Notices

GTA Porsche dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:56 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 331 Posts

I'm in the Porsche/car/parts game, but when it comes to the needing a factory P-car dealer in Ontario, it's London...
Can PM me why if necessary
Old 06-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Sounds like a real horror story. But I would expect you to pay more at pco than braiden. Those who work with dealers really should expect to pay ridiculous money. Especially porsche. They don't call them stealers for nothing. End of the day they are all the same.
I hear you Iceman. Going to take it to Mantis from now on for mtce. PCO quoted $3,000 for the tires while Braiden quoted $2,100. That is a huge differential.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:50 PM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The simple truth is that dealerships can't compete on price when it comes to tires. I've had nothing but great service at PCO, but they are simply not competitive on tires. The last time that I bought tires, I paid $1200 when PCO quoted me >$2,000.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nowakm99
The simple truth is that dealerships can't compete on price when it comes to tires. I've had nothing but great service at PCO, but they are simply not competitive on tires. The last time that I bought tires, I paid $1200 when PCO quoted me >$2,000.
I echo these sentiments. I know that when I go to the dealership I am not going to get a deal, but the reason I take it there is for the great service. Having someone that is familiar with the car is a huge plus. You can go anywhere for an oil change, but not everyone is familiar enough with our cars to search and inspect for other common issues specific to our cars as preventative measures. I also appreciate that they they have us pull into the show room when the parking lot is full or it is raining and they dont want us getting wet. I also appreciate the fact that they have never had to pay out of pocket for a ride back home when dropping off the vehicle or going to the shop to pick one up whether it is a loaner, shuttle, or taxi.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:43 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Valid points...but you did pay for the extra service, ride, taxi etc. Probably much more than if you did go elsewhere and pay directly for the ride. That being said, I normally pay the extra too. However, I expect stellar service to do so and I have not been receiving that from PCO.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 287 Likes on 198 Posts

Porsche tax.....what did you expect?
I seriously think it irks them when anyone ask about details on an invoice.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have no choice but to go to dealer. Carbon ceramic brakes need special tool to remove the wheel. On the invoice it even says the special tool was used.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Another update...after speaking with the After sales manager, Tom Berger - who by the way, took time from his vacation to call me which I truly appreciate, but I would have totally understood if he waited until he returned - they have tried very hard to make up for the issues that I have had. I'd like to commend Tom for his efforts and I honestly wouldn't even be thinking of returning to PCO if it wasn't for him. PCO is aware of this thread and I am glad that they are taking my comments seriously rather than just passing them off. That said, I am concerned that the relationship there is too damaged for me to feel comfortable taking my Macan there. I was going to go ahead and spend the $10k to get the car brought up to CPO specs and warrantied, but I think I need to sleep on that for a few days and weigh my options regarding trading the Macan in on another brand. Just to be clear, I think that PCO has done a good job trying to correct this most recent situation and I appreciate that!
Old 07-06-2017, 01:55 PM
jmh981
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got two new rears installed at Porsche London for just $100 more than the cheapest quoted price I could find elsewhere. Worth it, IMO.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,024 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by jmh981
Just got two new rears installed at Porsche London for just $100 more than the cheapest quoted price I could find elsewhere. Worth it, IMO.
you'd be very popular in prison !!!!

What ! am I the only one with a sense of humor around here ?

I already got warned with my " who let the dogs out" pic
Old 07-06-2017, 03:46 PM
jmh981
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
you'd be very popular in prison !!!!
I am already.....
Old 07-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Maybe I need to move to London!
Old 07-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

After getting some preliminary numbers from Acura and sleeping on it, I have decided to trade the Macan in on a new MDX. I can honestly say that the Macan has been my favourite daily driver to-date and I have had many of them! It is beautiful with the 21 inch wheels and I only had 2 minor issues with the vehicle outside of the recalls which is really quite good for a brand new model.

While I appreciate Tom's efforts to correct the most recent problems with Porsche Centre Oakville, I am just not comfortable doing business there any longer. The reality is that the failure of their business manager to properly explain my options for an extended warranty and maintenance plan cost me thousands of dollars. Offering to discount my service work was a nice gesture, but they really should have given me the warranty and mtce plan at their original prices given the situation. All of the other issues were an inconvenience, but did not cost me any money. I have to also say that I found their request for me to praise them on the forum should they do the work to my satisfaction quite tacky. I think they should focus on preventing problems like I experienced and then they wouldn't have to worry about unhappy customers sharing with others in the p-car community.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:38 AM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

doesn't the Acura MDX has problem with their tranny ? People said to stay away from this.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

We bought a 2010 mdx new and have had zero issues with it. In fact, we planning to keep it for another 2 years and take it to 200k km.

Quick Reply: GTA Porsche dealers