picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 03:15 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Hey mile2424, can you tell me who or where are you getting this amazing artwork from?

I would like to have something similar for my office.

Thanks
mile2424 is the phootogarpher of the work and he can make u those alum prints. really high qty stuff

1. Anyone has a separate storage room to store wheels and tires and other stuff? About what size would be recommended?
===> i do. 450sf. not enough. the bvigger the better. wheels, tires, bucket seats i hoard, xmas decor, various kids garbage, polisher for my conc floor..... trust me whatever size you think you need, double it and thank me later.

2. Any suggestions on racking systems?
===> you mean shelves? cheap would pallet shelvers
===> medium pricde would be saber
===> baller would be stronghold

4. What would be the recommended minimum ceiling height?
===> i have 22'. not it's not typo. i dont use lift. but the height provides optical illusion of size.

I am going with 16'. This is a single level but will have two 4-posts and one 2-post.
===> 16' is really nice. you are fine there.

5. Anyone running air compressor in a separate room? I'm thinking about a "cleaning" room of about 12X12 and place an air compressor in there as well. I'm concerned about noise. Looking at Sullair
===>i have never heard a quiet compressor. unless u are running lots of pneumatic tools, dont bother. if you need air for tires, get nitro tank.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:58 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i love your cayman clubsport! awesome! you have more pictures? thanks
Old 04-10-2017, 09:29 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Mooty, thank you.
Racking system like deep shelves to hold wheels and tires off ground. Or I have a few heavy stuff as well like the 2.4S motor out of my 72, spare 915, ... basically some sort of a vertical (simple) storage system.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:06 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Igooz
Mooty, thank you.
Racking system like deep shelves to hold wheels and tires off ground. Or I have a few heavy stuff as well like the 2.4S motor out of my 72, spare 915, ... basically some sort of a vertical (simple) storage system.
2.4S out of your 72, easy... send it to me. i need it in my 72

your description calls for pallet shelves. cheap. those big rack you see at costco and home depot.

they carry a lot of wt.

but for tires i prefer tire racks.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:13 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

Gulf Orange doors and racks?
Old 04-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 142 Posts

Project is moving along fine. The home construction is ahead of my shop construction. I don't have much to present yet other than holes in the ground. The cartoon depiction attached is still a correct reflection of the exterior shop, although the size will be ~3,850 sq.ft. Plus a concrete pad on the back for (maybe covered) trailer parking.
The house will match the shop
Fantastic looking project!

I look forward to more updates.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Mooty, I will have 4 garage doors. 1 double high bay for the shop size, 1 single for shop solo cars, 1 single for motorcycles, 1 double high bay for show cars and trailer loading. What would be the ideal height for the double for to pull in say a 28' car hauler? I am thinking 13'. I am clueless on "standard" garage door heights and my builder has not built anything like this before. He wants to talk Feng shui to me?!

TIA
Old 04-10-2017, 09:34 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mooty, I will have 4 garage doors. 1 double high bay for the shop size, 1 single for shop solo cars, 1 single for motorcycles, 1 double high bay for show cars and trailer loading. What would be the ideal height for the double for to pull in say a 28' car hauler? I am thinking 13'. I am clueless on "standard" garage door heights and my builder has not built anything like this before. He wants to talk Feng shui to me?!

TIA

Avoid Feng Shui, like the Plague, I have done that on some commercial property Renos I have had to do for tenants. Mainly for the Oriental folks, which is just fine by me, except when it costs me extra time and money, to make it Feng Shui 'happy', then I said NO. You want Fung Shui happy, then you pay for Fung Shei happy.

I personally think 13' height is fine. You are normally restricted on most roadway to less than that anyhow.

Good luck with the design and build!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:19 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
mile2424 is the phootogarpher of the work and he can make u those alum prints. really high qty stuff

1. Anyone has a separate storage room to store wheels and tires and other stuff? About what size would be recommended?
===> i do. 450sf. not enough. the bvigger the better. wheels, tires, bucket seats i hoard, xmas decor, various kids garbage, polisher for my conc floor..... trust me whatever size you think you need, double it and thank me later.

2. Any suggestions on racking systems?
===> you mean shelves? cheap would pallet shelvers
===> medium pricde would be saber
===> baller would be stronghold

4. What would be the recommended minimum ceiling height?
===> i have 22'. not it's not typo. i dont use lift. but the height provides optical illusion of size.

I am going with 16'. This is a single level but will have two 4-posts and one 2-post.
===> 16' is really nice. you are fine there.

5. Anyone running air compressor in a separate room? I'm thinking about a "cleaning" room of about 12X12 and place an air compressor in there as well. I'm concerned about noise. Looking at Sullair
===>i have never heard a quiet compressor. unless u are running lots of pneumatic tools, dont bother. if you need air for tires, get nitro tank.

Nice garage and great toys Mooty!
Old 04-11-2017, 03:51 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

IIRC "oriental" is derogatory. PC term is asian

std garage door is not 13'. but that's tall enough for trailer. but if it was mine, i would do custom roll up door all the way up against ceiling. more light, more ventilation.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Avoid Feng Shui, like the Plague, I have done that on some commercial property Renos I have had to do for tenants. Mainly for the Oriental folks, which is just fine by me, except when it costs me extra time and money, to make it Feng Shui 'happy', then I said NO. You want Fung Shui happy, then you pay for Fung Shei happy.

I personally think 13' height is fine. You are normally restricted on most roadway to less than that anyhow.

Good luck with the design and build!
My fellow canuck.. LoL.. Oriental is a rug.. Repeat after me.. "Asian"
Old 04-11-2017, 09:09 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Conversation is getting interesting.

Some progress pics of mine. Doors are 10' high for reference (one 9' wide and one 16' wide in front).

With 13'-high doors, I could have parked the RV inside, but that would have changed the look and extension would not have matched the house.
Attached Images      
Old 04-11-2017, 09:12 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

IIRC "oriental" is derogatory. PC term is asian
Thanks for that, will try to remember. Would hate as heck to offend without knowing it
Old 04-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

std garage door is not 13'. but that's tall enough for trailer. but if it was mine, i would do custom roll up door all the way up against ceiling. more light, more ventilation.
Mooty, thank you. I have enough material now to provide some direction to the builder. I owe you as you know. Would you like a fireplace in your bedroom at the house or not?

Last edited by Igooz; 04-11-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:59 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Mooty, thank you. I have enough material now to provide some direction to the builder. I owe you as you know. Would you like a fireplace in your bedroom at the house or not?
u make fire place? i like fireplace in my bathroom. and garage...

Originally Posted by FFaust
Thanks for that, will try to remember. Would hate as heck to offend without knowing it
i am about a un pc as one can get and didn 't know it was derogatory until i was corrected.

Originally Posted by FFaust
Conversation is getting interesting.

Some progress pics of mine. Doors are 10' high for reference (one 9' wide and one 16' wide in front).

With 13'-high doors, I could have parked the RV inside, but that would have changed the look and extension would not have matched the house.
nice garage. based on the door vs. your truck i tihnk my door is 20' tall (it's a warehouse roll up). my must be 10' wide. i wish was 12' wide. i almost took down the bldg trying to back in my trailer, i gave up

Quick Reply: picture of your garage