GTA Porsche dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Porto911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default GTA Porsche dealers

Hello guys,

In search of my first 911 and keeping all options open from Edmonton, Taking a nice hoilday with family to Europe very soon and on our way back we're spending 5 days (July 20-25) in Toronto before heading Back to Edmonton.

Would like to hit a few Porsche dealerships while I'm there and look at the used market besides private deals.

Can you guys recommend some Porsches and exotic cars (respectful, good experience) dealerships in Toronto and area I can Hit...

Thanks
Porto
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

Pfaff (way up North of Toronto) .. you are going to do lots of drooling there. Brand new facility just opened within the last couple of months

If you want to see the Ferrari and McLaren, then head to Auto Park Circle, Woodbridge, On. Weston Rd / Hwy 407 (where Pfaff used to be located)
Old 06-21-2017, 09:49 PM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Porsche Oakville is outstanding in terms of customer service. Pfaff is also great.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Porto911
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I look forward to take a look at both of those location! on the way back from hoildays.,

Thanks guys
Old 06-23-2017, 10:43 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both dealerships are great. You will enjoy both. Enjoy Europe as well!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:12 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

World Fine Cars
Old 06-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 451 Posts

I can no longer recommend Porsche Center Oakville after unauthorized work was performed on my Macan and I was charged for work that wasn't performed. I had a rude service advisor and advice about warranty costs that was both incorrect and incomplete - quoted in writing $3675 for a Macan warranty that retails for $3,495 and not told that it would cost an additional $700 for an inspection if the warranty was purchased a year after original delivery...despite the fact that everything is still under warranty! This will be my last Daily Driver Porsche as I will not do business with a dealer that I don't trust.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 PM
linusto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I can no longer recommend Porsche Center Oakville after unauthorized work was performed on my Macan and I was charged for work that wasn't performed. I had a rude service advisor and advice about warranty costs that was both incorrect and incomplete - quoted in writing $3675 for a Macan warranty that retails for $3,495 and not told that it would cost an additional $700 for an inspection if the warranty was purchased a year after original delivery...despite the fact that everything is still under warranty! This will be my last Daily Driver Porsche as I will not do business with a dealer that I don't trust.
That's terrible. I've heard great things about Porsche Centre Oakville but only anecdotally. Would you be comfortable with sharing what went wrong? I have not used PCO yet for service as I just got my Macan but was going to given my proximity to the dealership. I may consider staying away given your experience.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 365 Posts

unfortunately every dealer and indy shop has at least one terrible experience/story. Mind you the new one owned by Porsche Germany that hasn't opened probably may not have a story yet.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

sorry...duplicate.

Last edited by Onami; 06-27-2017 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by linusto
That's terrible. I've heard great things about Porsche Centre Oakville but only anecdotally. Would you be comfortable with sharing what went wrong? I have not used PCO yet for service as I just got my Macan but was going to given my proximity to the dealership. I may consider staying away given your experience.
Sure…
Bought my 2015 Macan S from PCO and asked for quotes on a service plan through the warranty period (since I came from a Cadillac which had free mtce through the warranty period), an extended warranty and clear bra. The business manager gave me a spreadsheet of good, better, best options but only one choice for the service plan and warranty. Lots of options of everything else that I didn’t want. I bought the service plan. I was quoted $3,675 for the extended warranty which I thought was high. She said that I could buy the warranty any time before the standard warranty expired for the same price so I could “think about it”. I did that.

A year later I went in for my first service and the rep asked how I would be paying. I told him that I had a mtce plan so there shouldn’t be any charges. He checks and says that I don’t have a plan. I had to go and get my paperwork to prove that I had paid for it and then they realized that they had “forgotten” to register my plan. They did the service…

Winter was coming so I called for a price on a winter wheel set. The rep gave me a price of $3650 and I asked if I could use my PCA discount. He said he would have to ask the parts manager and he would call me back. 3 days later, no call. I call again and get a different rep, he too didn’t know and would call me back. 2 days later and no call. I call Pfaff and they give me that same price and say that it is already a package deal so no PCA discount. Fair enough…I order them and drive from Oakville to Woodbridge to pick them up.

About 2 years after buying the Macan we decided to go ahead and get the extended warranty. I ask the same business manager for a quote to confirm that it hadn’t gone up and low and behold, it was now $3,495…apparently, she made a mistake the first time. “OK, I’d like to get one please”. But no, I need to have the car CPO inspected at a cost of $700! Of course, she never mentioned that to me when I bought the Macan. She did offer to give me a discount on the inspection, but I would need to do my brakes and tires since they were below the CPO spec to warranty…despite being perfectly good for the road. Of course, I told her I would wait until they needed to be done.

