PCGB grand tour-i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Helen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PCGB grand tour-i need help!!

i urgently need help/advise/contacts.

im organising a charity tour starting from PCGB head office at Morton-in-March,Gloucestershire,on Sat 7th August,in a convoy of a car from each register incuding Motorsport. touring through all the PCGB regions including the Channel Islands,Ireland and the isle of Man.and ending at the PCGB National event on sat 28th August at Brandshatch Kent.

Funds raised will go to the spinal injuries assosiation.

ideally i will need a Machanic or two and a medic, sponsorship from a fuel company, stat Nav,Hotel chain, Ferry company and food/clothing.

if anyone can help me in anyway please would they get in contact.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
C2MED
Instructor

I could do the medic bit, depending on what qualifications you need. I just need to join the club again.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Helen
Racer

if your willing to do all three weeks then im sure i can sort you out with membership.
we should be able to get Petrol,and lodgings paid. (hopefully) so it would just be wear and tear on your car(unless you want to be a co driver) and your time.
Qualifications,just good basic ones would do as we arn't travelling anywhere dangerous of away from civilization or taking part in any dangerous sports (apart from Driving thr roads of the UK)
Old 10-21-2003, 09:32 AM
C2MED
Instructor

Is is whole of the weeks or just weekends, I just need to see if I can take time off work etc. you know how busy we can be..:p
Old 10-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Helen
Racer

if it gets off the ground(which is looking doubtfull at the moment)then it will be a full three weeks.
the tour starts in the cotswolds, travels over to Jersey and back,down to Devon,up to bristol and into Wales, over to Ireland back via Isle of man.on up into scotland then down the east side ending in Kent at the PCGB National event which is taking place at Brandshatch August Bank Holiday Week-end.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:28 PM
C2MED
Instructor

It sounds pretty exciting, I would be interested in helping. Must keep us informed, I really hope it goes ahead.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Helen
Racer

unfortunatly it dosn't look like this tour is going to happen as the powers that be in the PCGB don't seem to be willing to give me the blessing/authority/help i need to take this any further.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:08 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Ummmm......?????

Why would anyone belong to a "club" that stifles enthusiasm and support??? I shake my head at threads like these - and am left at asking "why"?

Did I miss something in my Porsche Manual that states you need "blessing/authority" to hold an event?

Across the pond - I am,

John
Old 11-02-2003, 08:22 PM
C2MED
Instructor

Helen, you seem to be the only one in the PCGB board who actually cares. I admire your effort and enthusiasm, I just wish the others could appreciate and utillise your contributions. I'm sure the club will be a much better place with more people like you. Just hope that you can carry on trying to make a difference.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Helen
Racer

2004 seems to have bought a huge change of heart from the officials of the PCGB.
im suddenly getting lots of help with this project and some financal helpas well.

am still looking for help with accomodation and also for a machanic willing to give up three weeks of their time to travel with us.

will have a 356 and a cayenne and trailer to look after and drive.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:34 PM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John D - the 356 in question belongs to PCGB - if this car is to be used then the Club Board would have to agree - OK?

C2MED - lets get this straight - as yet Ms H is NOT a Board member of PCGB - elections for March may change that but as of this moment .....

Easy to get hold of the wrong end of the sticky thing when the facts are limited.

PJC
Old 01-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Helen
Racer

correct i am not a board member of the PCGB i am a regionl organisor for the east midlands.

however i was going to apply to be a director but was told i wouldn't be welcome as i am too disruptive so my husband applied and got in so he will be a director from March 2004.

the 356 known as the Robin Hood car after it's last owner belongs to the PCGB. i was asked to come up with ideas to use the car (as its not ment to be a museum piece) raise funds, also raise the public profile of the club.

I really do need help with how to get the max publicity, and how to get sponcership deals.. CLIC is the chosen charity for 2004.

if you have any questions then please contact regions@porscheclubgb.com

Last edited by Helen; 01-20-2004 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:51 AM
911sse
Intermediate

Well, from what I have (only!) read on a couple of Forums, Helen is very passionate about Porsche's and it seems to me as a distant member, that this is the type of new blood that the board probably needs!!

New people, fresh ideas, coupled with passion can be challenging in the most positive manner!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Helen
Racer

yes but not always welcome, i think the PCGB directors consider me a thorn in their side.
Larry has been told that when he becomes director that i will not be allowed to post on the PCGB forum.
get the feeling im being threatened....not sure what i can do about it ........any ideas???

im thinking i might start a small (unofficial)vote for me as director campagin

Quick Reply: PCGB grand tour-i need help!!