Caliber in pic is 6 piston

8 Pistons

Old 05-20-2016, 01:12 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Rvca3112
Every post I read from you I find entertaining,
Oh crap, he's hard enough to live with as it is.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:16 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
oooppps i thought the green was the BEFORE pics and i was waiting to see the better color you painted them...wow
Don't likem?
I'll bet they remind him of Tinkerbell.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:47 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
I'll bet they remind him of Tinkerbell.
I figure him not bringing Tink into his comment is a sign of how much he really likes the color. I don't think I've ever seen a Tinkerbell-less post by him before....
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Blk car, blk wheels and acid green combo I can see working... Blue car, silver wheels and green calipers is stretching a bit but hey lets wait to see the finished product. Op has a vision...

RVCA Have you seen the birch green GT3RS yet? Careful, it might haunt you amigo
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,036 Posts

You know... you really gotta love the one piece design of Porsche type calipers. I just changed out my wife's Volvo XC90's pads and rotors. Man, it was a major pain. The caliper is a three piece design with weird retainer clips to hold the pads tight. Those things go on super tight too! I was worried they'd fly off and hit me in the face when clamping them back on. Porsche brake swap out is crazy easy compared to Volvo.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

birch green but yellow calipers wtf? Nobody can get this right... this guy clearly needs powder blue calipers
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2016, 10:54 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardback
birch green but yellow calipers wtf? Nobody can get this right... this guy clearly needs powder blue calipers
I agree! This is a beautiful machine, but the yellow calipers clash with the unique green body color. Definitely needs a different compliment color or something neutral even like a pale grey.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 456 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Oh, and I just figured out what that first picture is of - I thought it was your original sample of just painting a business card or something to see the color. Duh.
That's OK. I thought it was a bat-hook.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 456 Likes on 295 Posts

It's my 30th birthday present to myself. I can't wait.
Ya need to learn how to live it up a bit better than that.

What about hookers and blow instead?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:17 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hardback
Originally Posted by b3freak
I agree! This is a beautiful machine, but the yellow calipers clash with the unique green body color. Definitely needs a different compliment color or something neutral even like a pale grey.
You guys are a bunch of babies! I'd still drive the hell out of that thing even if it was pink with lavender polkadots!
Old 05-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Screams "Look at me, here I am!!"
Old 05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

but certain colors have special meaning in the Porsche world and I don't like the color used if that's not what it is (e.g. red on a non-Turbo or S car).
Yes, but: Porsches have been every color under the sun in the past 60 years.
Yes, some colors are clearly used by Porsche AG to denote certain 'special' models, options, or characteristics.
To which I say: **** them. It's not as if the board of VW/Porsche lies awake at night, thinking "What exactly can we do this year to make Porsche buyers and drivers more satisfied, at a lower cost, and profit margin be damned?". Hardly.

Personally, I like the OP's color choice, although it's clearly not one of those 'for everyone' tones. For my own blue C4S, I am carrying the red caliper color through as the accent for what is, admittedly, a fairly quiet if not outright dull combination (midnight blue/gray). Is that the 'stock' appearance? Nope. Are my interior soft touch plastic fitting replacements (carbon fiber) 'OEM'? Not hardly. If I had nothing better to do with time and money, I'd have repainted mine birch green. Should I ever secure another air-cooled model, I plan to do exactly that. First Porsche that ever caught my attention at 15 was viper green, signal green, whatever they called it in the 70's, so: I have perhaps a disproportionate liking for a color that many find just butt-ugly.
It's not hanging a mirror ball in the cathedral. It's just brake calipers and lettering. Nobody at Porsche AG would find it an outrageous outrage that 'their' hybrid color is being 'misapplied'.

Please post final pix.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Maybe something like this:

Name:  100_8511.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  81.5 KB

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Ya need to learn how to live it up a bit better than that.

What about hookers and blow instead?
With the above caliper combo, you'd be able to attract these hookers.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:54 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Valkuri
To which I say: **** them.
I think you missed the part where I mentioned that I put a Turbo's bumper on my Cayenne

At the end of the day only one person has to live with it and like it. He asked for opinions and I gave with with a bit of my reasoning.

For my own blue C4S, I am carrying the red caliper color through as the accent for what is, admittedly, a fairly quiet if not outright dull combination (midnight blue/gray).
Sounds cool. The unbroken black/black in ours, while classic, is a little dull. I've been thinking about bringing the exterior color (Dark Blue Metallic) of my Cayenne inside to highlight it's interior a bit too (problem is I want to paint the wheel too but Porsche did a number on me with their stupid design of the shift buttons ).

Personally I say screw stock and make the car yours in whatever way you see fit. We don't all have to agree on what we think is best for ourselves

Personally I think the greens Porsche uses are the only non-monochromatic colors that they get right. I've seen a 958 GTS and a 991 TTS in the Peridot green and it is just stunning. I actually really like the Acid Green calipers too as they are a striking bit of flash.

In some ways, however, I have a bit of the Porsche snob in me though and caliper coloring is oddly one of those places. I'm not even against changing their color, just don't like the idea of using a model specific color on a model that it isn't.

Quick Reply: So uh... This happened today...