Last month I go in and order $800 worth of parts for my 993. One part is the front license plate assembly as my car didn’t come with one. I tell the parts guy that I need everything including the fasteners. A few days later the parts arrive. I check them and there are no fasteners. The parts guys says that he will go get them from the back. He comes back with a baggie of assorted fasteners and says, “some of these should work”. I explain that this is going on a plastic bumper and I am not going to take a chance and ruin it trying to find the fasteners that fit. I told him that the fastener part numbers were on the drawing, but he says there was no fasteners on the drawing. I asked him to pull up the drawing…he apologizes and orders the fastener no charge.

Last week I go in for my 60k service – that is all that I authorized. The rep books the work and says it should be about $2,500. I tell him that I have a maintenance plan. He checks and says that it ended at 45k. Turns out, I was only offered the first level plan and there are actually 3 plans – 45k, 60k and 80K. So, I paid $3,500 for mtce up to and including 60K which I could have had for $2,500 up front! In fact, for $3,300 I could have had the full 80k covered. Now I am pissed. I go home and look at my paperwork and sure enough, I was never offered the other plans. I call the service rep and tell him that and his response is “I wasn’t there when you bought the car, so I can’t comment on that”. The after sales service manager gets involved after I have words with the service rep and he offers to look into things and take care of me when I get there to pick the car up. When I get there, he tells me that he has good news as they didn’t have to do the brake flush that they original quoted as it isn’t due until the end of the year, so it would be $2,500 including tax rather than before tax. But, I need brakes and tires all the way around for a total of $5,251 plus tax! We talk about all of the issues that I have had and he promises to get back to me with better pricing on Monday for the brakes, tires and warranty…but I will need an alignment also to meet the CPO specs…

I never heard back from him today, so I took a closer look at the charges from Friday to call around for more quotes. That’s when I noticed that they charged me $56 for brake fluid that they never changed and $116 for an air filter that isn’t part of the 60k mtce schedule. I text him to ask him about the unnecessary charges and he says that the brake fluid was a mistake that he will reverse and that they change the air filter sooner than Porsche recommends because of the climate in Canada! I tell him to reverse the charges for both. I have not heard anything back, but plan on calling PCNA if I don’t hear something that I am happy with tomorrow.

I will never go back to PCO after this…it is just not worth the aggravation. Honestly, we get much better service from Acura and GM, so I will likely go back to one of them for my next daily. Don’t get me wrong...I love my Macan. I just don’t care to support a dealer that I no longer trust. Anyone want a nice Black/Black Macan S with 60K 😊
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Holy crap batman

I've had my 2001 BOXSTER S for 8 yrs and maybe 60,000km of driving for a fraction of the maintenance and repair cost.

Mostly expensive thing was rear tires due to a bad alignment.

Brake flush, plug tubes, regrease Bendix on starter, motor mount, cv boots, lower front rear control arms ​​​​(or is that rear front?-anyway the ones in front of the back tires), AOS, MAF, new battery, HVAC SCREEN, couple lightbulbs. Oil changes, 1 alignment.

Seriously, less than $2000 in 8 yrs of ownership, not including tires. Maybe $2500 in tires since purchase. I had to get the 1st set to pass Ontario safety when I brought it home from Chicago.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:55 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure…
Bought my 2015 Macan S from PCO and asked for quotes on a service plan through the warranty period (since I came from a Cadillac which had free mtce through the warranty period), an extended warranty and clear bra. The business manager gave me a spreadsheet of good, better, best options but only one choice for the service plan and warranty. Lots of options of everything else that I didn’t want. I bought the service plan. I was quoted $3,675 for the extended warranty which I thought was high. She said that I could buy the warranty any time before the standard warranty expired for the same price so I could “think about it”. I did that.

A year later I went in for my first service and the rep asked how I would be paying. I told him that I had a mtce plan so there shouldn’t be any charges. He checks and says that I don’t have a plan. I had to go and get my paperwork to prove that I had paid for it and then they realized that they had “forgotten” to register my plan. They did the service…

Winter was coming so I called for a price on a winter wheel set. The rep gave me a price of $3650 and I asked if I could use my PCA discount. He said he would have to ask the parts manager and he would call me back. 3 days later, no call. I call again and get a different rep, he too didn’t know and would call me back. 2 days later and no call. I call Pfaff and they give me that same price and say that it is already a package deal so no PCA discount. Fair enough…I order them and drive from Oakville to Woodbridge to pick them up.

