Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:23 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Socialpro
+1

These cars so in the 99.9999% emotional category offering no 'real' use'

Are the 'bucket' seats in these a must by any means or make this car any better? I'd argue they are not - yet somehow there is already an artificial premium and 'tax' associated with finding a car with them in there (myself included).
I bought my GT4 to track the **** out of it. That's a real use to me. And bucket seats were mandatory for harness.

Now I'm supposedly on the list for a GT3 in 6mt and PTS... and it will also have buckets and get tracked as much as I can... and it will be even better if it's in Brewster Green.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Called the dealer. Car is there on consignment from local collector apparently.

I was thinking of making them an offer, but getting a bit of the back story now makes me think the owner probably will not move on his price too much.
I made an offer on this car. Olympic Blue is unique, but obviously for me not that special. The seller did come down a bit, but it was still minimal.
I think this is analogous to someone who puts their house on sale and always thinks it's worth more than it is. I'm sure someone will be in love with the color and accept the big mark up or the owner will realize he misjudged the market. Either way, doesn't seem like he's in a hurry to sell.
I ended up getting a black GT4 with 300mi and PCCB for much less. Will post pics when it arrives.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:16 PM
Viperguy324
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

No PCCB would be the deal breaker for me.. love the color!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Farani
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Yup sad.

My GT4 found its way onto one of the lifts in favour of other cars. After 13 months, it has accumulated an embarrassing 300 miles.
That's a legit reason, though. If I had the collection you're sporting, I could see the same thing happening. Can't blame you one bit.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:03 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Hell no!

I don't understand why people automatically think that just because its PTS it's worth a ridiculous amount more. It's just a color! Are we women or men? Com'on, people!
Lol, wow... I'm sure there's some women among us, not that that should be relevant to how much color is worth it.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

Old 09-03-2017, 06:24 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Hell no!

I don't understand why people automatically think that just because its PTS it's worth a ridiculous amount more. It's just a color! Are we women or men? Com'on, people!

sorry, I had to.

Quick Reply: PTS Olympic Blue GT4 FS at Hennessy Atlanta