Notices

Any PCA/Rennlist'er Events in Edmonton Next Week? (May 3rd to 10th)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Ipecac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any PCA/Rennlist'er Events in Edmonton Next Week? (May 3rd to 10th)

I'm going to be in Edmonton from May 3rd to 10th with my son and his doubles partner for Badminton nationals. I'm going to miss my car... especially after an awesome DE day on Monday.

Anyway, to help with my withdrawal, I was wondering if there will be any tech nights, or other PCA events next week. Low probability, I know, but I thought I'd ask

Cheers,

Jonn
Old 05-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

http://pol.pca.org/calendar.asp

Looks like nothing from the PCA club....probably still hibernating for a little while longer. The PCA club in Calgary is starting off the driving season with a brunch on the 3rd.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Ipecac
Advanced

Wow -- that's a really quiet forum! Unless I'm missing the real forum - I was only lurking and didn't register for an account. If I'm desperate, I'll register and post a plea for a "mercy drive"... when I'm in deep withdrawal.

Any RennLister's or Polar Region or other PCA members going to the badminton nationals this week in Edmonton?

Jonn
Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya the forum is not used very much...most of the chatter is by email. You picked a bad week for the club with nothing on. PM me if you want to go for lunch with some of the members and get a Porsche fix....
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Ipecac
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leigh2
Ya the forum is not used very much...most of the chatter is by email. You picked a bad week for the club with nothing on. PM me if you want to go for lunch with some of the members and get a Porsche fix....
Wow -- Thank you very much for the offer! And you're located in Sherwood Park??? My son and I are staying at the Coast in Sherwood Park, right beside the Millennium arena.

Anyway, his scheduled matches are often straddling the noon hour -- I don't know how long he'll last before he gets knocked out... so I might be "free" as of Friday and Saturday if he's out of all 3 categories.

I've rented a car so I'm mobile. I'll definitely PM you (with some notice) if thinks are looking that way...

Thanks again for your kind offer!

Jonn
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Ipecac
Advanced

Alas, my son and I are back in Vancouver. The good news was, he played until Friday evening and made it to the semi finals in mens doubles -- the bad news was, it didn't give me a chance to escape and meet some of the Polar PCA'ers.

Thanks again, Leigh2 for the invitation.

Cheers,

Jonn

Quick Reply: Any PCA/Rennlist'er Events in Edmonton Next Week? (May 3rd to 10th)