Burning Brakes

Received 432 Likes on 173 Posts

Old 03-25-2015, 09:03 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EMC2
Thanks Radcap.

The Blackfire products I use for a full detail (after claying once every 9 months or so) are:

Step 1 - SRC Compound. (scratch/swirl removal if required)
Step 2 - Gloss Enhancing Polish
Step 3 - Wet Diamond Sealer ( this stuff is the most amazing product of all. Easy application and removal. Magnificent results)
Step 4 - Midnight Sun Wax (both the paste and spray versions are excellent)

About every 2 to 3 months I'll do a quicker detail starting at step 3.

Step 4 every Month after washing. And after a regular weekly was I'll use the Midnight Sun detail spray.
The products are designed to give Black paint an amazing deep liquid glow rather than a synthetic shiny look ( difficult to explain but easy to see)

Scratch Resistant Compound:
See example below when I removed the dealer swirls. Compounded area on left of tape, untouched area on right.

Awesome garage, I might just copy your color scheme some day.

I have a question regarding those swirls: I have these swirls on my black 2007 C2 since I bought it and always accepted them as somewhat god given, read permanent. If I get you correctly, these are removable??!!

Excuse my ignorance but past washing the car I have no idea how to do all this advanced detailing - could you point me in the right direction (youtube link or similar)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:24 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sebBo13
Awesome garage, I might just copy your color scheme some day. I have a question regarding those swirls: I have these swirls on my black 2007 C2 since I bought it and always accepted them as somewhat god given, read permanent. If I get you correctly, these are removable??!! Excuse my ignorance but past washing the car I have no idea how to do all this advanced detailing - could you point me in the right direction (youtube link or similar)? Thanks in advance.
Thanks - and yes you absolutely can get those swirls out and keep them out. How you wash and dry the car is equally important in keeping them out. I'll try and dig up a link that describes a method that has served me well. In the interim, here is a great video showing the process I use for swirl removal:
Also Autopia and autogeek are great detailing forums with excellent info.

EDIT.
Coincidentally, there is a great deal on the Griots buffer kit including pads and Blackfire products here for the next 24hrs
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/griot...t#.VRNXLoGkqK0

Last edited by EMC2; 03-25-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:10 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

Great, thanks!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:34 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Updated pic with the Panamera GTS

Old 11-15-2015, 12:53 PM
sebBo13
Advanced

This is some serious garage ****!
Just painted mine toenail fungus green (color looked better in the bucket) ... sometimes you win, sometimes you loose ;-)
Old 01-14-2016, 04:03 PM
MichaelBollinger
6th Gear

Updated pic with the Panamera GTS

WOW.

This thread has me motivated in so many ways. Just bought my first house that actually has a legit garage and I plan on having a Porsche or two in there eventually.

Thanks for the motivation!
Old 07-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Feelgood MD
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perfect garage except you missed one key component: a BEER FRIDGE!

BTW, as a fellow Atlantan, you should come join the Peachstate PCA for some DE track days at Road Atlanta in your 997.2! It's almost a sin to have that level of German engineering in your garage and not stretch it's legs at a nearby world-class road course!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:40 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Feelgood MD

BTW, as a fellow Atlantan, you should come join the Peachstate PCA for some DE track days at Road Atlanta in your 997.2! It's almost a sin to have that level of German engineering in your garage and not stretch it's legs at a nearby world-class road course!
Yep. Join the Peachstate PCA & get hooked up with a guy who runs the P-Car group and conducts some 'spirited driving' days up in North Georgia, etc. They aren't on a track, but lots of fun nonetheless. Next one is July 16th. They're a blast.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:21 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTS Sully
Yep. Join the Peachstate PCA & get hooked up with a guy who runs the P-Car group and conducts some 'spirited driving' days up in North Georgia, etc. They aren't on a track, but lots of fun nonetheless. Next one is July 16th. They're a blast.
Originally Posted by Feelgood MD

Thanks guys - sorry I hadn't looked at the thread for a while. I've actually been a PeachState PCA member for a long time, but unfortunately my schedule has prevented me from making proper use of it. I'm definitely hoping to change that in the near future
Old 07-16-2016, 10:00 PM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks guys - sorry I hadn't looked at the thread for a while. I've actually been a PeachState PCA member for a long time, but unfortunately my schedule has prevented me from making proper use of it. I'm definitely hoping to change that in the near future
You missed our spirited drive today from Suwanee GA up to Cashiers NC for lunch and back. My GTS is 5th from the left. Great group of guys. We might have broke the speed limit once or twice, or a couple hundred times.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:30 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Wow! Great pic Sully. Sounds like a lot of fun.

My mid year's resolution: I have to get out more
Hope to meet you guys soon.

Quick Reply: Porsche Garage Overhaul - ready for a 911