Notices

Another team RennSpoon project

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Finally some progress
Got the new input shaft seal installed and was able to mate the gearbox to the engine,better now while everything is out !

I also realized that i'm missing one of the engine harnesses from my Patrick Motorsports kit,will call first thing on Monday and it's been three weeks in the waiting for my fuel lines from Len Cummings as well ...
Anyhow,after another productive day in the garage with my faithful assistant Schumi,i got the engine in ... believe me ,it's a very,very
tight fit !
I've become a master at solo engine drops and installations so that was pretty straight forward.Now everything should be connected tomorrow minus the conversion fuel lines and missing harness.It will be time to install Mr Steve Wong's custom chip in my DME and finalize the underseat wiring along with my new $$$ ignition module ...lol
The Kennedy clutch feels kind of funny as it's three times as stiff at the pedal as the OEM and i'm hoping that's normal because i don't really feel like dropping the engine again next week,will be calling them as well on Monday !
Another fun day in the garage planned for Sunday ... i really need to get air conditioning in there

That's all for now folks !!!

Cheers
Phil
Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you did all this last weekend, you are a brave soul, it was dam hot.
We should all chip in and get you a big fan, schumi would luv the extra breeze as well.
Congratulations on the progress.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Finally something easy and relaxing to do ...
I'm not sure what i was thinking when i decided to go ahead with this engine conversion ... all that for an extra 80 HP,not sure if it qualifies as a sane idea at this time of the year ... lol

I definitely need to get air conditioning in my garage as it felt like a sauna all weekend !
Working the midnight shift this week so the productivity level with be low,at least all the hard work is done except for the fiberglass bumpers which are a major pain in the butt

Cheers
Phil
Attached Images   
Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 PM
pkjense
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to ask, Is the chewing gum around the large resistor a performance or safety mod?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:56 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil,

I bet you are really looking forward to cranking that engine over and listening to it come to life....then the first test ride - enjoy my man the fruits of your labor!!

I see you are on the espresso's and saving the pints for later ;-)
Derek
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Originally Posted by pkjense
I have to ask, Is the chewing gum around the large resistor a performance or safety mod?
Paul,

It's a special thermal discombobulating compound that increases the performance of the flux capacitor

Cheers
Phil
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Originally Posted by DRPM
Phil,

I bet you are really looking forward to cranking that engine over and listening to it come to life....then the first test ride - enjoy my man the fruits of your labor!!

I see you are on the espresso's and saving the pints for later ;-)
Derek
Derek,

Never any pints while i'm working ... esspressos on the other hand,yes many of them !
Hopefully i'll have time to shake it down at ICAR before the July DE,still waiting on parts though ...

Cheers
Phil
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 AM
pkjense
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
Paul,

It's a special thermal discombobulating compound that increases the performance of the flux capacitor

Cheers
Phil
think we are suffering from thermal discombobulation here in Ottawa. After 3 hours working in 33 degree heat, got stuck on a frozen fitting changing the tierod ends on the BMW DD. Garage up the street says, "we'll do it for $45.00".

That was a lot of wasted sweat! Think I'll take the 911 for a spin while I wait...
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

No spin for me yet ... still waiting on a wiring harness from Patrick Motorsports that they forgot to include with my original order,that's all i'm missing to attempt a startup !
Latest word was it was shipped last week ...
I got the boat hooked up to the truck and i'm going up North to have a few cold ones and check out the wildlife at the beach

Too hot to work in the garage anyways !!!

Cheers
Phil
Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Chapeau

Good on you to take on such a project. Yeah, the timing's kind of weird, but oh well
Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

hey phil, tu pourrais me souder des mufflers bypass pour ma boxster racecar?

ta une idee ou je peux me procurer les tuyaux?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Seb,

Try Acier Lachine for the material,and yes i can probably weld your mufflers for you as long as they are not stainless as i don't have the proper gas for stainless ...
Going away for a week so call me before tomorrow and we can set something up for when i get back !

Small update on my car ....
Finally got my wiring harness on Friday from the "good" folks at Patrick Motorsports who were kind enough to charge me for shipping for a part they forgot to include in my original order ...
Anyhow,i'm finally ready to attempt a startup when i get back next week,looking forward to bringing a 12 year old sleeping engine back to life !

Cheers
Phil

Quick Reply: Another team RennSpoon project