Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

I just sent $1k to the Red Cross
Old 01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

I just got a timely email from the PCA region that we used to be very active in ( I was a Board member for years ). They still keep us in the loop even though we are miles and miles away....

ANYWAY.......
They are looking for one more charity for this year. I put in a HUGE WORD for RENNWISH. I hope it works.

BTW The Region is the Grand Prix Region in So. Cal. If Any of you belong to that region, PLEASE put in a good word for us.

You can all do the same. Please ask if your Region can help sponsor RENNWISH, after all Rennwish = Race Wish
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK John, thanks for the report, and JoAnne, thanks for the "back-up" reports.

I will add a few more auctions here shortly, as I'm currently unpacking at my "temporary quarters" and finding all sorts of neat things to list.

Meanwhile, here's a gem I listed about the same time I listed the TRG shirt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180459727961

My aim is not necessarily to get Rennlist members to bid, but rather to get the WHOLE WORLD to contribute in a round about way? ...they get something in return while contributing towards the latest Rennwish campaign.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi folks,

Really quickly as I'm trying to get a few things completed before I leave. The arrangements are to arrive in the DR - and then take a couple of options - I may have a flight into Cayes from a wonderful Pastor, if we can link up. The other option is drive to Cayes. If it's the latter, then I won't get there until late tomorrow night is my guess.. As well...

I spoke to Adrien earlier today. Les Cayes has had a few flights and some relief - but, the hospitals are still in dire need for basics and it is still has a very long way to go. While I'll be taking down a huge bag of supplies - my guess is that it will be like a "raindrop" hitting the ocean.... But - know for that - with you - if we can help only a few hundred with temporary supplies - it will be well worth it...

Food is still a critical item - and we have expanded our support there to include Pastor Andre's orphanage and facilities - Andre is another I can "call my brother", as his orphanage has been his life-long passion and dream. We are honored to be called to assist him with his dream - which is simply, as is our combined passion - is to do whatever we can to make a difference.

As well, in the villages, hospitals and other orphanages - refugees and "newly created" orphans from the disaster are still streaming in... While I'm there, we'll be discussing some options with Pastor Vilnor perhaps using the two stories of the school for temporary shelter/refuge for some of these children -until we can develop a better long-term plan.

So - in closing - simply - thank you - again. Not from me really - but rather - thank you from the hundreds and thousands who we hope to assist in some small way.

You have given them a voice - and more importantly - you have given them a little sliver of hope.

I'm personally honored to be your ambassador and your "face" to so many children, women and men in this program. So, my personal thanks for that privilege...

John

(In private - feel free to copy this into the other threads - as I don't think I'll have time for a while... Thank you!)
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
OK John, thanks for the report, and JoAnne, thanks for the "back-up" reports.

I will add a few more auctions here shortly, as I'm currently unpacking at my "temporary quarters" and finding all sorts of neat things to list.

Meanwhile, here's a gem I listed about the same time I listed the TRG shirt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180459727961

My aim is not necessarily to get Rennlist members to bid, but rather to get the WHOLE WORLD to contribute in a round about way? ...they get something in return while contributing towards the latest Rennwish campaign.
No Jeff...... it is more like THANK YOU.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Why, when you could have donated to rennwish and know what your money is actually doing?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
Why, when you could have donated to rennwish and know what your money is actually doing?
I was not aware of the rennwish push, but it should all be going to the same cause
Old 01-26-2010, 12:23 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default UPDATE from John D -

Hi Guys -

John has put me in charge of getting the Updates to you as soon as I get them from him. He is not exactly sure how he is going to be able to update me at this time, but he will somehow, either by phone or text or email. He's going to try them all.

John left for Haiti early this morning at about 3:00am. He will be gone at least a week where he will not only be assessing the needs of the people in Les Cayes, but also helping with whatever he can.

Jenn had some GREAT news this morning and just sent me an email. She said that there is a Porsche Club of America (PCA) region that has a $5000.00 donation request on the table for their Board of Directors to approve. This is so wonderful. I hope this gets those of us who belong to PCA or other car clubs to ask and see if they would sponsor Rennwish too. I formally asked my old region yesterday. So far I haven't heard anything, but it's only been one day......

That's it for now.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Jenn had some GREAT news this morning and just sent me an email. She said that there is a Porsche Club of America (PCA) region that has a $5000.00 donation request on the table for their Board of Directors to approve. This is so wonderful. I hope this gets those of us who belong to PCA or other car clubs to ask and see if they would sponsor Rennwish too. I formally asked my old region yesterday. So far I haven't heard anything, but it's only been one day......

That's it for now.
It is the North Country Region that's kicking in the $5k. I would encourage other PCA members to ask their board to support Rennwish. If a small region in New Hampshire can come up with $5k I can only imagine what some of the larger regions should be capable of.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes I know it is that region, but I didn't want to say anything until I was told the board approved it. I was told it was on the table. Has it been approved? Not that I have any doubts that it will be approved, still just wanted to make sure first.

I certainly hope there are some other Rennlisters here that are willing to go to their own regions and see if they could help out RENNWISH. After all it was started by a Porsche Enthusiast and has been funded so far mostly by Porsche Entusiasts..... It would make sense to me.

PS to you Brian: You have to be very PROUD of your little very generous region Tell them THANK YOU from all of us.

Originally Posted by Brian A.
It is the North Country Region that's kicking in the $5k. I would encourage other PCA members to ask their board to support Rennwish. If a small region in New Hampshire can come up with $5k I can only imagine what some of the larger regions should be capable of.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Alexx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paypal sent!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

wished Ive seen this earlier.... good going guys!

Paypal sent!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Very generous Eugene!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

TONIGHTS UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Jenn.

John is now in Santo Domingo and headed to Les Cayes

More good news...... The North Country Region (NCR) of the Porsche Club of America's Board of Directors has approved the $5000.00 contribution to PROJECT RENNWISH!!! THANK YOU to all the great folks from the NCR region --------> More on this later

Now get to work on your own PCA regions and see if we can get some more of them to help.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike B
Very generous Eugene!
Indeed.