Notices

switch from google login to email

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 12:02 PM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 275 Posts
Default switch from google login to email

i signed up using google login, but it signs me out all the time. if I am idle for more than a few minutes (half hour?), i get signed out. if I change to email / pwd login, will the login remain persistent longer? can I do that -- i tried on the

Setting and Options >> Email and Password page, but since I use a google login, i cannot change the password for rennlist here, nor can I add it.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:39 PM
IB JT
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you receive assistance with this? If not, a Google login can be easily converted to a regular account by simply adding a password. We can do this for you.

With the way the Google login works, it's basically a session pass (temporary pass). You're correct that on Rennlist sessions are 30 minutes. After inactivity of 30 minutes or more, the Google session expires.

If you convert to a regular account, you can stay logged in with the same computer for nearly 1 year as long as:
1) You don't use the Log Out link
2) You don't clear the browser's cookies either manually or automatically or using 3rd party clean-up software
3) Your browser's Rennlist cookies don't become corrupt
4) The sessions on Rennlist's end aren't cleared by tech - this happens from time to time due to maintenance concerns.

Originally Posted by TheTorch
i signed up using google login, but it signs me out all the time. if I am idle for more than a few minutes (half hour?), i get signed out. if I change to email / pwd login, will the login remain persistent longer? can I do that -- i tried on the

Setting and Options >> Email and Password page, but since I use a google login, i cannot change the password for rennlist here, nor can I add it.
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (10-17-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 AM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

Received 398 Likes on 275 Posts

no response other than this one. thanks. how do I convert it? I tried adding a password but it won't let me. Please convert it. it's driving me crazy every half hour :^O

Quick Reply: switch from google login to email