Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl side stripes on Cayenne - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Perhaps along the lines of the vinyl (which was not subtle) used on the Transsyberia?

Source - Road and Track..(c)
Old 01-30-2017, 02:32 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by ventoGT
Agreed. The "Twin Turbo" looks like you went down to Pep Boys and slapped it on. No offense. Perhaps something like the old Carrera script running on the bottom or just "PORSCHE" running on the bottom of both doors in black?
yep, that's exactly what I did {well eBay, but same thing essentially}. But for $19, cut me some slack. Just having fun for the amount of lunch money. I haven't gone out & bought a vinyl lazer cutter! ... ... all in good fun. Just joking here.

but seriously for a moment, the one thing I have never really liked, is the license plate that says exactly what the car is. Duh. Really not that creative, and IMO no reason to restate the obvious.

So I don't really like the idea of having "Porsche" or "Cayenne" on the side of our pigs. Restating the obvious doesn't appeal to me.

So more than likely I will go with the idea of a simple stripe down the side.

Maybe even just simple thick stripe in red to tie the calipers together.

Thanks Wisconsin Joe.... you are dead on, with needing to highlight those curves down along the side,... especially with the GTS Sport Pkg aero curves on mine. Maybe a thicker solid stripe would do that...
Originally Posted by Wisconsin Joe
... I get the idea of some sort of stripe to define the lines. They are kinda hard to see on a white car...
Thanks for the Pic Don. Yea, maybe with a thick solid red stripe,.. but add in (like the Transsyberia example) up near the front, a superimposed "Twin Turbo",... or some other clarification of what it is (ie, not "Porsche", not "Cayenne")... or maybe even "PDCC/PTV" ?? (that would certainly keep the layman guessing)
I like how the letters rise up & out of the stripe itself...
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Perhaps along the lines of the vinyl (which was not subtle) used on the Transsyberia? ...
thnx for all opinions.

ultimately after all these design phase considerations,... I'd probably have a local vinyl cutter make & install it custom.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
... Also, how about changing out the yellow side markers for clear with yellow LEDs in them - I think Suncoast has these for your model year now...
Thanks for the ideas Pete. Cool under hood emblem. Heck I'd even love to have one of those to stick on my wall in the garage!!

Re: the clear lenses,... yea, guys have even been doing that to our 964's for years,... but with my all white Cayenne,... I'm thinking I'd rather put "more" color back into the equation. So eliminating the amber lens' is not on my radar.

But I also can'treally come to grips with putting a red stripe down the side either. In the color RED, it would just be SO in my FACE. I think my conservative side would still have me using Black. Especially since the pig has so much blacked out everything....

Keep em coming....

Quick Reply: Vinyl side stripes on Cayenne - Opinions?