About 2 years after buying the Macan we decided to go ahead and get the extended warranty. I ask the same business manager for a quote to confirm that it hadn’t gone up and low and behold, it was now $3,495…apparently, she made a mistake the first time. “OK, I’d like to get one please”. But no, I need to have the car CPO inspected at a cost of $700! Of course, she never mentioned that to me when I bought the Macan. She did offer to give me a discount on the inspection, but I would need to do my brakes and tires since they were below the CPO spec to warranty…despite being perfectly good for the road. Of course, I told her I would wait until they needed to be done.

Last month I go in and order $800 worth of parts for my 993. One part is the front license plate assembly as my car didn’t come with one. I tell the parts guy that I need everything including the fasteners. A few days later the parts arrive. I check them and there are no fasteners. The parts guys says that he will go get them from the back. He comes back with a baggie of assorted fasteners and says, “some of these should work”. I explain that this is going on a plastic bumper and I am not going to take a chance and ruin it trying to find the fasteners that fit. I told him that the fastener part numbers were on the drawing, but he says there was no fasteners on the drawing. I asked him to pull up the drawing…he apologizes and orders the fastener no charge.

Last week I go in for my 60k service – that is all that I authorized. The rep books the work and says it should be about $2,500. I tell him that I have a maintenance plan. He checks and says that it ended at 45k. Turns out, I was only offered the first level plan and there are actually 3 plans – 45k, 60k and 80K. So, I paid $3,500 for mtce up to and including 60K which I could have had for $2,500 up front! In fact, for $3,300 I could have had the full 80k covered. Now I am pissed. I go home and look at my paperwork and sure enough, I was never offered the other plans. I call the service rep and tell him that and his response is “I wasn’t there when you bought the car, so I can’t comment on that”. The after sales service manager gets involved after I have words with the service rep and he offers to look into things and take care of me when I get there to pick the car up. When I get there, he tells me that he has good news as they didn’t have to do the brake flush that they original quoted as it isn’t due until the end of the year, so it would be $2,500 including tax rather than before tax. But, I need brakes and tires all the way around for a total of $5,251 plus tax! We talk about all of the issues that I have had and he promises to get back to me with better pricing on Monday for the brakes, tires and warranty…but I will need an alignment also to meet the CPO specs…

I never heard back from him today, so I took a closer look at the charges from Friday to call around for more quotes. That’s when I noticed that they charged me $56 for brake fluid that they never changed and $116 for an air filter that isn’t part of the 60k mtce schedule. I text him to ask him about the unnecessary charges and he says that the brake fluid was a mistake that he will reverse and that they change the air filter sooner than Porsche recommends because of the climate in Canada! I tell him to reverse the charges for both. I have not heard anything back, but plan on calling PCNA if I don’t hear something that I am happy with tomorrow.

I will never go back to PCO after this…it is just not worth the aggravation. Honestly, we get much better service from Acura and GM, so I will likely go back to one of them for my next daily. Don’t get me wrong...I love my Macan. I just don’t care to support a dealer that I no longer trust. Anyone want a nice Black/Black Macan S with 60K 😊
If you are looking for a decent service experience, Downtown Porsche (Robert Carroll) has been fantastic. When my fiancee has dropped off my car on numerous occasions and the parking lot is full because they are about to close, or it is raining, they let her drive into the show room because she is part of the "Porsche Family", even though we did not buy our car through them. They always offer a ride, if it is the end of the day they will get us a cab at no charge, for bigger services they offer loaner vehicles etc.

They are also very thorough in the work performed, Robert is always very good at communicating the work being done and reasoning for it, he would explain what the problem was, why it would have to be fixed, potential consequences of not fixing it etc. He has always follow up any additions to the scope of work with an email confirming new work.

I have had three bad experiences with Pfaff, and even though I never had a bad experience with Oakville I never felt comfortable there. With Robert and Downtown Porsche, when he said we are part of the "family" they have always worked hard to ensure that we feel like we are part of the family. I will continue to use them as long as they continue offering this level of service
Old 06-28-2017, 12:10 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Thanks...but too inconvenient for me given the traffic. PCO reversed the two charges and offered 15% off of the brake and tire work. However, Braiden tire is still $500 cheaper on top off the discount!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:18 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

Thanks...but too inconvenient for me given the traffic. PCO reversed the two charges and offered 15% off of the brake and tire work. However, Braiden tire is still $500 cheaper on top off the discount!
Sounds like a real horror story. But I would expect you to pay more at pco than braiden. Those who work with dealers really should expect to pay ridiculous money. Especially porsche. They don't call them stealers for nothing. End of the day they are all the same.

Quick Reply: GTA Porsche dealers