Notices

Buy a Bandage - Haiti....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Contribution sent. Going to do a few more with Canadian agencies too.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Hey everyone -

The Project Rennwish Page on Facebook has pictures added now. If you are members of Facebook, just look up Project Rennwish to see some of the work that was done before the Earthquake (click on Photo's). And while you are at it, PLEASE become a Fan. It would be great to keep on passing the Rennwish word beyond Rennwish and the Porsche world.

Thank you.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
What is the status of things in Las Cayes, since the last quake?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Project Rennwish Page on Facebook has pictures added now. If you are members of Facebook, just look up Project Rennwish to see some of the work that was done before the Earthquake (click on Photo's). And while you are at it, PLEASE become a Fan. It would be great to keep on passing the Rennwish word beyond Rennwish and the Porsche world.
For the life of me I cannot locate "Project Rennwish" on Facebook, any tips? I found the Rennlist group and joined, but no Rennwish??
Old 01-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
For the life of me I cannot locate "Project Rennwish" on Facebook, any tips? I found the Rennlist group and joined, but no Rennwish??
Jeff, I joined the group this morning. I just typed "project rennwish" (no quotes) in the search field and it came right up. Hope this helps.

In other news I just stopped in at the Danbury News-Times to see if the paper would be interested in running a story about Rennwish's efforts, and am waiting to hear back from the reporter I spoke to whether the editor will let the story run. Hopefully this will help get the word out to a slightly wider audience!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just log into facebook. Then search for Rennwish. It pops up and after you click on it you can become a fan.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah...sorry for the hassle, I was going into "groups" then searching, wouldn't pull it up, just logged onto my front page and used the search function, upper right hand corner - all good now, thanks for the help.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We are not a group. We are a page

Here you go:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...3802620?ref=ts

You guys and gals are the BEST you know that??? Hugs to you all.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK, here is an idea I had, literally thought of it about 15min. ago.

I am in the process of building a house and am living in "temporary quarters", between a friend's house and my girlie's condo - I am all moved in but have WAY TOO MUCH stuff...I have decided to list Porsche related "boutique" items (T-shirts, die-cast cars, etc.) and have made mention in ONE auction, so far with regards to my plan to donate more to the cause.

PLEASE do not view this as "bolstering" sales, etc. - I have donated and want to help out more but am on limited funds at the moment as there are checks literally flying out the door towards my new build - I understand that many people in Haiti don't have homes/resources at the moment and this is just something I've come up with to donate more towards the effort.

Please visit the link, the first auction item will be a TRG T-shirt that I bought at a PCA race years ago - it's NEW and thought it should go to a better home.

John, if you or anyone thinks this is in bad taste, etc. - please let me be the first one to know, I did it on a whim, shootin' from the cuff and will duplicate the same mention in several other auctions over the next few days, if I have "peer approval".

ALSO, if there is a better "canned" message I can post, I'm open to suggestions, I borrowed a snippet from the Rennwish.org site and freelanced a short description of our online community below that. Again, this was all done "off the cuff" and I'm open to suggestions for improvement - anything to get the good word regarding our efforts, out there.

Maybe other Rennlist members can join in with the same idea and we can get a bunch of Porsche related items out there to boost the donations for the latest Rennwish campaign??

ALSO, if we agree this will work, is a good idea, etc. - maybe we can start a thread on this subject alone, at the least...to encompass various ideas to boost contributions. That way this particular thread isn't "hi-jacked", per say.

Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180459731657

Deyamn, I forget how to "disguise" my link as a hyperlinked word, there's one thing you all can help me out with!

Thanks for everyone who finds the time/resources to help out.
Jeff.... John is a little tied up. I am sure he'll get back to you when he can. BTW: I think it's a GREAT idea!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is an Update from John this morning:

................ Yesterday was more of the same.. I thought I might be going out - and when that didn't clear, spent a few hours trying to get onto an ANG flight into PaP today - but I don't think that will work out either. There is still a huge back-up of flights.. I think something like 1500+ scheduled where PaP can only handle a couple of hundred... I sure wish to heck they'd open up the smaller airports that are functional for smaller International flights...

