Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Multi-link Rear Suspension in a GT4 Clubsport, a Short Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:42 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Also, over the next few days (possibly a week) if we do not answer our phones or other inquiries via email please leave us a message. We will very likely be without power and cell service for a time after Irma comes through. I will get back to you as quickly as possible, and appreciate you reaching out.

And if worse comes to worst and you see on the news a little red NA Miata with an outboard and a mast sailing across Florida....life goal achieved
Old 09-08-2017, 01:56 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,147 Likes on 611 Posts

John, good luck ,get the hell out of there! Looks like the real deal! Carl
Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
NineOneAutosport
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, thanks for clearing things up, I didn't intend to sound like a vendor just wanted to support Josh's enthusiasm for this wonderful addition to our cars. To the Data Nerds, I'm sure AutoQuest can provide the before and after info your looking for.

I will start a new thread in a few weeks about our success with the MRS!!! I'm so excited we took a Street GT4 and turned a 2:25 at Road America!!! put the streets on and drove it home. Furthermore I know there's more time in this car, next step Hoosier R7's off Pirelli slicks on!!!

I will post more pictures and videos as we go, with proper permissions of course. Stay tuned.

To the AutoQuest team stay safe...
Old 09-08-2017, 02:24 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4carl
John, good luck ,get the hell out of there! Looks like the real deal! Carl
Thanks for the luck Carl, we might just need it as we are here to stay. I might go out and grab a helmet...just in case haha.

Originally Posted by NineOneAutosport
John, thanks for clearing things up, I didn't intend to sound like a vendor just wanted to support Josh's enthusiasm for this wonderful addition to our cars. To the Data Nerds, I'm sure AutoQuest can provide the before and after info your looking for.

I will start a new thread in a few weeks about our success with the MRS!!! I'm so excited we took a Street GT4 and turned a 2:25 at Road America!!! put the streets on and drove it home. Furthermore I know there's more time in this car, next step Hoosier R7's off Pirelli slicks on!!!

I will post more pictures and videos as we go, with proper permissions of course. Stay tuned.

To the AutoQuest team stay safe...
Haha it's all good Brian I know that's not what you meant, I was just clarifying in general : ) You do excellent work and I've heard nothing but great things down the grape vine. It's a pleasure to have you enjoying our system, and I very much look forward to meeting you, Don and Owen in the near future. Thanks again for all the kind words and your testimonial

Best wishes to any fellow Floridians taking on Irma this weekend. We will be here, and if you are local and need any help give me call any time (or message with the Zello app - username"TopStig"). Be safe!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 918 Posts

John...good luck with Irma and don't underestimate it. We are just getting back to normal here in PR. We were lucky the eye didn't went over the island...Keeping and eye now on Hurricane Jose....looks like its following similar track to Irma but moving more tot he north.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Hello Everyone!

Just to clear things up a bit, at this time we are the Sole Distributor of our Multi Link System being run on all the cars reviewed in this thread, and an authorized vendor here on the forums. That being said, a huge THANK YOU to those who are running our system and/or have experienced it first hand, and took the time to post up their testimonials of the system in action. All of your kind words are very much appreciated! Although I've been teasing it here and there, we weren't quite expecting the cat to be completely out of the bag with such excellent interest so quickly haha.

The official product release on our Multi Link Rear Suspension Kit (designed and tested for over 18 months in collaboration with Formula One/Le Mans/IMSA engineer Jay O'Connell) has been in the works by me personally, and I had planned to post it this week along with a full webpage on our site. All the data you are looking for...(costs, suspension geometry, research and development, track testing, etc) is coming and coming shortly.

Unfortunately we had to delay the product release, website update and answers to all your questions due to significant hurricane prep as we are about to take a Category 4 Irma head on this weekend. Fingers crossed we (and the rest of the Floridians) make it through okay. Keep us all in your prayers.

If anyone is sincerely interested in this system and learning more about it before the official release, my cell phone is 484 883 6197. Please feel free to call me any time, I would be happy to fill you in on the nitty gritty of this system and how it alone has without question transformed the GT4's performance. If necessary for direct driver feedback, I will put you on the line with our owner Gavin who personally has several thousand track miles of back to back testing at various tracks with the system, 2500+ miles just in endurance testing the production version on Sebring. Incidentally, Gavin now holds the GT4 lap record around Sebring at a 2:17.53 and well as some other tracks we can discuss if you'd like. Whatever you need for validation and education on the system, we will gladly arrange for you to receive it to make an educated decision moving forward.

P.S.: Jacey you could have know all about this system already lol. I left you a VM the other day to chat about it and setting up an installer in Texas, give me a ring back when you have a chance. As you are quite the technical one among us, I have some camber, toe and roll center graphs to tease you with. Make sure you're sitting down when you look at them, we set our expectations to meet the suspension geometry of the 997 RSR...we exceeded those goals
Oh damn I totally missed that - Sorry John
Old 09-09-2017, 11:01 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jmartpr
John...good luck with Irma and don't underestimate it. We are just getting back to normal here in PR. We were lucky the eye didn't went over the island...Keeping and eye now on Hurricane Jose....looks like its following similar track to Irma but moving more tot he north.
Im glad to hear you made it through it there in PR. We are definitely taking it seriously, especially since the projections shifted to us taking the eye here on the west coast. Fingers crossed it shifts offshore. Yesterday we finished up everything at the shop, it's quite the bunker now. I ditched my apartment for a high school, and brought my helmet so feeling good haha.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:05 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 102 Posts

Gavin and John

Stay safe from your friend in Miami...
Old 09-09-2017, 10:18 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

stay safe you guys. Our thoughts are with you

Quick Reply: Multi-link Rear Suspension in a GT4 Clubsport, a Short Review