Eyebrow ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:32 PM
myamymy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Eyebrow ???

Hi all,

I saw this carbon fiber headlight eyebrow set on eBay. I am not a big fan of carbon fiber add ons as too many ricers use them extensively.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-16-Carr...JX4A7k&vxp=mtr

The only reason I consider it is when I got xpel headlight protection film installed on my car, the installer screwed it up little bit. There is some delamination around the edges. I was thinking about using the eyebrows to cover it. My car is 2014 c2 guards red.

Too ricey/cheesey? Anyone has any experience wit them? Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by myamymy; 10-21-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will end up being a personal design decision. You will get tons of different opinions on here - but at the end of the day, it's your baby, and you should do what makes you happy, personally.

That's my opinion anyway.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:11 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
This will end up being a personal design decision. You will get tons of different opinions on here - but at the end of the day, it's your baby, and you should do what makes you happy, personally.

That's my opinion anyway.
Completely agree
having said that, I personally would skip on these
Old 10-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I would personally skip it as well. The stock in my eye looks better. But, that's me. That's why they offer cars in different colors and better - black door handles - different wheels - aftermarket products.

You should design the car that makes YOUR eyes happy.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:53 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

I disagree with the previous posters. I don't care at all if you are pleased with the car. I only want 2 things:

1) to not throw-up in my mouth if I ever happen to see your car, and
2) to not see the 911's reputation degraded for the rest of us.

If you didn't need help with this decision you wouldn't have asked for help.

Don't do it.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:17 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Don't mess with a good thing.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I disagree with the previous posters. I don't care at all if you are pleased with the car. I only want 2 things:

1) to not throw-up in my mouth if I ever happen to see your car, and
2) to not see the 911's reputation degraded for the rest of us.

If you didn't need help with this decision you wouldn't have asked for help.

Don't do it.
Bit harsh no? This escalated rather quickly. Brand goes down from headlight rings?
Old 10-21-2016, 06:36 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Old 10-21-2016, 06:41 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Do you peeps really think that a man who has managed to acquire a late-model 911 doesn't KNOW that it's his car, he paid for and he can do whatever he damn well pleases to it? Is it really helpful to remind him of that?

His was a desperate cry for help, a plea to someone with taste to stop him from this misstep before somebody is injured. If he was holding a syringe full of liquid drain opener would you say, "Hey man, whatever feels good to ya?"
Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Do you peeps really think that a man who has managed to acquire a late-model 911 doesn't KNOW that it's his car, he paid for and he can do whatever he damn well pleases to it? Is it really helpful to remind him of that?

His was a desperate cry for help, a plea to someone with taste to stop him from this misstep before somebody is injured. If he was holding a syringe full of liquid drain opener would you say, "Hey man, whatever feels good to ya?"
In General I'm a big fan of your posts.

This time I think you might have drifted a little too close to Donald Trumpism.

OP- I agree that some mods are over the top but brother unless someone is contributing to the payments the only opinion that matters is yours. I also hate to see people eviscerated on the forums no matter how the question or comment aggravates someone.

With that said if you put these on a dark car they would be lost anyway. I wouldn't personally like them on a lighter car. I think Carbon Fiber is a nice interior accent.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:49 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by myamymy
The only reason I consider it is when I got xpel headlight protection film installed on my car, the installer screwed it up little bit. There is some delamination around the edges.
Here's an FYI about something that is discussed elsewhere in the forums. It is stated in the those discussions that Porsche officially advises against film on the headlights.

The problem with the film not working well on the 991 headlights is that Porsche coats the headlights with a very thin anti-UV coating and any film on the headlights will likely pull some of that UV coating off, especially at the edges where the film pulls after stretching over the bulged shape of the 991 lens. So when you see a film on the headlights that seems to be peeling at the edges, it isn't the film that's peeling, it is the UV coating. It is something that a film installer can't beat.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:46 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 426 Posts

Sure why not.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:04 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S

Sure why not.
LOL, first thing I thought of. Used to see those on a Miata with pop-ups at track days twenty years ago.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:13 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
In General I'm a big fan of your posts.
Thank you, that's kind to say.

This time I think you might have drifted a little too close to Donald Trumpism...

I also hate to see people eviscerated on the forums no matter how the question or comment aggravates someone.
Fair enough. But to be clear, any evisceration I inflicted was aimed not at the question asker, but at people who feel the need every time somebody asks for our opinion, to fall all over themselves iterating, reiterating, and post-iterating the fact that the decision is, after all, the asker's to make, and no matter what we might be saying, he needs to make sure he understands that we support his right to do whatever he wants to his own car, because, after all, we're not making the payments, ya know.

Myamymy, if you were caught in my eviscerating crossfire, my apologies. I personally might not do the eyebrows on my personal car, but I can see how it might appeal to some people and after all, in case you have forgotten, it is your car, and ultimately, you may not realize this, but you, and only you, can make this decision about eyebrows on the front of your Porsche.

Unless of course, I start making the payments, in which case I will rip those ugly bastards off the front so fast it'll pull the paint and primer off with them.

Oh, and just to further render my post ridiculous: I have no idea what eyebrows we're even talking about (assuming it's not the ones pictured right above.) So I'm just going on the sound of it.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:19 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Thank you, that's kind to say.

Fair enough. But to be clear, any evisceration I inflicted was aimed not at the question asker, but at people who feel the need every time somebody asks for our opinion, to fall all over themselves iterating, reiterating, and post-iterating the fact that the decision is, after all, the asker's to make, and no matter what we might be saying, he needs to make sure he understands that we support his right to do whatever he wants to his own car, because, after all, we're not making the payments, ya know.

Myamymy, if you were caught in my eviscerating crossfire, my apologies. I personally might not do the eyebrows on my personal car, but I can see how it might appeal to some people and after all, in case you have forgotten, it is your car, and ultimately, you may not realize this, but you, and only you, can make this decision about eyebrows on the front of your Porsche.

Unless of course, I start making the payments, in which case I will rip those ugly bastards off the front so fast it'll pull the paint and primer off with them.

Oh, and just to further render my post ridiculous: I have no idea what eyebrows we're even talking about (assuming it's not the ones pictured right above.) So I'm just going on the sound of it.
How do you feel about mud flaps? I am thinking Yosemite Sam with six shooters drawn and the caption "back off".

Quick Reply: Eyebrow ???