Sponsored by: APR

New GT4 at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Msrp good, but who orders telephone module?
The devil (666)
Old 08-01-2016, 03:53 PM
DB323
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this sold yet? If not, I would be shocked if it was still available by the end of the day. Good price and options(telephone module or not) if the dealer is selling at MSRP.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Math. It's killer. Lol
Yup, thats why all the advertisements nowadays quote monthly payments. That way its more difficult for the less math skilled ones to realize whats going on.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Have you driven a GT4 with PCCBs in anger? Definitely worth $2,730 over a few years...they are the most impressive thing about the car, IMO. Overkill for sure, but in a good way.
Let me try yours since I'm too cheap for a trial and error. I track my car and swap pads myself - which includes wheel swaps and NOT taking chances to accidentally chip the rotors while doing so. I also don't mind cleaning my wheels - break dust.

By the way, your math assumes the rest of the car isn't depreciating.
Correct, but since the poster I responded to worded it that way I wanted to make sure I responded on his level, what he thought was "truth in advertising".

Old 08-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
I track my car and swap pads myself - which includes wheel swaps and NOT taking chances to accidentally chip the rotors while doing so.
Same here, and I had never considered PCCBs for fear of damage during a klutzy wheel swap...along with memories of gravel in my brakes after going off track once upon a time in my E46 M3...but I am now a believer!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

...but I am now a believer!
Is that an offer to let me try yours? Remember, no guarantees from my end.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

I might...if I had one of my own!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:52 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

I might...if I had one of my own!

Old 08-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Looks more like a customer spec'ed car whose interest has faded (or what's the epxression dealers use" "circumstances changed'? LOL) Either way, good deal at MSRP when production is days from being halted.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LWBs = $4730
PCCBs = $7400
Total = $12130

You command = $10000

Loss = $2730

Like orthojoe stated you are loosing money

And while a few may pay what you think its worth not everybody will.

Oh yeah....the extra 2.7K on a $100K + build - I forgot to get my build sheet out.

Thats a rounding error .... and sounds like a little yellow caliper envy.

Such a hostile group here. And all the while I thought golfers were an uptight group
Old 08-01-2016, 10:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Same here, and I had never considered PCCBs for fear of damage during a klutzy wheel swap...along with memories of gravel in my brakes after going off track once upon a time in my E46 M3...but I am now a believer!
Yup, those PCCB rotors are more sensitive than a woman on her period. Give me strong heavy steel rotors any day.

Originally Posted by Joemat
Oh yeah....the extra 2.7K on a $100K + build - I forgot to get my build sheet out.

Such a hostile group here. And all the while I thought golfers were an uptight group
Not uptight, just people who know that the option is a total waste of money. To me, PCCB has negative value to me because I'm going to swap them to steel rotors. Less choice in wheels, less choice in pads, overly sensitive and get easily damaged, and way too expense to replace...PASS. I'll deal with a little brake dust and pocket $8k thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:11 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

You have to look at the car overall vs. other cars with fewer options. My view is that a GT4 with LWBS's and PCCB's will be more attractive to a broader set of potential buyers (including those willing to pay a premium for those options). I have personally observed it with the GT3.

Personally I think 2-3 years out a GT4 with LWBS's and PCCB's can easily command 10K more than a GT4 without them (especially with lower miles as stated in my earlier post).

I think the point is that to say there is a financial benifit to having the PCCB false while saying the owner who chooses the PCCB will receive 'value' when owning/using the PCCBs is dependent on the individual.

Has nothing to do with envy but does help explain where you are coming from.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

+1, deceleration from high speed is impressive w/ PCCBs.
My only beef is that Porsche only offers PCCBs in yellow
Have you driven a GT4 with PCCBs in anger? Definitely worth $2,730 over a few years...they are the most impressive thing about the car, IMO. Overkill for sure, but in a good way.

By the way, your math assumes the rest of the car isn't depreciating.
My measurement was repeated instant gut-wrenching deceleration from high speed. I doubt there is any difference in stopping distance...that is more a factor of the tires.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yup, those PCCB rotors are more sensitive than a woman on her period. Give me strong heavy steel rotors any day.

Not uptight, just people who know that the option is a total waste of money. To me, PCCB has negative value to me because I'm going to swap them to steel rotors. Less choice in wheels, less choice in pads, overly sensitive and get easily damaged, and way too expense to replace...PASS. I'll deal with a little brake dust and pocket $8k thank you very much.
+1
Old 08-21-2016, 04:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
+1, deceleration from high speed is impressive w/ PCCBs.
And you have compared this to steel brakes on a similar equipped car back to back?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

And you have compared this to steel brakes on a similar equipped car back to back?
I have and this is where the PCCBs shine the brightest. The power and feel bringing the car down from high speed is much better than the stock iron setup. I'm sure outright stopping distances are similar with similar tires, but the PCCBs offer better performance at speed. I've have one car with each and I've driven two near identical C2S's with each setup. I'd take the PCCBs all day and twice on Sunday if cost were not a factor. I also find that I can set my corner entry speeds more precisely than the iron setup, i.e., they offer better feel at speed.

On a street car, I'd always choose PCCB if given the option. And I hate the yellow calipers.

And the only place PCCBs are 'sensitive' are at slow, around town speeds. And you get used to that real quick and adjust pedal pressure. They're not sensitive at speed at all, just awesome.

Quick Reply: New GT4 at MSRP