Notices

Best Indie for IMS Service in Orlando area

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 PM
zero9
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Indie for IMS Service in Orlando area

Looking to get the LN Engineering IMS installed on a 996 in Orlando. I searched for some tips on best indies in my area but didn't really see much on the topic.

Anyone have any advice on the best shop in this area? Porsche says they won't do IMS replacement. I've talked with Nort Northman Collection (Porsche pointed me to them) and their quote seems to be ok (1,660) but I don't see any online reviews etc. Also spoke with the only Florida LN certified installer, Foreign Affairs. Their price was over 1,000 more (2,900). Wondering if the certified label warrants an extra 1k. From talking with them I didn't see too much of a difference in what I was getting part/service wise. Anyone have any experience with either of these indies or know of "the place" to go?

Thanks in advance for any insights/experiences you can share! Highly appreciated!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 PM
bxfe
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure the fellow who does these at Norts works on the BGB Continental Series Caymans. Have known Nort for 40 years.........he has a great rep around here.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:01 PM
crgracer92
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd go see Eric Baker at Flat Six Gallery not too far from you. He was the engine builder for Brumos Porsche for 20+ years. PM me and I'll send you his number or just go to http://flat6parts.com/ for details and contact information.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Can't speak for Orlando, but a certified Indie in North Palm Beach is Orbit Racing. A few hours down the interstate. They only do Porsche, and I had my previous C2 done by them, and it worked out great. The prices were fair.
Roger the owner is a great guy.

http://www.orbitracing.com/
Old 04-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I concur with the above opinion. Very good shop.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:19 PM
zero9
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone! Sorry I checked out here. My daughter was born and things have been crazy around here. You guys gave me a lot of great options. Calling around for prices now! Thanks again! Appreciate the knowledge!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:55 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

In the Orlando area, German Excellence is a local mechanic shop. Zotz Racing and Troysport deal with mostly race/track cars, but can also do the work.
Titan motorsports are also another shop if you are on the southern part of Orlando.

Quick Reply: Best Indie for IMS Service in Orlando area