These...are eybrow moldings T
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Thank you, that's kind to say.

Fair enough. But to be clear, any evisceration I inflicted was aimed not at the question asker, but at people who feel the need every time somebody asks for our opinion, to fall all over themselves iterating, reiterating, and post-iterating the fact that the decision is, after all, the asker's to make, and no matter what we might be saying, he needs to make sure he understands that we support his right to do whatever he wants to his own car, because, after all, we're not making the payments, ya know.

Myamymy, if you were caught in my eviscerating crossfire, my apologies. I personally might not do the eyebrows on my personal car, but I can see how it might appeal to some people and after all, in case you have forgotten, it is your car, and ultimately, you may not realize this, but you, and only you, can make this decision about eyebrows on the front of your Porsche.

Unless of course, I start making the payments, in which case I will rip those ugly bastards off the front so fast it'll pull the paint and primer off with them.

Oh, and just to further render my post ridiculous: I have no idea what eyebrows we're even talking about (assuming it's not the ones pictured right above.) So I'm just going on the sound of it.
"evisceration I inflicted was aimed..."

It isn't healthy to get this angry ever - but especially over a car question.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Thank you, that's kind to say.

Fair enough. But to be clear, any evisceration I inflicted was aimed not at the question asker, but at people who feel the need every time somebody asks for our opinion, to fall all over themselves iterating, reiterating, and post-iterating the fact that the decision is, after all, the asker's to make, and no matter what we might be saying, he needs to make sure he understands that we support his right to do whatever he wants to his own car, because, after all, we're not making the payments, ya know.

Myamymy, if you were caught in my eviscerating crossfire, my apologies. I personally might not do the eyebrows on my personal car, but I can see how it might appeal to some people and after all, in case you have forgotten, it is your car, and ultimately, you may not realize this, but you, and only you, can make this decision about eyebrows on the front of your Porsche.

Unless of course, I start making the payments, in which case I will rip those ugly bastards off the front so fast it'll pull the paint and primer off with them.

Oh, and just to further render my post ridiculous: I have no idea what eyebrows we're even talking about (assuming it's not the ones pictured right above.) So I'm just going on the sound of it.
Agreed all of above
Old 10-21-2016, 11:29 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S

Sure why not.
Hilarious!!!! That's exactly what I first thought the OP was thinking about.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:29 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myamymy
Too ricey/cheesey?
Yes, I think so. I like CF bits, but I'm not feelin' it here.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:44 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, my opinion is that you should explore the possibility of repairing the damaged film. Or have that section replaced. I personally am not a fan of protection films anyway. You could just as well remove it altogether and decide later down the road to reinstall it. BTW I would need a pic of what your planing to install before I comment on the appearance. If it's similar to the covers that made the 996 fried egg lights look oval then I don't thing it will go over to well. On that car it was an improvement though so who knows without a pic.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:53 AM
myamymy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank u all for your input. I guess it is safe to say it isn't a good idea.

I usually don't ask for other people's opinions but this time I felt like I needed an advice since I have never seen one on. I just didn't want to waste $360.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2016, 01:54 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
"evisceration I inflicted was aimed..."

It isn't healthy to get this angry ever - but especially over a car question.
Oh, you're probably right. But I just can't help it! People start talking about CF eyebrows and I...just...GET...SO....FREAKING...ANGRY!!!!!
Old 10-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myamymy
Thank u all for your input. I guess it is safe to say it isn't a good idea.

I usually don't ask for other people's opinions but this time I felt like I needed an advice since I have never seen one on. I just didn't want to waste $360.

Thanks
Wise decision I may say. Imagine having to clean all that gunk that got trapped between and under the adhesives after a while.

PF

Quick Reply: Eyebrow ???