Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delaware in the Fall

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,412 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Sub, I didn't know you were Ed O'Neil's brother. Car sounds great! Love the red leather. Stay off those yellow lines.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
Sub - the car sounds great and the driving is good, pay no mind to the haters. What’s the exhaust setup on your .2?
Thanks. I think it sounds pretty good too. Exhaust setup is the standard stock PSE. I also have SC and I was in sport mode at the time which gives the burble.

On the video, I think my 911 sounds better than my 981 w/PSE on videos. In person, the Boxster sounds better. I love the NA sound but the 991.2 sounds pretty good too.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:32 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Sub, I didn't know you were Ed O'Neil's brother. Car sounds great! Love the red leather. Stay off those yellow lines.
That is funny! I had to look up the name....but yeah. I don't know what happened to me. I'm getting old. Two years ago I was running triathlons and 25 pounds lighter.....and a bit more hair. Lol. But I still drive two cool Porsches. Can't complain about that!

I look at yellow lines like the speed limit...right or wrong. It's a personal risk but as long as I don't put other people's lives in danger, I'm ok with it.

The greater risk in my neck of the woods is deer (during rutting season now) and cyclist which I am one also.

In the summer time without any wet leaves laying around and using summer tires, I am much more aggressive on this route. I know it well but also pace the road before hand to ensure the route is clear of cyclist.

Last edited by subshooter; 11-08-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Fun video, but I agree that crossing the yellow line is way worse than speeding. There was a crash in the hill country not long ago where a YouTube douche motorcycle rider with a history of dumb crap and bad accidents was crossing the line repeatedly and he came around and hit a Cayman head on. The guy landed a few hundred feet away and totaled the Cayman, who was a local PCA member. The cyclist spent significant time in the hospital.

You never know what's around the corner in the other lane. Stay safe.

Love the route. Miss that part of the country. Went to grad school in DelCo and in Wilmington.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gbree
There's always that one guy on the forum

Dont you have something better to do?
I have enough free time to criticize this guy's terrible driving, but not quite enough free time to film my own erratic and stupid driving and share with the forum.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Fun video, but I agree that crossing the yellow line is way worse than speeding. There was a crash in the hill country not long ago where a YouTube douche motorcycle rider with a history of dumb crap and bad accidents was crossing the line repeatedly and he came around and hit a Cayman head on. The guy landed a few hundred feet away and totaled the Cayman, who was a local PCA member. The cyclist spent significant time in the hospital.

You never know what's around the corner in the other lane. Stay safe.

Love the route. Miss that part of the country. Went to grad school in DelCo and in Wilmington.
I've witnessed way too many injuries and avoidable accidents on the great roads around me as a result of selfish people driving like they own the road. Seeing that stuff makes me cringe.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

You know you can get a power cord for that detector that you can route around the window rather than hanging down.
Amazon Amazon

Here is one I did last year in the NC mountains where (they say) the leaves are second to only NH.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary JR
You know you can get a power cord for that detector that you can route around the window rather than hanging down.
Thanks for that tip. Nice video too. Gorgeous.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:00 AM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice drive, nice sounds and nice roads!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
wow, that is some terrible driving! Crossing the double yellow every chance you get, including all 4 tires with oncoming vehicle. You own a car that can handle, if only its owner could drive...
Completely agree. Nobody needs to hit the apex on the street. If you really want to drive like that, take it to the track. Completely careless, reckless and inconsiderate.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:12 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I’m that second guy. Driving like that on a public road with other traffic when he isn’t even going fast enough to warrant “hitting the apex” or driving like a jerk is just wrong.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:22 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 351 Posts

Great video! Is the External mike a GoPro accessory you can buy directly form them? I did not see anything like that on their website (I have a 3+).
Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shammerman
Great video! Is the External mike a GoPro accessory you can buy directly form them? I did not see anything like that on their website (I have a 3+).
I didn't get it from GoPro but I am sure they have a solution.

You have to use a Mic adapter and a separate 12' external mic. I got them off amazon.

Here is the adapter:
Amazon Amazon

Here is the mic w/ 12' of cord:
Amazon Amazon

Enjoy. It makes for good sound and gets rid of the wind buffeting.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Code
Cool video!
Originally Posted by AnandN
Nice. .
Originally Posted by eg991
Great video! Beautiful scenery. The car does sound nice, but it’s definitely much more muted in the cabin. !
Originally Posted by basic666
Awesome vid! thats the sound i wish the newer cars had in cabin with PSE on
Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Bravo sub shooter. Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Awesome video, glad you’re enjoying it!
Originally Posted by Penn4S
I live in South eastern Pa, Kennett/West Chester area. Same roads. That is my drive to work daily.
Nice job.
Originally Posted by Bemo
Sub - the car sounds great and the driving is good, pay no mind to the haters. What’s the exhaust setup on your .2?
Originally Posted by LexVan
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Nice drive, nice sounds and nice roads!
Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will try try to stay within the lines next time.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:29 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 658 Posts

OK, so why did most of us trash the DB who made motorcycle videos until he crossed the center line and crashed into that Cayman? Is the only difference getting away with it?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The fake backfire sound would drive me nuts.

Honk if you see a 993 white cab with blue top and stay in your lane!

Quick Reply: Delaware in the Fall