Sponsored by:

GT4 --> GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
1.I see it's an option for the 4 light headlights. Not really a fan. Just like the daytime led across the two bottom lights. This will occur if I DONT choose the premium headlights right?

2. Smoking package. Had it in my GT4 but never used it. Will an iphone 7 fit in this little cubby area if I dont chose the smoking pckage. Thanks guys!
1. No worries get the single lens Xenon headlights (see my avatar).
The LED headlights are a huge mark up and really only worth it if you always drive at night or have poor night vision. The Xenon headlamps are awesome for the price.

2. The cubby is useless for anything but change or a USB stick or gum maybe. The smokers pack just cleans it up. Someone makes a conversion kit for this spot (FVD?) for likke $400-$500 that allows the iPhone to slide in and dock but I don't think the dock works with the newer infotainment in the 991.2. The dock sure looks slick though, but NO way you are fitting and iPhone in there...maybe an iPod shuffle lol. Certain iPhones will fit in the area in between the two rear seats though...

3. I know you didn't ask it above but in response to the GT4 shifter. I went from GT4 6 speed manual to 991.2 7 speed manual. Dealer told me the 991 shifter was garbage and to get the PDK (and he knows I'm a manual die hard). So he let me take a 991.1 7MT for a test drive. It was good not great but totally acceptable. The 7MT in the 991.2 is better than the one in the 991.1(I don't know why) and it's just a step down from the GT4...gates aren't as precicise and the throws are a bit longer and softer. But for ~$250 you can put the GT4 shifter bits in to the 991.
I was going to do this but I hate messing with the shifter cables and taking apart half the center column to do it and honestly the more I drive my Targa the more I think the shifter is just right.

If you are at all concerned about this test drive one to make sure but it's really not a big deal at all especially when you are just driving around the streets not trying to bang off shifts near the redline all the time on a track. I see you are in NJ. If you find yourself in CT let me know...

HTH
Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think your spec looks beautiful.

Does RAS come as standard on the GTS? I wouldn't be without that if I were buying a .2.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:03 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I think your spec looks beautiful.

Does RAS come as standard on the GTS? I wouldn't be without that if I were buying a .2.
It's a 23XX ish dollar option. Expensive but worth it IMHO.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
1. No worries get the single lens Xenon headlights (see my avatar).
The LED headlights are a huge mark up and really only worth it if you always drive at night or have poor night vision. The Xenon headlamps are awesome for the price.

2. The cubby is useless for anything but change or a USB stick or gum maybe. The smokers pack just cleans it up. Someone makes a conversion kit for this spot (FVD?) for likke $400-$500 that allows the iPhone to slide in and dock but I don't think the dock works with the newer infotainment in the 991.2. The dock sure looks slick though, but NO way you are fitting and iPhone in there...maybe an iPod shuffle lol. Certain iPhones will fit in the area in between the two rear seats though...

3. I know you didn't ask it above but in response to the GT4 shifter. I went from GT4 6 speed manual to 991.2 7 speed manual. Dealer told me the 991 shifter was garbage and to get the PDK (and he knows I'm a manual die hard). So he let me take a 991.1 7MT for a test drive. It was good not great but totally acceptable. The 7MT in the 991.2 is better than the one in the 991.1(I don't know why) and it's just a step down from the GT4...gates aren't as precicise and the throws are a bit longer and softer. But for ~$250 you can put the GT4 shifter bits in to the 991.
I was going to do this but I hate messing with the shifter cables and taking apart half the center column to do it and honestly the more I drive my Targa the more I think the shifter is just right.

If you are at all concerned about this test drive one to make sure but it's really not a big deal at all especially when you are just driving around the streets not trying to bang off shifts near the redline all the time on a track. I see you are in NJ. If you find yourself in CT let me know...

HTH
Thank you so much! Im not gonna lie bit damn you guys are way nicer and more responsive then those GT4 dudes lol.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,467 Likes on 2,814 Posts

FWIW, I've been a manual diehard all my life. That said, PDK is pretty awesome.

The GT4 shifter is one of the best (if not THE best) ever made. Better than the s2000 I used to own. Once you've owned a GT4 it will ruin you for manuals, so I'm not worried about it anymore. The instantaneous shifts and immense flexibility of the PDK is compelling on it's own. I'm enjoying it.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:41 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
FWIW, I've been a manual diehard all my life. That said, PDK is pretty awesome.

The GT4 shifter is one of the best (if not THE best) ever made. Better than the s2000 I used to own. Once you've owned a GT4 it will ruin you for manuals, so I'm not worried about it anymore. The instantaneous shifts and immense flexibility of the PDK is compelling on it's own. I'm enjoying it.
COMPLETELY AGREE.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

FINALLY. !!!

3 months later. Pick up tomorrow hopefully. More pics to come.....

Old 08-17-2017, 03:10 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

I am debating the same shift from GT4 to GTS. Don't know if it really makes sense as the GT4 is the car they were never going to build, but the GTS would be daily drivable.

Please share your impressions.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Def will. Yes I could not daily that GT4. So much fun yo drive but just couldnt. Wanted more
Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
I am debating the same shift from GT4 to GTS. Don't know if it really makes sense as the GT4 is the car they were never going to build, but the GTS would be daily drivable.

Please share your impressions.
I have a .2 GTS. Smooth as silk. No harshness but will make noise and accelerate like crazy if you want it to. As a reference much much smoother than my .1S which is telling. Btw I'm not saying better just different. And the different is much improved for me personally.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 100 Posts

Very happy you finally got it
Congrats
Trying to be patient, myself...
Old 08-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Instagram : ScottyKenneth
Video in the gram

More pics! Just got delivered. If anyone knows I have Suncoasts Frunk liner for Caymans/Gt4 for sale. Doesnt fit 911

Old 08-18-2017, 07:11 PM
flatsick
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats
Old 08-19-2017, 03:55 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

STUNNING! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics!

My wait continues....

Quick Reply: GT4 --> GTS