Notices

iOS: I know we talked about web vs native mobile app before, but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 11:07 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default iOS: I know we talked about web vs native mobile app before, but...

Hear me out... the web view is simply nowhere near as convenient as a native iOS app. It's still glitchy, scrolling issues, etc. But more importantly, handling a native iOS app on an iPad is just a million times more elegant and user friendly. I am active on a number of other forums, BMW and other car stuff...they all have an iOS solution. And it brings me back into the conversation much more frequently.
Given Rennlist is the #1 Porsche forum, i.e. high visibility.... kindly suggesting that the site hosts reconsider plugging into a native mobile app engine....
Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 AM
stevenvillatoro
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gregv8
Hear me out... the web view is simply nowhere near as convenient as a native iOS app. It's still glitchy, scrolling issues, etc. But more importantly, handling a native iOS app on an iPad is just a million times more elegant and user friendly. I am active on a number of other forums, BMW and other car stuff...they all have an iOS solution. And it brings me back into the conversation much more frequently.
Given Rennlist is the #1 Porsche forum, i.e. high visibility.... kindly suggesting that the site hosts reconsider plugging into a native mobile app engine....
Strongly agree. Such an amazing car brand, such a great forum, BUT the Flintstone browser format is agonizingly cumbersome, to put it kindly. As you stated, participation is a function of a simple and user-friendly interface. Here it’s like pulling teeth, sorry to say.

I can’t imagine a valid reason not to take the great leap forward. (Bimmerpost is an excellent example.)

Let’s get this done!

Quick Reply: iOS: I know we talked about web vs native mobile app before, but...