My new butt

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 03:26 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I know not directed at me ...

I don't believe that to be the case. Not like the whole GTS Carrera script is any smaller.

911 is the same size
The only options they had were chrome 911 as ordered from factory when you only have 911 or the black numbers from a GTS "paragraph". The GTS paragraph numbers are in fact smaller.

The idea was simplify and black[and centered]. Was worn down and just went the easy route.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:06 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

When I ordered my 15 GTS there were various options of what to get back there. I don't remember all of them, but I wanted "911 GTS", which wasn't an option. I got the paragraph, meaning to remove carrera and slide 911 and GTS together.

At any rate, I'm pretty certain "911" by itself was an option. Of course, it would have been black. I wonder if they used the exact 911 from the paragraph, or if they used a black version of the larger chrome 911 that comes on an S or Base when you just order 911?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Looking good R_Rated

Originally Posted by STG
Now go raise that spoiler for some real pics!
This guy!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Just out of curiousity, how come you decided to go with "Porsche" over all the other options out there you could have done, for example "Saab" or ""Lamborghini"?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Is that a duck or a chalkboard?
I can barely see your rear window!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:42 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I know not directed at me ...

I don't believe that to be the case. Not like the whole GTS Carrera script is any smaller.

911 is the same size
Originally Posted by Leader
I ordered my Club Coupe with just "911." But, my intention was to swap the "911" for "GTS," which I did (new "GTS" badging from Suncoast).

The 911 badge doesn't seem "smaller" to my eye.
Originally Posted by myw
they are the same size and same height (7/8")
Originally Posted by STG
Originally Posted by 911boy
^ Thats like mine. had chrome removed and black installed. Exactly the same size...installed with template and its perfect.
I thought so. I ordered my base with black Porsche 911 and they looked the same size as the chrome ones I saw at the dealer. STG, that looks great.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:16 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
no more chrome and no more paragraph....
Nicely done R_Rated! That looks great to me, but I guess we're in similar schools of thought on this one. Some part of my old-man brain still associates chrome finish with old cars.

I first did an experimental view of the blackened lettering using Photoshop; liked it; so I plasti-dipped it to still give me a way out if I didn't like it. That approach turned out nicer than I expected and was surprisingly easy. If it wears off too quickly I'll switch to the letters you used but for now I'll let this ride. I think it goes well with all of the black glass, lower trim, vents, black plates, etc.

It gets a little lost in the spotty shade I took the photo in here, but here it is. I'm also showing a close-up of the plasti-dipped letters so the surface detail is apparent and it's clear that the surface isn't nearly as nice as yours... but not all that bad either.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

I really like the PORSCHE only lettering.

I currently have the beloved () 911 Carrera 4GTS but with the black lettering on black car, it's not as pronounced so I'm ok with it.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:15 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I really like the PORSCHE only lettering.
I currently have the beloved () 911 Carrera 4GTS but with the black lettering on black car, it's not as pronounced so I'm ok with it.
If I had a 4GTS... yeah... I'd keep the lettering too. That's rare enough to call it out!
Old 04-05-2017, 09:13 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by StormRune
Nicely done R_Rated! That looks great to me, but I guess we're in similar schools of thought on this one. Some part of my old-man brain still associates chrome finish with old cars.

I first did an experimental view of the blackened lettering using Photoshop; liked it; so I plasti-dipped it to still give me a way out if I didn't like it. That approach turned out nicer than I expected and was surprisingly easy. If it wears off too quickly I'll switch to the letters you used but for now I'll let this ride. I think it goes well with all of the black glass, lower trim, vents, black plates, etc.

It gets a little lost in the spotty shade I took the photo in here, but here it is. I'm also showing a close-up of the plasti-dipped letters so the surface detail is apparent and it's clear that the surface isn't nearly as nice as yours... but not all that bad either.

Yessir, same school of thought! Wanted to freshen her up but also clean her up a little. I had the fast and furious trims on older cars and never had a really clean understated [modded] car. Same reason I will leave the standard rear deck lid vents.

I tried plasticity but admittedly did a rush job so it wasn't as robust as I hoped when washing. It did fix the color but not the business or the placement had I simply left the PORSCHE. This is permanent and I sleep better knowing it's right.

Everyone knows it's a Porsche so don't worry about the shadows! No cra is more recognized.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just keep the stock emblems on and Plastidip dip them. Easy, painless, and removable later on. No need for a template. I did this to our old Audi with great results. $8.99 total. Look on youtube for Plastidip emblems. Something should pop up.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts
Default Wow

Wow.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Delete
Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Plavan
Just keep the stock emblems on and Plastidip dip them. Easy, painless, and removable later on. No need for a template. I did this to our old Audi with great results. $8.99 total. Look on youtube for Plastidip emblems. Something should pop up.
Plastidip is a cheap alternative if you simply want a color change with 10 ft away quality.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,199 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Plastidip is a cheap alternative if you simply want a color change with 10 ft away quality.
I agree it is a cheap alternative, but not necessarily 10 ft quality. If done right, it will look good even close up.

Quick Reply: My new butt