Notices

First two editions of 000 magazine..sensational

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default First two editions of 000 magazine..sensational

Pete Stout who was editor of Panorama and previously commercial magazines is much missed by me from Panorama.
His new venture is a quarterly "magazine" , incredibly high quality, 240 pages or so with only a modest amount of advertising . Production quality is superlative and the articles are long and in depth coverage of specific important Porsches and Porsche history....... It is subscription only...

I habe received the prototype ad first edition of the quarterly..and of you want so read some really in depth and interesting stuff about Porsches of all ages then I would recommend it. Clearly They have deep access to Porsche and have excellent writers. Not cheap, but truly excellent:

First Two covers:

Old 05-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Hyper911
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Great print contents & look, but pricey. Tempting though to read the 918/987 Spyder article.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyper911
Great print contents & look, but pricey. Tempting though to read the 918/987 Spyder article.
^ I hear ya, as I too had to get my head around the price point for a "magazine" while doing the business model for 000. One advisor encouraged me to look it another way: What's a single 911—or 944—tire cost? Or two tickets to a concert? Or a nice dinner out? Or a trip to Rennsport Reunion, if you've got the time to take the trip? How many hours of enjoyment will I get from each of these, and do I get to keep anything? FWIW, we haven't had a single subscriber come back with a complaint about value, but many have sent a note to say 000 seems like a bargain.

Originally Posted by Ronan
Pete Stout who was editor of Panorama and previously commercial magazines is much missed by me from Panorama.
His new venture is a quarterly "magazine" , incredibly high quality, 240 pages or so with only a modest amount of advertising . Production quality is superlative and the articles are long and in depth coverage of specific important Porsches and Porsche history....... It is subscription only...

I habe received the prototype ad first edition of the quarterly..and of you want so read some really in depth and interesting stuff about Porsches of all ages then I would recommend it. Clearly They have deep access to Porsche and have excellent writers. Not cheap, but truly excellent:
Many thanks for the shout out, Ronan! Biggest thing right now is getting the word out, so your post is much appreciated.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:07 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Worth it! Epic!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I do sadly think that Panorama has gone down since Pete left. I still get Total 911 magazine more for the odd bit of info on new models, and the rest of the information I get is from the web or a few personal contacts.

OOO is definitely a library addition and I could not imagine throwing one out. I have a fair sized Porsche library but this publication is chock full of things I did not know. As it happens I had written an article on the Typ 64 when Pete was at Panorama, and had access to the car for a full day in Hamburg. Believe me, the article in 000 is hugely better than anything I could possibly have managed.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:50 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Subscribed. I have been meaning too but the thread moved me to action...thanks Ronan.
I am looking forward to receiving my first issue.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

^ Many thanks!

If you'd like, send Rebekah a note via the Contact Us link. Issue 001 is sold out, but we still have copies of Issue 000 available.

Quick Reply: First two editions of 000 magazine..sensational