept my 981. That NA sound with PSE......wow.

Quote from my wife (not a car person)...... "I never fully appreciated Ms. Daisy until you got the 911; she sounds like my hair dryer". I like the sound of my 911 though too.

Ms. Daisy is our 2014 Boxster S w/PSE.
You are a lucky guy. After I had the SE installed in my Boxster, I was constantly ridiculed by my wife. She thinks even my non-PSE 911 is loud but tolerates it. Funny thing is, my 19 year old niece was visiting just when I had the SE installed in my Boxster and I took her for a drive. When she started laughing at the farting sounds in sport mode, I never engaged the sport mode again with PSE on. I never liked the backfiring sounds either but the SE did sound a little nicer, deeper in tone, in normal driving mode.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AnandN
You are a lucky guy. After I had the SE installed in my Boxster, I was constantly ridiculed by my wife. She thinks even my non-PSE 911 is loud but tolerates it. Funny thing is, my 19 year old niece was visiting just when I had the SE installed in my Boxster and I took her for a drive. When she started laughing at the farting sounds in sport mode, I never engaged the sport mode again with PSE on. I never liked the backfiring sounds either but the SE did sound a little nicer, deeper in tone, in normal driving mode.
Funny...there are pros and cons with every partner. She wont get in the Boxster unless the top is down and PSE is engaged. On the other hand, we have to move three times to find a seat for dinner at a restaurant and it takes her a half hour to figure out what to order while I am eating my hand off because I am so hungry.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:43 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 88 Posts

Nice video! I could hear the swoosh behind PSE
Old 11-12-2017, 05:33 AM
flatsick
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is that glorious road?
Old 11-12-2017, 08:17 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,296 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN
You are a lucky guy. After I had the SE installed in my Boxster, I was constantly ridiculed by my wife. She thinks even my non-PSE 911 is loud but tolerates it.
You're lucky, my wife doesn't tolerate anything about the 991 and yet she expects me to tolerate her sport bike nonsense...

Quick Reply: Delaware in the Fall