golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

3600-4000 a set would be a 'market shattering price' imho
Old 01-10-2017, 11:35 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

Thats before you get to the point of having obscene overhead and manufacturers profiting 65% on their wheels.
If they use a good alloy (not melted junk alloy ingots from er, dumped in here by China) and actually do real engineering on it and R&D, I doubt its 65 percent profit margin. Even if they do, thats what this country is all about, profit. Overhead, salaries, health insurance, business insurance, raw materials, 3 axis milling machines, heat treating ovens, EPA approved paint booth, marketing....it all adds up.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
Damn no one can answer a fuxxing question in here or what. The question was 'what would you pay'

The implied portion is 'if you could get a quality forged wheel, what would be a reasonable amount you'd be willing to part with'

Without all the fluff from throwing ragers at SEMA and puffed up overhead.. $3500 would be a reasonable price. I'd say an organization could actually make some quality forged wheels for $2500 or so.. which leaves about 30% profit on top for the folks involved. Thats before you get to the point of having obscene overhead and manufacturers profiting 65% on their wheels.
We appreciate your in-put, we really set out to ask the question based on a fully forged set of wheels and your answer is exactly the kind we were looking for, something that would address the price point of a fully forged wheel at a price that would make you consider the purchase.

Thanks again,
Old 01-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
3600-4000 a set would be a 'market shattering price' imho
Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,455 Likes on 4,115 Posts

I say $3,995 as a set price including customized finish options (colors, polished, etc), but offer some Initial sets at a discount (maybe $3,250) to build the brand, a reputation, and get some photos of them installed on member cars.

I'd be interested in a NB 997.1 GT3 fitment, 19" in a deep concave, stepped lip, twin 5-spoke, fully polished with clear powder coat set as an early adopter for you. Similar to this Varro wheel but forged and polished

or like these ADV1 SLs but with straighter spokes (these have a kink in the middle).

What's your release timing and any style teasers?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Petza914
I say $3,995 as a set price including customized finish options (colors, polished, etc), but offer some Initial sets at a discount (maybe $3,250) to build the brand, a reputation, and get some photos of them installed on member cars.

I'd be interested in a NB 997.1 GT3 fitment, 19" in a deep concave, stepped lip, twin 5-spoke, fully polished with clear powder coat set as an early adopter for you. Similar to this Varro wheel but forged and polished

or like these ADV1 SLs but with straighter spokes (these have a kink in the middle).

Thank you for your input, we are set-up with our US supplier to make and manufacture at any moment however these wheels demand more $$$ so we are trying to gather input from you Porsche owners so we can figure out which direction to go, we may go in two directions and two options. We will keep you posted, feel free to send us a direct message if you are interested in a custom build.

info@wheeldynamics.com

Thank you,
Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

May I suggest a different approach?

1. Build a sample, so hard for someone to say "I am willing to pay $3500" for a Forged wheel I've never seen. Wheel purchases are emotional, ppl must like the design!
2. To help fund the first order, organize a proper group-buy, buyers need to put a deposit down. This reduces your risk, and shows REAL demand
3. Run one batch and see how it goes
Old 01-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Bulldozer27
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys have monoblock forged wheels at roughly $800 per wheel. Been around for years, popular within the Corvette community, good rep here too, not personally affiliated, yada yada yada.......
Old 01-12-2017, 05:26 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

People have had issues with them on some Cadillac and Vette forums.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 PM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For anyone who is NOT BBS or Volk, the most I would pay for forged wheels from a new manufacturer or any unknown is $3,000.00 MAX. More than that and I'm going straight to the best in the business, BBS.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:35 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Its less about what you would pay for me.
I remember in the late 8o's I loved a new ish company called HRE.
No distributors, no one had hear of them, no internet. Just magazines.
39 years later they are a currency.

Whatever I would pay for your wheels, I always have in the back of my mind ... what could I sell them for? Sorry I don't see you as a forged wheel producer ... yet.

HRE,BBS,ENKIE,CHAMPION, they will always have a reasonable resale value.

I'm sure your new forged wheel will be fantastic. Priced fairly, and they will sell. Push the price too much? People will opt for the extra couple of bucks for the established brand.

Depending on the value of my car? I would be good for 8oo-1ooo for a forged wheel. Plus rubber? $6K. That is a lot of shekels for my pot hole ridden street.
I have an idea? Offer rim insurance? 24 month coverage. That would be a first.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Petza914

I can show you an option, please provide an email address so I can show you a style that is available.

Thanks,
Old 01-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Thanks for your input, all valid points, we are currently looking to offer a couple of different options, however on both we want to have a STRONG warranty so that customers know that if there is any manufacture defects that they will have a solid backing. We will offer a solid warranty for unmodified, undamaged wheels (we cannot honor wheels that have accidental damages ie. pot-holes, curb-rash etc.).

We are hoping to launch right off in the $750/range per wheel 19", this will include custom builds to your liking from 19x8" up to 19x11.5" we will be built to your order in a time frame of 6-8 weeks, however we are waiting to confirm details on final cost before releasing styles and other color options which will be included in the build.

Once again thank you for your input, we hope to have something nice in the near future as a new option for some of you.

In addition we will need a few feature vehicles (preferable modified) that we can use for photos and the buyer will receive a discount up to $300-500 off their set. (we will offer this out for a lucky few)
Old 01-13-2017, 12:55 AM
starvational
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics

We are hoping to launch right off in the $750/range per wheel 19", this will include custom builds to your liking from 19x8" up to 19x11.5"
$3K is a great price point! Will these be brand new designs or forged versions of existing ones (i.e. the fuchs like OS Design II wheels, which would be amazing forged )
Old 01-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Need 18" options for track wheels.
We can build an 18" 3-pc wheel right now for you however those are built here in the USA so the cost is going to depend on a few options, feel free to message us directly for a quote.

info@wheeldynamic.com

Quick Reply: FORGED WHEEL QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU PAY