Sponsored by:

Cayenne 955 techart help required

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:43 AM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 955 techart help required

Hi guys, I have acquired a techart wide arch bodykit for my cayenne 955 but it did not come with bumper grilles and spotlights.
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of where to purchase these items from, I have contacted many dealers of these kits but they only sell complete kits so they keep telling me.
Im desperate to fit this kit but won't do anything without them.
There must be someone that supplies these parts separately.
Thanks in advance..
Rog
Old 10-18-2016, 02:34 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried contacting techart directly?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I remember Brit6 had an avatar on his page with a TechArt 955 body kit in white. Not sure if the car was his but you may want to try to PM him for info: https://rennlist.com/forums/members/69664-brit6.html
Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Alibaba.com or Polish allegro.pl
Old 10-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

I'm in the process of doing a Misha widebody kit on my 2009 CTTS and currently working on the front bumper. Upgrading to 958 model turn signals with DRL function that I'll trigger from a current sensing DRL module. Just finished making custom mounting bracket's for the lights that I'll have powdercoated black. I'm using PIAA led fog lights in the corners of the lower openings (same position as the factory lights), but rather than doing the busy grill work from the OEM bumper, I'm fitting powder coated black mesh to the openings to protect the radiators and Intercoolers from debris and give it a more aggressive look with the large front openings. Maybe you want to do something similar.

Here are a couple pics of the bumper work in process. Mesh is roughed-in in the drivers side upper opening and lower center section so far

and one of about what it will look like when finished, but with the lower front lights too.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo
Have you tried contacting techart directly?
I am awaiting a reply from them but nothing yet
Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Andy E.
I remember Brit6 had an avatar on his page with a TechArt 955 body kit in white. Not sure if the car was his but you may want to try to PM him for info: https://rennlist.com/forums/members/69664-brit6.html
Cheers mate, I'll give him a try
Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by lupo.sk
Alibaba.com or Polish allegro.pl
I tried a few company's on alibaba but they all say they only sell the complete kit. Haven't heard of polish allegro till now so thanks
Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
I'm in the process of doing a Misha widebody kit on my 2009 CTTS and currently working on the front bumper. Upgrading to 958 model turn signals with DRL function that I'll trigger from a current sensing DRL module. Just finished making custom mounting bracket's for the lights that I'll have powdercoated black. I'm using PIAA led fog lights in the corners of the lower openings (same position as the factory lights), but rather than doing the busy grill work from the OEM bumper, I'm fitting powder coated black mesh to the openings to protect the radiators and Intercoolers from debris and give it a more aggressive look with the large front openings. Maybe you want to do something similar. Here are a couple pics of the bumper work in process. Mesh is roughed-in in the drivers side upper opening and lower center section so far and one of about what it will look like when finished, but with the lower front lights too.
Got to be honest your bumper is so much nicer looking than the one I got,I'm not to keen on the look of my one , I only bought the kit as I love the widearch look, if I could mould them onto a turbo bumper I'd prefer the look..
Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 AM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dj_Rgr
I am awaiting a reply from them but nothing yet
Finally got a reply from techart yesterday asking for my chassis no and build no of my jeep.. when I told them it was not a genuine techart car I had a reply telling me that they will only supply parts for genuine techart cars so here I am still searching the World Wide Web for grilles and light kits.. 🤔
Old 10-26-2016, 01:36 PM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you considered making one out of expanded metal or heavy gauge woven screen? They're both popular grill material on race cars and hot rods.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj_Rgr
Got to be honest your bumper is so much nicer looking than the one I got,I'm not to keen on the look of my one , I only bought the kit as I love the widearch look, if I could mould them onto a turbo bumper I'd prefer the look..
Thanks a lot. If you're interested in doing the complete Misha kit, it's about $10,000 and I can put you in touch with them, just let me know. It included the front & rear bumpers, hood, fender flares to mate up to the molded in widebody bumper arches, side rocker panels, and the upper rear spoiler.

Here's what the rest of the custom mesh grills I fabricated last weekend look like and I'll be assembling the bumper for a final test fit once the lighting brackets come back from powdercoat on Thursday.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:18 AM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo
Have you considered making one out of expanded metal or heavy gauge woven screen? They're both popular grill material on race cars and hot rods.
To be honest the grille holes are so big that it wouldn't suit the bumper, I've seen a couple done like this and they don't look very nice.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Dj_Rgr
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
Thanks a lot. If you're interested in doing the complete Misha kit, it's about $10,000 and I can put you in touch with them, just let me know. It included the front & rear bumpers, hood, fender flares to mate up to the molded in widebody bumper arches, side rocker panels, and the upper rear spoiler. Here's what the rest of the custom mesh grills I fabricated last weekend look like and I'll be assembling the bumper for a final test fit once the lighting brackets come back from powdercoat on Thursday.
Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't want to spend that much on it as I'm planning on replacing it with a carerra 4 s in the very near future.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 955 techart help required