Notices

links don't work

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default links don't work

Could someone help me to get my hyperlinks to work? The site administrator has dropped the ball. I put rennlist in my white list of trusted sites and set popups OK, but still can't jump when clicking on links. I'm missing a lot of good stuff.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi,

Actually - I didn't "drop the ball". I sent you an e-mail from my admin account to your "adelphia" account about 2 weeks ago? In short - here is a copy & pasted reply:

OK - I've been through the IE 7.0 settings - and even when I reset them to their factory defaults (with high security!) - I can't block hyper-links? Soooo - I'm not sure it's your browser, but rather a firewall setting? Can you do me a favor? Go to the forums - and at the top of the page you will see " membership | rennlist | gallery ". If you try to "click" on one of those links - will they work (they are in the rennlist.com domain)? If they *do*, then I'm more convinced it's not an IE7 setting - so I would like to understand what else could be blocking them?

Let me know!

John
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Hi John. I'm sorry but I never received that message.
I can not link to that section that says membership,etc. However I can link to the top line that contains Home,subscibe/register,upload photo, classified,etc.
It's a strange problem and I appreciate you jumping back in. If you think of anything else, I'm up for it. Basically anything printed in grey in the forum won't work for me.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
John D.
Banned

Not a problem at all! OK - that's interesting! You *can* link to links IN this SLD - and NOT outside!! (Don't ask what that means - I'll 'splain another time )

OK - first - open your browser... Across the top - I want you to type:

https://rennlist.com/forums/ - and then press the "ENTER" key on your keyboard - like this:

Next - you will add it to your favorites.. You can do it like this. After the Forums page opens in a *whole window* - I want you to press the "+*" on your browser - like this. When you do that - it will ask you if you want to add it to your "Favorites". Select OK. Here is that "+*" button:

Finally - when you want to go to the Forums - I want you to use the link you just created! You can do that by pressing the "STAR" button in your browser, which will open your "Favorites". In that list - you will see "Rennlist Discussion Forums" - place your mouse over that, and click!! Here is that "STAr" button:

Let me know if by using this format - the hyperlinks work for you, OK??

John
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

John, it must have been the address. I think I had the 993 forum as my favorite and that must have knocked my links out. When I put in the address you gave me this last time, now my links work! Hallelujah!!! Thanks for your patience. Computers can be incredibly confounding and its usually something simple but unknown at the time that solves the problem.
Now two other minor things if you are the person who takes care of these.My internet provider has been bought out by Comcast and my e-mail address is going to change shortly. Where do I report that when it is finalized?
Second, I want to change my user name from L.stroup to landjet. Sounds pretty cool I think. My member is 070328-5587. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 PM
John D.
Banned

OUTSTANDING!!!

!!!!!

OK - when your e-mail changes - you can post your new one here and I'll change your account over - or just e-mail me from your new e-mail address. My admin e-mail is "admin@rennlist.com" (just let me know it's you - I get a LOT of e-mail!!

Also - I just checked.. "landjet" is already taken by another Rennlist Member...?? But - how about "Land Jet" (with a space between "Land" and "Jet".). If I do that - you'll have to remember that your new login will be "Land Jet" rather than "l.stroup" (I'll also update all your posts at the same time )

Best to you - and welcome back!!!

John
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

land jet works for me. Hope the other guy doesn't take offense. I don't remember seeing this name before. Is he a regular? Thanks again for all your help and I'll get back to you when the e-mail change is complete.

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2007, 11:09 AM
John D.
Banned

OK - you are all set!! When you read this - you should now be "Land Jet" Just remember - if you need to login - your new login name is Land Jet <--which is CaPs SenSiTiVe - so a CAP "L" and "J"..

Let me know about your e-mail when you are set!!

John

Quick Reply: links don't work