Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 rear bumper cover upgrade - advice and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 11:02 AM
leon yagudayev
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I like it also. It's seems like my only option would be the one posted in the link in the beginning of the thread. It's 2k.. after paint and install probably gonna be close to 3k lol
Old 09-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Try GT3 Tek or Vorsteiner. My wife's pink pearl 997 has Vorsteiner front & rear bumpers (no warts is how they come) and a TT active aero rear deck lid. The front bump comes with a lower CF lip but since she DD's her car we deleted it during the install - not quite as nice looking without it, but she hardly ever scrapes the nose either. Here's a shot of the front and then a few of the rear from different angles. Many people paint the center lower section black or do a CF wrap on that part for contrast, but she wanted it all the same color. Found some custom tips that are longer than stock by a couple inches so that they would extend just past this bump out to keep the rear of the car a little cleaner.

My favorite rear bumper is the RUF RGT style with through bumper exhausts that I put on my 997 R-Kompressor, but had to talk them into selling the last one in existence to me, as they were keeping it in case any of their RT or RGT customers needed a replacement.

I also think either here or on 6speed in the Marketplace someone is selling an OEM bumper where they've done the wart removal so it looks like the Euro one.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:25 PM
leon yagudayev
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Try GT3 Tek or Vorsteiner. My wife's pink pearl 997 has Vorsteiner front & rear bumpers (no warts is how they come) and a TT active aero rear deck lid. The front bump comes with a lower CF lip but since she DD's her car we deleted it during the install - not quite as nice looking without it, but she hardly ever scrapes the nose either. Here's a shot of the front and then a few of the rear from different angles. Many people paint the center lower section black or do a CF wrap on that part for contrast, but she wanted it all the same color. Found some custom tips that are longer than stock by a couple inches so that they would extend just past this bump out to keep the rear of the car a little cleaner.

My favorite rear bumper is the RUF RGT style with through bumper exhausts that I put on my 997 R-Kompressor, but had to talk them into selling the last one in existence to me, as they were keeping it in case any of their RT or RGT customers needed a replacement.

I also think either here or on 6speed in the Marketplace someone is selling an OEM bumper where they've done the wart removal so it looks like the Euro one.
Hi. I like the bumper on your wife's car. That's exactly how I want mine. I checked the gt3tek site and they have the bumper pic and the price seem a bit more reasonable than wicked works. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and help
Old 09-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Looks like GT3Tek is running a Labor Day sale on front spoilers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/951830-gt3tek-labor-day-sale.html

Maybe you can talk them into a Labor Day deal on the rear bumper you want. Post up pics when you're done

Quick Reply: 997.2 rear bumper cover upgrade - advice and opinions