Notices

Hello, Internet Brands? This is a little much...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
964speed
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
after 5 years on Rennlist this is the first pissing match I have ever remember seeing on the 964 side that wasnt about engine pan on / engine pan off.
It is very dumb I agree, but I guess there are more Members that would like to have this conversation continue since clearly they are responding to my posts. Not sure why we just can't move back to MM discussion - I gather the stupid posting back and forth are more interesting to some!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

For some perspective,......

I've been here since it was called PorscheFans, then PorscheList, and finally Rennlist even when Roy@MM was a daily participant and have never been reticent about posting my experiences (I've seen the innards of several of their motors) and opinions about MM.

Hopefully, that struck a chord with the readers and enabled someone to make an informed decision. That is after all, one of major benefits of such a medium. There have been several RL sponsors over the past 10 years that really pushed the envelope and thankfully, people "voted" with their feet and simply didn't patronize them.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

after 5 years on Rennlist this is the first pissing match I have ever remember seeing on the 964 side that wasnt about engine pan on / engine pan off.
What about oil viscosity?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would also like to address the negativity between members and users. I think that sometimes it's hard to judge a person's intentions just by a couple of sentences that you see across the screen. Things are easily misunderstood in such conversations and I hope that everyone can agree on that.

Originally Posted by sgoldberg
I concur with Ilko -
That has been our point all along - you read a couple of lines, concluded (wrongly) that it was an attack on you, and then jumped all over Jupe!

Jim - if you have your engine pan ON - I'm putting you on my "Ignore List"!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by LouZ
I would also like to address the negativity between members and users. I think that sometimes it's hard to judge a person's intentions just by a couple of sentences that you see across the screen. Things are easily misunderstood in such conversations and I hope that everyone can agree on that.

That has been our point all along - you read a couple of lines, concluded (wrongly) that it was an attack on you, and then jumped all over Jupe!

Jim - if you have your engine pan ON - I'm putting you on my "Ignore List"!
LOU - Buddy - I fully agreed with Ilko on his post - maybe you need to go back and RE-READ my original posts-
Old 09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
964speed
Pro

Default LOUZ

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Ah, right, a non-paying Rennlist member would see it that way. Those of us who pay/have paid for memberships see it a bit differently...
Lou - How did I interpret Jupe's comments wrong? Because he spent 17.95 for a yearly membership he has a better perspective on what is right and wrong on this forum, does that make any sense Lou?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
What about oil viscosity?
I am old. I can only remember so much. I knew there was something else but ya know uh uh what was I talking about?

LouZ I am calling IB to ban you for suggesting I would have such a waste of plastic still attached to my car

sgoldberg maybe you should give it up or take it to OT. really
Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

MEOW!!!
Catfight
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
964speed
Pro

I am old. I can only remember so much. I knew there was something else but ya know uh uh what was I talking about?

LouZ I am calling IB to ban you for suggesting I would have such a waste of plastic still attached to my car

sgoldberg maybe you should give it up or take it to OT. really
Thanks for the advice - But I can make my own judgment calls, but seriously thank you for your input! I am not familiar with your terms OT – REALLY

I enjoy conflict it doesn't bother me... sorry if it offends others ...LOL
Old 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I buy someone's engine pan? I need it to test oil viscosity.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lou - How did I interpret Jupe's comments wrong? Because he spent 17.95 for a yearly membership he has a better perspective on what is right and wrong on this forum, does that make any sense Lou?
Bottom line, there's no cause to call anyone a jerk for posting an opinion different than yours. Why not debate his opinion with logic and reason instead of lowering yourself to childish name calling?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Can I buy someone's engine pan? I need it to test oil viscosity.
Who needs to discus viscosity when we can discus density.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One would expect that if you pay for membership you wouldn't be bombarded with ads to boot. What's the point of paying for membership if you have to see the same ads as a non-payer? Thus my point that a non-paying user would view the ads differently than a paying member.

It is not a matter of paying $18 a year to be right or wrong, it is the perspective one gains by making the financial commitment to the community.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem with taking someone's advertising bucks and not buying their product.

I had a Rennlist experience with "What RPM should you shift at?"
I had an opinion. I posted it. It was not shared by some others, including a couple 'gurus'. I'm an engineer and thought I knew a thing or two, but some peoples' opinions seem to count more than others.

I still have phantom pain in my arm when I upshift.

Undertray: still on.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
964speed
Pro

Originally Posted by cobalt
Who needs to discus viscosity when we can discus density.
whatever!