Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobalt blue 997.1 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:45 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

You'd have to be pretty unlucky for one of these to start leaking really.
Maybe the aircoolers with that mileage. I don't know the prices in the US, but with that low miles it seems pretty good.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:22 PM
AfricanHunter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbelk
I'm sorry, but you really seem to be pushing this car...why?

No PCCB'S or Adaptive Sport Seats. The color is nice but far from rare... Low miles can yield leaked seals etc... Although, it may be in excellent cond as the new owner puts on the miles wave the premium good-buy.

Maybe if it was a last year hybrid 09...with the 2010 updated display, phone, stereo..etc...

Best to the dealer and buyer...and you.

​Happy Holidays!!!
only so it gets bought before I get weak =)

not my car. Get nothing from the sale. Was surprised to see the forum thinking this would go 11% lower than list when it seemed fairly priced(to me, based on what I have seen) and I try to keep a pulse on the market for cars I am interested in.

I tend to think the last Metzger cars will appreciate over time. We'll see if I am right. I always try to buy last of, unique and or rare vehicles and it has served me well on the sell side.

Josh
Old 12-04-2016, 10:38 PM
waizone
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Sweet car. I passed on a cobalt blue Gt3 recently. Probably a mistake. I personally would pay a premium for a low mile turbo. I bought my 09 last year w/ 900 miles and paid a lot more than this car. Was it worth it? Absolutely !
OP - I'm in Encinitas. We should connect. Im looking at Gt4's. Pm me
Old 12-04-2016, 11:10 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993MAN
You'd have to be pretty unlucky for one of these to start leaking really.
Maybe the aircoolers with that mileage. I don't know the prices in the US, but with that low miles it seems pretty good.
Hello Mate!
I have to disagree, as a car left idle, well bad things happen, none of which are good for the owner.

I researched and found the following:

- Glycol-based coolant degrades over time and can damage water pump seals, not to mention corrode the engine’s passages.

- Motor oil, can degrade via its additives separating with fluctuations in weather. The engine also becomes susceptible to water condensation buildup, where the moisture in the air sticks to the cylinder wall liners and all metal parts that aren’t coated in oil.

- Oil also tends to fall into the pan/tank, making startup after an extended period of sitting especially hazardous because you’d be starting the engine with its upper components like cams essentially dry.

- Rubber suspension components absolutely go bad if left idle, and even if the car was driven sparingly, it’s likely that over time and short heat cycles, they’d perish and crack.

- Tires have a use-by expiration date stamped on its side. This is because the compounds within the tire can dry out leading to handling that is not only unpredictable, but in the case of Paul Walker and Roger Rodas in their Porsche GT, actually tragic.

- In-tank fuel components, if made with metal, can also rust from the inside out since unused gas can varnish quite quickly, especially with the added ethanol content that modern pump gas requires.

It makes virtually no sense to buy a nearly decade old car with extremely low mileage if you’re looking for a good driving example of the model.

From what I've been seeing, it appears that there's been an increase of 997.1 TT's placed fo sale on US market. For a sweet 08 w/less than 25K, one could expect to pay between low $70's to low $80's.

As for rare colors that draw a premium...Mexico Blue is one that I would pay...

Cheers Mate,

​​

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-04-2016 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car, but that's a silly price. CB is a nice color, but nothing uber special. Also it doesn't have PCCB, and appears to have normal seats in ....tan. So it has a less than desired interior. It's a $75k car all day... maybe $80 due to miles. I'd personally have one with 20k miles but with all the goodies
Old 12-05-2016, 10:47 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 290 Posts

Nice color. List price is list price. Sale price may be different. 4800 miles - wonder whether its had maintenance done annually regardless of low mileage.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I just wished it had sport seats atleast. So Im out.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:23 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
Also it doesn't have PCCB,
Agree, PCCB should be a must for that price but still I think price is not too high. A dealer always has some wiggle room and $85k is a fair price imo.

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
and appears to have normal seats in ....tan.
Not tan, brown as in Natural leather brown. The most desirable interior there is.
This combined with cobalt blue is a sure winner imo. Normal seats are just fine for many buyers, not everybody believes the adaptive seats hype.

@VBB , since you are 'baffled' how anybody would want to pay a premium of 10-15% for a low mileage car aren't you going just bonkers thinking about people willing to buy a new car which is more like 40-50% over a nice used car.

@JB , don't believe everything you read.
Cars don't just go bad from not using. That's a story people like to tell for making them feel good they bought a high miler. Fact is, any car, low or high mile can have problems. But most you mention is just not true.
I have dealt with high mile, low mile and in between mile cars for 3 decades now. Given the choice I would go for the low mile garage queen every time !
Old 12-05-2016, 01:36 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TT-911 Very good points!!! I guess in the end we do our due diligence before pulling the trigger...buy what we want and have a beer with a freind or two. Life is very short and waiting for the absolute perfect car at the perfect price could lead to an empty garage...
Cheers my freind...
JB
Old 12-06-2016, 12:27 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TT-911
@VBB , since you are 'baffled' how anybody would want to pay a premium of 10-15% for a low mileage car aren't you going just bonkers thinking about people willing to buy a new car which is more like 40-50% over a nice used car.
Fair point... but then again, I also am not one that is willing to pay a premium for the "new car smell" in buying a car brand new off the lot rather than getting the same car used for a deep discount. It's a personal decision of course, but we all have to do our own cost-benefit analysis. I lease new cars and buy used ones. Again, just another personal philosophy of mine. I understand people think leasing is stupid.

What I'm just having a more difficult time understanding are those people who are willing to buy a 8-10 year old used car, but only looking for extremely low mileage garage queens, and yet they don't plan on keeping the car as a collector, but as a driver.

Alas, the market dictates everything. If someone can demand a premium for an older, but low mileage car, and someone is a buyer for the same car, then I call that supply and demand at its finest.

Quick Reply: Cobalt blue 997.1 Turbo