Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a black on black turbo 2017 i have had for 2 months
had a prior GTS 2015

Things i like:
1. much steadier and smoother ride
2. looks better
3. faster, unfortunately got my first speeding ticket as adult

Things i don't like:
1. my sun roof screen broke after first week. they don't have a part and have to make one
2. auto start stop. drives me crazy , can't figure out how to stop
3. air vent, fancy but pain to have to change screens just to move the vent. i think i may hate this more than auto stop
Old 05-27-2017, 12:35 AM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yurigagarin
i have a black on black turbo 2017 i have had for 2 months
had a prior GTS 2015

Things i like:
1. much steadier and smoother ride
2. looks better
3. faster, unfortunately got my first speeding ticket as adult

Things i don't like:
1. my sun roof screen broke after first week. they don't have a part and have to make one
2. auto start stop. drives me crazy , can't figure out how to stop
3. air vent, fancy but pain to have to change screens just to move the vent. i think i may hate this more than auto stop
Pretty much my exact cons. The auto start stop is awful. My screen freezes all the time too, which means I can't turn off the feature. I think the screen freezing is my biggest pet peeve.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:39 AM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Thanks Mike!! Congrats. . and agree!
Thank you, I am having a tough time deciding on what to do with the Turbo. I have a GT3.2 coming in December and as much as I love the Turbo I don't have garage space for both. I think the Turbo will go for the GT3.2 simply because if I get the GT3.2 I get the .2RS.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:05 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys -
1) Auto-stop - set up individual settings to with auto-stop turned off. When you get in the car, either go to individual or sport and it is gone
2) Surprisingly, I had parental control on. . and locked a couple of friends in the back seat
3) I am impressed with size of gas tank and range/mileage so far. In sport running at about 19.5 mpg

Mike - my dilemma each day is - drive the panamera turbo or 911 C4S. they both have less than a 1000 miles on them!!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,287 Likes on 474 Posts

I have programmed the diamond button on the steering wheel to deactivate the auto stop/start on my 2017 Panamera 4 :-)
Old 05-29-2017, 03:33 PM
custerdog
Track Day

I've got 2000 miles on my 4S and have only a few complaints:

1) the navigation system is horrible. Glitches out frequently while in the midst of a drive and takes a few minutes to get back to the route. Sometimes the screen even freezes and I can't enter an address. Also, doesn't seem very accurate on estimating ETAs and taking into account traffic. All in all, the system is too complicated than it needs to be.

2) while the touch screen is fantastic, it requires too much looking at it while driving -- which I find a bit dangerous. I'd rather there be a central large button near the center console (like Mercedes has) which will allow me to bop around the various items on the screen.

Otherwise, the car is great. Very fast, very tight and very smooth.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

I haven't had any issues with Nav.. but I have a tendency to use Apple Car Play since we don't have voice control. Have you tried putting the screen on in the instrument cluster??
J
Old 05-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,287 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by custerdog
I've got 2000 miles on my 4S and have only a few complaints:

1) the navigation system is horrible. Glitches out frequently while in the midst of a drive and takes a few minutes to get back to the route. Sometimes the screen even freezes and I can't enter an address. Also, doesn't seem very accurate on estimating ETAs and taking into account traffic. All in all, the system is too complicated than it needs to be.

2) while the touch screen is fantastic, it requires too much looking at it while driving -- which I find a bit dangerous. I'd rather there be a central large button near the center console (like Mercedes has) which will allow me to bop around the various items on the screen.

Otherwise, the car is great. Very fast, very tight and very smooth.
I'm just over 2,000 miles in my Panamera 4.

1) I have so far found the sat nav to be fine here in the UK and pretty accurate on ETAs.

2) There is a button that you can use to move around the 12.3" touchscreen! The round button in the picture, ahead of the gear selector and just below the central touchscreen. Check the manual and have a play around with it... :-)

Old 05-29-2017, 07:44 PM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

I am very disappointed with the new car's design inside and out. To me, the car has lost its Porsche feel, and seems to be more like a "me too" with other luxury cars. Exterior looks like it can't decide whether it is an Audi A7 or a Tesla (both of those are great looking, but neither are what I want in a Panamera). We replaced an Audi A8 with a Panamera S e-Hybrid in 2015. The A8 had push button start, suck in doors, keyless entry, etc. My wife was very disappointed that the Panamera had none of those items. I love the fact that Porsche still wants you to put the key in the slot on the left side of the wheel and turn it. The new car has too much tech to it. Really disappointed.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:36 PM
custerdog
Track Day

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
I haven't had any issues with Nav.. but I have a tendency to use Apple Car Play since we don't have voice control. Have you tried putting the screen on in the instrument cluster??
J
Yes, I use the screen in the instrument cluster and on the touchscreen. But it's not the view of the route that is the problem but that occasionally during a route the system glitches out a bit and there are multiple blue lines all over the place; it takes a few minutes and then gets back to the regular route.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:11 PM
custerdog
Track Day

Also, is there any way to change the Sirius channels or tracks on the CDs -- moving forward and backward -- without touching the touch screen? I've managed to program the diamond button to move a channel or track forward, but have not figured out a way to go both ways except to press the forward and backward arrows on the touch screen.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:59 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
The A8 had push button start, suck in doors, keyless entry, etc. My wife was very disappointed that the Panamera had none of those items..
Soft close doors, keyless entry and the key-as-a-button are all orderable options. The latter come together, you get a 'dummy key' that you leave in the ignition while the real key can remain in your pocket/purse.

These and more options can be had for those than want it, and likewise aren't forced onto someone if they don't want them. This assumes you're willing to order what you want, not just take whatever the dealer has on the lot.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:02 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by custerdog
Also, is there any way to change the Sirius channels or tracks on the CDs -- moving forward and backward -- without touching the touch screen? I've managed to program the diamond button to move a channel or track forward, but have not figured out a way to go both ways except to press the forward and backward arrows on the touch screen.
If it's like the '17 PCM, no, there's just advance forward with the diamond button. You can use the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel when you have the MFT showing the stations. I do miss <> as buttons from other vehicles.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:03 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

We now have 500 miles on our car and absolutely love it. The most annoying thing is people taking pictures of it in the parking lot or while we're driving.

It takes a while to get used to setting up and individualizing all the options and saving them for each driver and I feel that using the large center screen when driving can really be distracting. We've had no issues with the navigation system or anything else. I am very surprised about the power delivery of the base model. Our AMG Mercedes had over 200hp more and i don't feel a significant difference in day to day driving. For now we get 5-7 mpg better fuel economy which is great and provides greater range The air suspension is superb, much better ride quality than the AMG. Even without sport exhaust, we love the sound!

Quick Reply: Share your impressions of the 2017/2018 Panamera