Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carfax

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...&partner=DON_0
Old 08-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Carfax link on website works, shows no accidents, 2 owners, and regular maintenance. $63k for a GTS with 55k miles is a pretty good deal in todays market if you like color. Heck, I bet they take $60k.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:25 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

Those are all good mods. None of it's cheap.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

+1. Definitely calls for PPI and DME read out. If those ok, good buy!
Old 08-10-2017, 10:45 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Just those three things? $1800-2000 if you DIY (airbag being most of that)

Total de-red $18-20k.

A solid, tasteful de-red IMO would be:
1) Black upper dash
2) black carpet everywhere (i mean all of it)
3) black rear and center console
4) Black upper door and door blades

Fun to imagine these things. Too bad there isn't a cached 997 configurator somewhere.
+1

That's the only way that I would have one with a red interior.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 223 Posts

Being this is a Buick and GM dealer.
I bet the owner traded it in on a Yukon or sierra Denali.
Yukon Denali go for 80k plus range
Old 08-11-2017, 12:40 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Guessing old guy traded it in on a more comfortable and cheaper Buick. Looks like a good buy and it's going to sell pretty quick now that you posted in here with all of us vampires in the forums. The red interior is a bit strong bit livable and one could get black pieces to break it up some. The armrest thing you see is where the paint flaked off, not water damage. Can be touched up easy enough.
No way rofl,
I bet it was traded in on a Denali
Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Those are all good mods. None of it's cheap.
I guess I'm the opposite of most 911 buyers, I tried to find one with the most mods, that means less money for me to spend. Those are all good mods. I'm not a fan of silver cars and that red interior might be a bit much for most people. $60K OTD is a good buy.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

I would get black coca mats, black shifter, maybe find black door skins. All doable
Old 08-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,455 Likes on 4,115 Posts

With those suspension and exhaust mods, now it is a steal, even at the asking price - there's easily $10k in high-quality mods there.

The red interior with silver exterior is a classic combination (think James Dean's 550 Spyder) and it's a timeless combination. As others have said adding some black to easy areas of the interior will make it a very attractive two tone and a really good looking car that you won't see another one of at your C&C.

With those suspension mods and it being a manual, a DME read is necessary though - might have some track time on it and need to see the overrev report.

If I was in the market for a GTS, this one would no longer be for sale.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

My first reaction when I saw the interior photo was "Yikes!" Then I remember my .2 has full red leather interior as well. The reality is full red photographs very poorly but is jaw-dropping in person. I get compliments on a daily basis. All this particular GTS needs to balance the interior a little better is a black steering wheel and black **** + boot. I had black Lloyd Mat floormats installed but removed them because it cheapened the interior (at least in my eyes). Obviously you need to be OK with red to begin with, but it is not nearly as bad as photographs make it out to be. Not once in the 10 months that I've owned this car have I wished I had a black interior, nor have I tired of the red (or found it to be overwhelming).

Originally Posted by Petza914
As others have said adding some black to easy areas of the interior will make it a very attractive two tone and a really good looking car that you won't see another one of at your C&C.
I wish I had photos of our bi-weekly 50+ car PCA drives. Every single car has a black interior. Mine stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:05 PM
w1234ale
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can you guys with a lot more experience than me break down the mods--specifically how do the suspension, fly wheel, and clutch mod change dat to day driving.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WantA997
My first reaction when I saw the interior photo was "Yikes!" Then I remember my .2 has full red leather interior as well. The reality is full red photographs very poorly but is jaw-dropping in person. I get compliments on a daily basis. All this particular GTS needs to balance the interior a little better is a black steering wheel and black **** + boot. I had black Lloyd Mat floormats installed but removed them because it cheapened the interior (at least in my eyes). Obviously you need to be OK with red to begin with, but it is not nearly as bad as photographs make it out to be. Not once in the 10 months that I've owned this car have I wished I had a black interior, nor have I tired of the red (or found it to be overwhelming).

I wish I had photos of our bi-weekly 50+ car PCA drives. Every single car has a black interior. Mine stands out like a sore thumb.
I have a set of brand new black leather Inpelle diamond stitched leather floor mats for a 997 coupe for sale in The Marketplace. If you get the car, it's just what it needs to break up the red while maintaining it's classiness.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w1234ale
So can you guys with a lot more experience than me break down the mods--specifically how do the suspension, fly wheel, and clutch mod change dat to day driving.
It has:
  • long tube headers on the exhaust for better flow and sound
  • some track suspension upgrades RSS Lower Control Arms, adjustable sway bars with drop links, and monoball top mounts. These eliminate all the rubber bits from the suspension components for much sharper handling. The top mounts are so he could properly run the increased camber settings you see in the work order.
  • The lightweight flywheel makes the engine freer revving.
  • The limited slip differential provides for better traction out of the corners without using the PSM which uses the brakes to limit inside wheel spin without cutting power or speed
  • looks like he upgraded the rotors too

the more I look at these mods, the more clearly it looks like this car was definitely used on the track. It's a little surprising he kept the stock PASM dampeners rather than going with coilovers, but maybe he added a TPC DSC box which he could have done himself in about 10 minutes and the dealer just can't see it because it's hidden behind the e carpet. If he didn't add it, you can to soften the ride a little with these track suspension mods but still have all the handling benefits they bring.

You should definitely drive it before buying it to see if the increased sportiness of the suspension and flywheel mods are to your liking and definitely need a DME report as the flash he had done looks like it raised the redline.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If I hadn't bought an X51 C4S last year I would seriously consider this one, those are smart mods that won't detract from the driving on the street or on track

Personally I hate boring, common black interiors but that's just me

Quick Reply: What's the story with this GTS