Notices

Anybody have an engine lift/leveler in Ottawa area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012 | 02:58 PM
pkjense
Racer

Originally Posted by ibeaudoin
Hey Paul,

Here's a cheap solution for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5V9gGzx1w4&
I can't believe that worked. i would probaly magnaflux the case though...
Old 03-02-2012 | 03:06 PM
pkjense
Racer

Originally Posted by Paseb
paul, if you still need one, i will be in ottawa this weekend and can bring you mine so you can use

let me know if theres anything
thanks Seb, got a really good one at princess Auto and an engine stand as well. They had a really good sale (I love princess auto!). engine is out and dismantled, Lindsey Racing is building a short block as we speak

Last edited by pkjense; 07-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2012 | 03:01 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

wth, these are the carillo rods???
Old 03-05-2012 | 07:52 PM
pkjense
Racer

Yes. I am getting the others magnafluxed hopefully they are OK. Cylinder 2 not much hope... All though it would make a good meeting gavel...
Old 03-05-2012 | 07:59 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pkjense
Yes. I am getting the others magnafluxed hopefully they are OK. Cylinder 2 not much hope... All though it would make a good meeting gavel...
jesus, any clue on what happened exactly?

too much boost?

feel sad for you...
Old 03-06-2012 | 10:23 PM
pkjense
Racer

No, boost was at 15-16 PSi.
I think in the end it boils down to too many external modifications without the back up of the matching internal modifications. For example the Carillo rods are very stong, but cross drilling the crank, piston squirters and block windage ports would have been a better investment. earlier problems with the head gasket blowing were solved with ARP studs and a comotec gasket.
originally, the fuel maps were way off as well which i managed to dial in by installing the mafterburner software and disconnecting the stock narrow band o2 sensor which fights the Uego wide band sensor, trying to keep the mix at 14.7 stoic. Although at 3/4+ throttle or rapid depression of the throttle the narrow bad is ignored, in a high performance 951 this is is something that is rarely a reality. Treating the 951 throttle like an on/off switch on the street or even the track is not generally practical (or advisable). I personally feel keeping the narrow band in the equation introduces unwanted lag in fuel delivery.

Add to that some vacuum leaks and electrical issues I discovered and sooner or later something goes BOOM.
So thanks for feeling sad, but the good news is got on the clutch so i didn't spin, and got off line so I didn't drop oil on the track; so there is no one that was behind me that I feel sad for.
The devil, as they say, is in the details.

Quick Reply: Anybody have an engine lift/leveler in Ottawa area?