Positive Experience at Kanata Ford

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Positive Experience at Kanata Ford

Hey Folks,

My everyday ride for the last nineteen years has been a Ford brand station wagon. 1992 Mercury Sable SEL, ten years 294,500 km, got $1,400. when I sold it. 2002 Ford Taurus SEL, nine years, 224,500 km, just got $2,350. for it. Both of these cars were close to bullet proof, especially the 2002.

I recently took delivery of a new Ford Explorer which I purchased from RSR Instructor Jim Hoddinott’s (Speed Merchants) Kanata Ford in Ottawa. I bought this new model Explorer from a spec sheet without seeing one. That’s real scary unless you’re buying the latest new GT3RS in unique Grey/Red colours.

Now everyone knows I’m a man of few words and fewer worries so it had to be a cinch for Jim and his staff to look after me. Right?

Well, I’m an info and detail « character » and I want / need everything that I want / need immediately. It’s not my fault, it’s a trait that all of my clients have, and I’ve simply been taught to be this way. Have mercy.

Kanata Ford and its staff were patient, and a complete delight throughout the process. They also pulled my butt out of a last second boondoggle and I am impressed and very grateful. The Explorer is wonderfully big, can tow a race car and or squish a Corolla. We’ll see which happens first.

Have Fun!

Ken
Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Congratulations on the new truck.
I've been to Kanata Ford and it was an extremely positive experience.
Glad to hear it ALL worked out.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

and their garage facility at Calabogie is a first rate operation...great to have on site support for DE days
Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
pkjense
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have always gone above and beyond. This from a guy who hates waliking into a new car dealership. Jim at Kanata Ford, and Angele and crew from SpeedMerchants, have always gone that extra step to help out. I point people in their direction all the time, which I don't do lightly, as it equates to putting my reputation on the line as well.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by KenW
Hey Folks,

My everyday ride for the last nineteen years has been a Ford brand station wagon. 1992 Mercury Sable SEL, ten years 294,500 km, got $1,400. when I sold it. 2002 Ford Taurus SEL, nine years, 224,500 km, just got $2,350. for it. Both of these cars were close to bullet proof, especially the 2002.

I recently took delivery of a new Ford Explorer which I purchased from RSR Instructor Jim Hoddinott’s (Speed Merchants) Kanata Ford in Ottawa. I bought this new model Explorer from a spec sheet without seeing one. That’s real scary unless you’re buying the latest new GT3RS in unique Grey/Red colours.

Now everyone knows I’m a man of few words and fewer worries so it had to be a cinch for Jim and his staff to look after me. Right?

Well, I’m an info and detail « character » and I want / need everything that I want / need immediately. It’s not my fault, it’s a trait that all of my clients have, and I’ve simply been taught to be this way. Have mercy.

Kanata Ford and its staff were patient, and a complete delight throughout the process. They also pulled my butt out of a last second boondoggle and I am impressed and very grateful. The Explorer is wonderfully big, can tow a race car and or squish a Corolla. We’ll see which happens first.

Have Fun!

Ken
Wow Ken, same here on several points!! ... except it was my first Ford in eons.
I took delivery of a new F150, and the experience at Kanata Ford was great!

A comment I made to Jim later, "You hire very well!"...and meant it VERY sincerely!!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Well having owned a Ford (bought from the Hoddinott's at Campbell Ford), I took the advice of their service manager...not that I needed it. He told me he didn't care if I ever bought a Ford again. Good answer...because I didn't and I haven't looked back.

This after I complained (during the warranty period) that one of the lifters was making noise. I was told not to worry; it was due to the cold weather. The lifter failed (totally collapsed) just after the warranty expired...fixed at my cost.

Thank you!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Well having owned a Ford (bought from the Hoddinott's at Campbell Ford), I took the advice of their service manager...not that I needed it. He told me he didn't care if I ever bought a Ford again. Good answer...because I didn't and I haven't looked back.

This after I complained (during the warranty period) that one of the lifters was making noise. I was told not to worry; it was due to the cold weather. The lifter failed (totally collapsed) just after the warranty expired...fixed at my cost.

Thank you!
Howdy,
Well we all know that these things kinda happen and I could not be more sympathetic to your problem.
I've had similar experiences with, Stock Brokers!
Choose your pill.
Work the averages, keep smiling, have fun!
Ken

Quick Reply: Positive Experience at Kanata Ford