Sponsored by:

Could this be the 991.2 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 06:01 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Feel for me. This is my GT3 last week packed away in my storage unit after DMS install!
No we most definitely will not FEEL for you... you live in an island paradise somewhere in the South Pacific, where except for the occasional earthquake (oops) it seems like paradise. Yes, you have to fly to a different country to drive your car, but as NZ remains the most beautiful place I've ever been, you've kind of got it double perfect buddy.

Now.. what the gentleman above said about midwestern girls vs San Francisco.. ugh.. he's so right he has no idea... and don't get me started about garage issues ;-)
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Definitely some hot girls in Minneapolis.

All the other stuff you said is very true. However, I'd rather pay 2-3x as much for a house, but never worry about snow or winter tires, track all year round, do other sports year round, have truly sunny days 6 days out of 7 year round, and as the beach season is 9 months out of the year, women in SoCal have to keep themselves swimsuit ready all year long!
Ouch!

Can't argue Drifting, I spent 10 years in Huntington Beach, Seal Beach etc. and plenty of time in Santa Cruz, it's damn nice. I miss the hell out of it and the ocean. I get it. As I get older, my tolerance for winter is waning. I make my living through GORE TEX based snow products so I can't leave yet. But give me five more years!

Christmas is quite nice
Old 09-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Feel for me. This is my GT3 last week packed away in my storage unit after DMS install!
Crikey Macca! I do feel for you. Did you have to push it back in? On a brighter note it's very organized!
Old 09-23-2016, 03:07 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

do you guys think the gt3 will get that terrible little porsche-manettino device we see on the regular models? it flexes when you push on it, and seems so copy-cat, fake & utilitarian. and if we do.. what are they going to put as a function for the little button in the middle.. the one which gives you "over-boost" for 20 seconds in a turbocharged car?.. oh, and please don't tell me they'll paint it read like a friggin' james bond rocket launcher device.. god I hope they keep some measure of authenticity in the gt3.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
do you guys think the gt3 will get that terrible little porsche-manettino device we see on the regular models? it flexes when you push on it, and seems so copy-cat, fake & utilitarian. and if we do.. what are they going to put as a function for the little button in the middle.. the one which gives you "over-boost" for 20 seconds in a turbocharged car?.. oh, and please don't tell me they'll paint it read like a friggin' james bond rocket launcher device.. god I hope they keep some measure of authenticity in the gt3.
I don't think the GT3 will get it because the Motorsport department goes by the philosophy : no buttons on the steering wheel...which I really agree with and like.

Either way,every reviewer that has driven late model Porsches with that **** had nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:19 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by neanicu
I don't think the GT3 will get it because the Motorsport department goes by the philosophy : no buttons on the steering wheel...which I really agree with and like.

Either way,every reviewer that has driven late model Porsches with that **** had nothing but good things to say about it.
have you gotten to use one yourself? i think you'll feel the flimsy, flexy, plasticky quality i'm talking about when you do. The reviewers may find it to be a neat gadget, but philosophically, the whole multi-setting thing seems to go against the ethos of the GT cars, similarly to what you're referring to above.

anyway, my question was more speculative/fun.. what do YOU think they'll do with that little center button in an NA car?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:23 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

have you gotten to use one yourself? i think you'll feel the flimsy, flexy, plasticky quality i'm talking about when you do. The reviewers may find it to be a neat gadget, but philosophically, the whole multi-setting thing seems to go against the ethos of the GT cars, similarly to what you're referring to above. anyway, my question was more speculative/fun.. what do YOU think they'll do with that little center button in an NA car?
I have not used it,no.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:33 PM
G55amg
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope not
Old 09-23-2016, 03:34 PM
G55amg
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by G55amg
I hope not

I hope not, I don't think there is a reason for it
Old 09-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Spacedust
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT3 991.2: 1.10.16 Paris confirmed.
Confirmed also in German Forum PFF.
Book your flights
Old 09-23-2016, 04:11 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spacedust
GT3 991.2: 1.10.16 Paris confirmed. Confirmed also in German Forum PFF. Book your flights
Sure,if you want to have a romantic weekend with the wife,go right ahead...but you won't be seeing a new GT3 in the process.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:13 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Sure,if you want to have a romantic weekend with the wife,go right ahead...but you won't be seeing a new GT3 in the process.
"Honey lets go to Paris!"
"Really, I am so amazingly excited, great idea!"
"On one condition honey, we are going to the auto show, new Porsche there"
"Ok fine as long as we visit Hermes, I want to buy a bag! "
Old 09-23-2016, 06:20 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Funny. Rumors building. Can't wait to see what does (or better doesn't) show in Paris

I went to the Paris show more than a few years back and dragged my wife. She was none too happy, even on a weekday it was a complete zoo. Required some post-show shopping...
Old 09-23-2016, 06:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 759 Posts

Chanel store for Mrs.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No we most definitely will not FEEL for you... you live in an island paradise somewhere in the South Pacific, where except for the occasional earthquake (oops) it seems like paradise. Yes, you have to fly to a different country to drive your car, but as NZ remains the most beautiful place I've ever been, you've kind of got it double perfect buddy.

Now.. what the gentleman above said about midwestern girls vs San Francisco.. ugh.. he's so right he has no idea... and don't get me started about garage issues ;-)
True True. But your forgot the super cyclones (Hurricanes) - the last one was 200mph sustained!

Also if you are single you don't have much choice on what to cuddle up to at night!

Ive hand selected this lady for you Alex when you get bored with Blondie :-). Mamma says she is not scared of Boxter Spyders too (pretty sure she thought they were a box of arthropods!).

So there are downsides even in paradise LOL!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Could this be the 991.2 GT3?