As well - spent a lot of time yesterday filing paperwork for those corporations who want to match employee donations, and paperwork for some State/Local Emergency grants that we've been nominated for... I'm not sure of what that means in the short and long term - but, after the current crisis begins to subside a bit, I know Rennwish will be stretched to it's limits in not only our current co-operative programs, but those we undertake in the near future - so any and all funding sources *must* be explored...

Then worked on.. Aww - never mind....

As well - Adrien and I had a chance to speak briefly and things are stable in Cayes right now -and a trickle of fuel and emergency relief aid is coming in - I'm not sure of the details. Refugees are still coming into Cayes in great numbers - as well as those seeking medical attention and orphaned children.

And oh yea - I also went to my paying job today for a while...

Some banks and other businesses starting to open back up....
That would be a HUGE benefit..!!! I need a way to get larger amounts of *YOUR* money into Cayes immediately.. We've raised, for example - the $10,000 Marc at Espwa needs for medical supplies - and I've been waiting for Marc to let me know he wants it to get down to him... If I'm able to snag a flight - it would be easy - but for now, we are just dribbling in what we can for immediate smaller purchases of supplies - and are fortunate that we've been able to do that...

Anyway - sorry for the rambles...

John
Old 01-23-2010, 03:43 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Donation sent. Thanks for doing what you do John. I know the money will be put to good use.

Kevin Bobbitt and family
Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Kevin and all...

My sincerest thanks - and please know your support and donation is wonderfully appreciated, as is everyone's.. As the next week unfolds, I expect that there will be many new updates for those who have supported the children and people in Haiti. While we've been successful in getting small amounts of money going for medical supplies, food and basic needs - I know those small amounts have helped many ways and many times over..

This next week - the challenges will increase, as many refugees and "newly orphaned" children from PaP will show up on the doorstep of Cayes - so our work (as in "Rennwish" and the folks who have graciously given) is just beginning....

We'll get it done - and with folks like all of you - just know we can and will...

My thanks for that...

John
Old 01-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Tonger
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Paypal and prayers sent.

Tonger
Old 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Tonger...!

My thanks for both.. More than you may know, but I suspect you do know... As well....

I am sorry for this x-post and if you have read it in another thread...

I just wanted to post a quick, new thread and say "Thank You" to many - many of you here for your support, encouragement and advice as we just try to "get it done" in Haiti.

To that end, I was working on the preliminary financial info last evening and this AM in preparation for departing for Haiti. So - below is a copy and paste out of my spreadsheet.. Before I post them below....

I also want to say thank you.. To all of you... I know we can keep the momentum going - so we will with all of your help... As well, while a few have privately asked that I stay in the USA, rather then travel to Haiti - unfortunately - we need to make some difficult decisions regarding tens of hundreds new orphans and seriously injured children in the next week who, as I write this - are streaming into Les Cayes - the base of all our projects.

I can't make those decisions while in the US - they have to be made "on-site" at the orphanages, schools and projects - with the people. But - while I'm in Haiti, please don't be surprised if we make some commitments to do some things in an accelerated fashion, which I'll ask one of the Rennwish volunteers (Hi JoAnne!! ) to post on the Rennwish Facebook page <--- link.

For any new programs and projects - I know - together - we'll excel at anything we set our minds and hearts to....

The Road to $75,000 stands at:

Total PayPal Receipts - $27,973.36
Total Check Deposits: - $8,055.00
Total Cash Deposits: - $20.00

Actual Receipts - 1/12/10-1/23/10 - $36,048.36

Total Checks Committed - En Route: - $11,150.00

Total Actual and Committed Funds - $47,198.36

1-11-2010 through 1-23-2010 Donations
Total Donations - Via Paypal - 285
Total Donations - Via Checks - 19
Total Donations - Via Cash - 1

Total Number of Donations - 305

My Best to all!

John
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Alos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contribution sent about a week ago. Thank you for helping all of us do this! My sister just landed with the 82nd Airborn yesterday and from what she is saying people can use all the support they can get. Cheers