Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Didn't want to deal with huge car ramps, so I came up with this..

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:51 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Didn't want to deal with huge car ramps, so I came up with this..

So Loading and unloading a 951 into an enclosed trailer can be a pain in the but t as it is, Then add to the mix the fact that it is a lowered track car and will have a splitter on it and you find yourself with various combos of blocks, boards, and eventually winds up in misery, to the point where you want to purchase the "race ramps". Once the car is in the trailer, access to the tow hooks on the frame is achieved by laying on your back and grinding your shoulder and favorite T-shirt into the deck of the trailer where reach as far as you can to get to the tow hook with the bumper cover digging into your armpit as you fiddle with getting the strap in the correct orientation...Once that is over with you realize the car is too far back because when the strap in cinched, it lifts up on the splitter... Anyhow, I found a simple solution as I am in the process of painting the exterior on the track car... EZ Removable Bumper! Our bumpers mainly get their support from sliding in the front split aluminum bumper. I made locating tabs by welding a slug of steel to the bolt that holds it on, Then pressed a piece of round aluminum over and gave it a taper.. I went on to cut and fit Pieces of Scrap aluminum for brackets... Welded the aluminum all up and added Dzus Tabs and Presto... Take the cover off..put the car in the trailer and have wide open access to the frame tie downs..

Old 07-07-2017, 01:55 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

thats a good idea.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:18 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice!

Quick Reply: Didn't want to deal with huge car ramps, so I came up with this..