Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:20 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domer911
Mr Belk...you have much time on your hands. Happy 2017, sir!

"Greetings Domer911,
Domestic Canines have few alternatives in their monotonous lives i.e., eating, sleeping, powder-room and grooming. However, haven observed bizarre and ludicrous homo-sapien behavior for nearly a half-million years, we Canines have developed exceptional humor, levity and satire capabilities.
While slightly misguided, you correctly pointed out that "I" have much time on my paws... I choose to use my unoccupied time to nonparadoxically mock simpleton humans, while many of my colleagues prefer chasing ***** and felines; however I pass no judgment.
JB supports and encourages my satirical obsession....and I support him chasing golf-*****. Ironic? I think not..."

Happy New Year's....and good health throughout!!!

Cheers,
"LugNut"

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-01-2017 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

At first I was hopeful there would be a refund, but now, after all this time I'm not so sure.
The chimp these has at least made it entertaining I guess.
Jayintoronto.......every dog has it's day. Karma is a bitch.
Take care, and happy new year.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:21 AM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has the check ever cleared?
Old 01-02-2017, 01:11 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT951
Has the check ever cleared?
I spoke with a senior account manager on Friday. Got the stupidest response. "All our checks are handled by a third party, we use bla bla. The standard is for a 15 day hold to be put on all US cheques. Since you are a good client of ours with sufficient funds in your account I will release the funds to you. However, there is still the possibility that the cheque doesn't clear at which time the funds will be reversed. This could take up to 90 days."

My response was in so many words that that is complete bull and that I am insisting that they find out for me DEFINITIVELY one way or another ASAP. It was the end of the day on Friday and I got a BS there is nothing she could do about it then, but that she will look into it and get back to me on Tuesday when the banks re-open. She said they used to be able to call and get verification of funds but that they can't do that anymore. Bla bla bla bla bla. Will hopefully have a definitely answer for you guys on Tuesday. What a cluster ever step of this process has been.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:23 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
I spoke with a senior account manager on Friday. Got the stupidest response. "All our checks are handled by a third party, we use bla bla. The standard is for a 15 day hold to be put on all US cheques. Since you are a good client of ours with sufficient funds in your account I will release the funds to you. However, there is still the possibility that the cheque doesn't clear at which time the funds will be reversed. This could take up to 90 days."

My response was in so many words that that is complete bull and that I am insisting that they find out for me DEFINITIVELY one way or another ASAP. It was the end of the day on Friday and I got a BS there is nothing she could do about it then, but that she will look into it and get back to me on Tuesday when the banks re-open. She said they used to be able to call and get verification of funds but that they can't do that anymore. Bla bla bla bla bla. Will hopefully have a definitely answer for you guys on Tuesday. What a cluster ever step of this process has been.
It looks like it was a Chase check. The best way IMO to avoid bank shenanigans like this is to go directly to an actual Chase bank branch and cash the check to cash on the spot. Since it was written from Chase, they could confirm authenticity / clearance of funds right there while you wait and give you cash. Then you're done...
Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Yep, banks suck and every bank employee at Vice President or below is numb, tired, and stupid. I know what that must sound like, but it is fact, it's been proven, and you can find it on the internet. Banks suck. They hold that **** because they can, not because it's necessary.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:15 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
It looks like it was a Chase check. The best way IMO to avoid bank shenanigans like this is to go directly to an actual Chase bank branch and cash the check to cash on the spot. Since it was written from Chase, they could confirm authenticity / clearance of funds right there while you wait and give you cash. Then you're done...
The closest Chase branch is 130km away in NY state. I really didn't think my bank would be this useless and never considered going to the States just to cash the check. Almost makes sense now.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 AM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

After following along with this thread over the past few weeks, let me just say this... I hope that this saga is coming to an end, your check clears, and you move on with a lot of wasted time, but only out the shipping charges. Should you have to eat those charges? No, I don't think so. But all-in-all, it's a better result than I think everyone was expecting when this turned south.

I would guess that on the advice of legal counsel, RTF has decided to stop engaging with customers on a public forum. There was a window where a dialogue might have been productive, and RTF could have come in here and helped to ameliorate the customer service disaster that was unfolding, but I think that ship has long since sailed. It's too bad.

On a positive note, and unrelated to the specifics of this thread, Jay, your car looks great if that's your car in your avatar pic. I love the wheels you have on it, the stance, everything. I had a black Porsche before, and although I'm happy to not have to detail my white one nearly as much, nothing looks as good as a freshly detailed black sports car (in my opinion). What wheels and suspension setup are you running in that picture?
Old 01-02-2017, 05:25 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=JayinToronto;13851202]I spoke with a senior account manager on Friday. Got the stupidest response. "All our checks are handled by a third party, we use bla bla. The standard is for a 15 day hold to be put on all US cheques. Since you are a good client of ours with sufficient funds in your account I will release the funds to you. However, there is still the possibility that the cheque doesn't clear at which time the funds will be reversed. This could take up to 90 days."

That's just a friggin joke. Pathetic. 90 days.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

If it is certified it is drawn on the bank. The funds would have transferred to the issuing bank prior the check being written. If the check itself is fraudulent that's another story.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intentionally issuing a rubber check, particularly to an important country like Canada, is a felony offense that pulls in the FBI, punishable by long term jail time. i don't think, even Carl or Raz, would be dumb/arrogant enough to get tangled up with that------but then, I've been wrong about those 2 all along?
Old 01-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

I'd bet a lot of money, a LOT of money, that the check is fine. This is the bank doing the yanking.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
If it is certified it is drawn on the bank. The funds would have transferred to the issuing bank prior the check being written. If the check itself is fraudulent that's another story.
You can purchase a certified check from the bank, and the next day (and for a significant time after, cancel it before it is "cashed")
So 2 countries, 2 banks, someone can buy and send it and cancel it before you deposit it, and it takes time to sort out)

(They go by other names also, bank draft, money order, certified checks, etc)

Here is the policy of TD which is in Canada and the USA, and it states a 90 day window to cancel a "certified check"
https://www.tdbank.com/tdhelps/defau...ed/v/41416219/

I took a moment and researched it, feel free to correct or add details above.
(Imo he absolutely should have wired the funds due to the history between he and you)
I hope you get your $ back, but now I think you see why the bank holds funds for extended time periods)
Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

Canadian banks hold US checks for 90 days, same goes for US banks holding CDN checks. There is a lot of fraud with international cheques so they don't take the risk.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 389 Posts

wires also can be charged back if fraud (for I believe 90 days).

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000