Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off-the-shelf clutch remote bleeder line extension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 10:36 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Off-the-shelf clutch remote bleeder line extension?

Does anyone know if there's a kit or assembly to replace the clutch slave cylinder bleeder with an extension line to allow for remote bleeding?

If not a kit or assembly, perhaps all the part numbers to build one?

I'd install it and just leave it in place (tying it off in the engine compartment or the undercarriage near the tail of the car).
The following users liked this post:
Darkstar1 (08-25-2023)
Old 11-28-2016, 07:41 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,597 Likes on 4,195 Posts

I use this.

Silicone hose and collection bag come from Speed Bleeders and the socket set is a Craftsman, but you could use any socket setup that's designed for long bolts where the gearing is on the outside of the sockets and inner ring of the ratchet. It allows you to loosen then tighten the bleeder screw without removing the hose or tool from the fitting.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 AM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks Pete! I have to admit I'm being a bit preemptively lazy in trying to avoid taking off the belly panels in the future. [I have already purchased the nifty set-up you have. Very nifty.]

Does anyone out there know the "size" of the bleeder in the clutch slave cylinder for a 997.1? Thread pitch, tip configuration (to mate with slave seat configuration), diameter, length, etc. It seems that that's the only Porsche specific part I'd need. I think that BAT in Florida(?) can build a remote bleeder for me if I can tell them the specs of that initial connection to the slave cylinder.

Quick Reply: Off-the-shelf clutch remote bleeder line extension?