Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rennlist App

Will the Rennlist App be updated to 64 bit to work on IOS 11
Old 09-14-2017, 10:53 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 393 Posts

Let’s hope so. Last time I asked the question, someone suggested I try Safari, which is what i’m doing now.

Whoops, now I have check on my 14.4kb modem.

IB, please update the iOS app, so iPhone users can enjoy Rennlist.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 715 Likes on 496 Posts

The original Rennlist app has been deprecated for a couple of years now, I'm not sure how you gents missed the notifications that were delivered through it. Please download this app if you wish to access Rennlist via an app, though my personal preference is to use mobile safari and the mobile theme instead.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/gara...964719306?mt=8

cheers,
robb
Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 393 Posts

I didn't miss that notification. I just believe the Garage Talk app sucks. It's amongst the worst I have encountered, so it's a real shame if RL is going that way and not supporting its own app, which is far superior but is beginning a not-so-slow death now with iOS 11, when it won't work at all.

Safari on mobile, really? That's your recommendation? There are a host of reasons why that's sub optimal, too.

If this is the case, my predication is that this is the beginning of the end for RL.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 715 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
my predication is that this is the beginning of the end for RL.
This couldn't be further from the truth. I'll be very honest here. The mobile apps are created and managed by a team which is separate to the one which manages our community environments. Both from a technical and from a liaison perspective, they are wholly separate. Our company has many verticals, many websites and one mobile team. As a result it has proven to be very difficult for our requests to be integrated into the applications in anything remotely timely. Because of this, we have invested time and money into the mobile theme, which is something which our team have full and direct control over. Now we are able to update it, and resolve issues reported to us independent of another in-office team. We believe we can be more responsive and provide a better user experience for you all, with this approach.

If you have some constructive feedback as to how we can improve the mobile style, then by all means please let us know.

There will be future updates to the GarageTalk app, but I do not have a window into those timeframes. The Rennlist branded up will unfortunately not be updated to 64bit support.

cheers,
robb
Old 09-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks for sharing your insights, Robb.

Your efforts and passion for supporting our community is recognized and appreciated by those who recognize the value you bring.

Quick Reply: Rennlist App