Notices

Inlign Automotive in Longwood, FL - Alignment Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:02 AM
npatel
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Inlign Automotive in Longwood, FL - Alignment Reviews?

Hey all,

A friend took his 996 to Rev Works in Winter Springs for an alignment, and said it was the best dollar-for-dollar improvement in driving experience he's found so far (due to experienced former rally techs doing the work)

However, they no longer do alignments, and instead work with Inlign Automotive nearby in Longwood. Anyone gotten an alignment there or heard anything about it?

I'm heading on an East Coast road trip soon, and wanted to see if a really dialed-in alignment would make a difference. Or maybe I should just take it to the usual place - just curious to see if the difference is marginal or transformative.

Last edited by npatel; 09-14-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:29 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by npatel
Hey all,

A friend took his 996 to Rev Works in Winter Springs for an alignment, and said it was the best dollar-for-dollar improvement in driving experience he's found so far (due to experienced former rally techs doing the work)

However, they no longer do alignments, and instead work with Inlign Automotive nearby in Longwood. Anyone gotten an alignment there or heard anything about it?

I'm heading on an East Coast road trip soon, and wanted to see if a really dialed-in alignment would make a difference. Or maybe I should just take it to the usual place - just curious to see if the difference is marginal or transformative.
I struggle to want to answer this question but i will. I have worked in the central Florida area in the mechanic business for a 23 years. I won't go to far into details but i will say this. The person who owns this company does not have the best reputation. This person has gone from Chain company to Chain company. I know a few people who have worked at Inlign and i have been told not much has changed.
My suggestion would be to check out a company called Drivers Choice if this is for a Porsche specifically. They are only a mile or two away from Inlign. The people who own Drivers Choice are PCA members who are heavily involved in racing and all things Porsche. They work on nothing but Porsche's and are heavy into racing. You can do a search on this forum and also find plenty of people on here that hold them in high regards.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:04 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbren1979
I struggle to want to answer this question but i will. I have worked in the central Florida area in the mechanic business for a 23 years. I won't go to far into details but i will say this. The person who owns this company does not have the best reputation. This person has gone from Chain company to Chain company. I know a few people who have worked at Inlign and i have been told not much has changed.
My suggestion would be to check out a company called Drivers Choice if this is for a Porsche specifically. They are only a mile or two away from Inlign. The people who own Drivers Choice are PCA members who are heavily involved in racing and all things Porsche. They work on nothing but Porsche's and are heavy into racing. You can do a search on this forum and also find plenty of people on here that hold them in high regards.
Drivers choice is the only shop that touches my car now unless its for warranty work.
Talk to simon or mike. Its like 200 for an alignment.
Simon takes pride on working on porsches.
Look them up on facebook.
The following users liked this post:
mweather (04-30-2020)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:28 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Simon at Drivers Choice.

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 10-24-2019, 11:56 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Another vote for Driver's Choice based on my PCA neighbor who swears by them. I live further north and use Pulse Racing Services in Jax.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:46 PM
911CSC
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 188 Posts

Anyone else a little south of Driver's Choice

I need to install springs and an alignment

I'm located in St. Cloud 34772
Old 05-14-2020, 09:58 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

There is also BGB Motorsports in Ormond Beach, who do a lot of Porsche work.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:06 PM
911CSC
Pro

That would be my choice but they're 2hrs away from me

I guess I'll have to make the trip

Old 05-15-2020, 10:11 AM
RKGT3
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I am very meticulous in who works on my RS and DC has my full trust. You can see from above everyone recommends them. I have yet to hear one bad thing about Simon or Mike in the way they operate the shop. I just had them install my exhaust basically everyone that I know who owns a Porsche goes only to them.

https://instagram.com/drivers_choice...=10jjh38tfm27q
Old 05-15-2020, 11:31 AM
911CSC
Pro

Originally Posted by RKGT3
I am very meticulous in who works on my RS and DC has my full trust. You can see from above everyone recommends them. I have yet to hear one bad thing about Simon or Mike in the way they operate the shop. I just had them install my exhaust basically everyone that I know who owns a Porsche goes only to them.

https://instagram.com/drivers_choice...=10jjh38tfm27q
Thank you for your input and not everyone is happy with DC. I've heard it from a few and a few from the PCA members too. And yes I've been there too. I just don't want to come here and bash anyone, I only asked who else was around the area. I never stated anything negative in my post, please look up and read what I posted

I'll be taking the extra long trip to BGB in Ormond Beach very soon.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 911CSC
Thank you for your input and not everyone is happy with DC. I've heard it from a few and a few from the PCA members too. And yes I've been there too. I just don't want to come here and bash anyone, I only asked who else was around the area. I never stated anything negative in my post, please look up and read what I posted

I'll be taking the extra long trip to BGB in Ormond Beach very soon.
Thank you for all of the recommendations above. And I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the exhaust install on your 718. I only wish you would have reached out in order for us to correct any issues you may have had at the time, as anyone who knows Mike and I know that we take our approach to personalized customer service very seriously. We are nothing without our clients and our reputation in the local Porsche community.

If we can be of any help at all, or if you wish to discuss your issues as a way for us to learn from any possible mistakes, then please feel free to reach out to me personally. Otherwise, we wish you all the best with your new build, and know that John and his guys at BGB will take great care of you.

Simon
Driver's Choice Motors
driverschoicecalendar@gmail.com
(321) 972 8939

Last edited by Ptech1; 05-18-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Inlign Automotive in Longwood, FL - Alignment Reviews?