Having trouble figuring out how to update to member status

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Membership
I checked our logs and I am unable to locate a subscription or payment. Do you have anything you can send me, a receipt or something indicating that you did subscribe?

Thanks,
Renee
Under what billing organization name would this show up on my Credit Card?
No offense, but other people are having the exact same issue and I think it's funny that you are unable to locate subscription information on any of us. What are the odds of all of our subscriptions failing to renew at the exact same time?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying to PM you a photo of the message telling me that my PM box is full, but I cannot post a photo...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonydec
Me too. I'm a lifetime member, and was on this morning with full access. I just logged back in, and OT, firearms, etc. sections are now gone, my status still shows as lifetime member.

Edit: And I see 10 minutes later it's now user. What is going on? Who do I direct an inquiry to, IB or John?
I sent John an email before I realized that it was a wider problem. Something tells me that it will be fixed in a while.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 669 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by NYDolfan
Under what billing organization name would this show up on my Credit Card?
No offense, but other people are having the exact same issue and I think it's funny that you are unable to locate subscription information on any of us. What are the odds of all of our subscriptions failing to renew at the exact same time?
It appears those who used authorize.net, never had their subcriptions 'transmitted' back to the forum, so they are not on current subscriptions. I believe it should be from 'Rennlist Billing'

Your issue is separate, in that we can't find a transaction using your email address, in our account transaction logs from authorize and paypal.

If you can search your email, please email the results to autoadvertiser@internetbrands.com and we will adjust accordingly.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
I'm trying to PM you a photo of the message telling me that my PM box is full, but I cannot post a photo...
That doesn't tell them much. When this problem started with me I got the same message but had access to the PM from IB/RL stating I had renewed, that's what they need along with the date.

You'll also notice you don't have a "signature" in your posts anymore, same affect as the PM box full notice.
drfous
Rennlist Member

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I too am having this issue and sent my receipt to Renee.

Thx, Dave
Fabio421
Man of many SIGs
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

What the hell is going on? To ask us to prove that we are paid members is rediculous. Fix my account please.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

??? I've been booted? This is nonsense!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM
NYDolfan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabio421
What the hell is going on? To ask us to prove that we are paid members is rediculous. Fix my account please.
Agreed. They can't even tell me what name it would be billed under so I can look in my AmEx logs.
Renee: Here's my info: RLM#: 030307-2863
Please email me when it is fixed. Thanks - Pete
Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by 993BillW
That doesn't tell them much. When this problem started with me I got the same message but had access to the PM from IB/RL stating I had renewed, that's what they need along with the date.

You'll also notice you don't have a "signature" in your posts anymore, same affect as the PM box full notice.
I don't have a lot to tell them. I am looking for a renewal receipt, because I think I'm current but maybe I'm not. I initially joined in September of 2006, so expiring in December doesn't make any sense.

You are correct that I no longer have a signature. I also get a message that my PM box is 100% full, which is waaay off. When I logged on this morning, my status was "addict", paid member. I noticed that I could not even see the OT forum, so I checked a few other spots, checked my status again, and then I became a User. There's something very wrong with RL, because I have to go into my recent history just to access this thread.

Last edited by mklaskin; 12-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by IB Membership
Hi Steve,

I checked your account and do see your payment, I apologize! Not sure why the subscription was shown on your account, but I did update it for a two- year membership.

Regards,
Renee
Thanks for sorting this so quickly Renee. Great to see I'm a member again. My payment went via authorize.net which now seems to have been a key to many of us having the membership renewal problem.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a whole lot of Lifetime Members who are having this same issue, as I almost did as well. What's going on with those folks?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Tony - I fixed your account. Back to being a lifer. Sorry for the glitch.

Regards,
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Bill Coleman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My account still shows me as a Lifer, but I can't access O/T.

Worse yet, I've been getting update notices for threads I can't access, and can't unsubscribe from!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

The problem is isolated to those people who used "authorize.net" to pay. Seems to be a disconnect there. It's being fixed now. If anyone who has this problem simply sends a copy of the confirmation email (post payment) to any mod your account will be fixed post haste!

Best,

Quick Reply: Having trouble figuring out how to update to member status