Dealer didn't delivered the right Wheels after the sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:56 PM
Teddybehr
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer didn't delivered the right Wheels after the sale

Hi all,
I am new here. Glad to have found what seems to be a great community of Porsche owner and enthusiasts!

I need your advise.
Bought a Jet Black Cayenne S 2011 (with air susp. and PASM) from an official dealer in Montreal (I am in Quebec City). I can't travel far for health reason. My brother who has a 911 Targa 4S 2014 and some of his radiologist friends who have Porsche cars too told me not to worry I can buy from internet eyes closed (some of them even did). What can go wrong with Porsche right? The answer is suppose to be: nothing.

I spotted a Cayenne S 2011, in Mtl and I checked the description on 3 websites that advertised the same car (same VIN and lot number) including the official dealer site, Porsche canada site and all 3 (and more) were the same. Great so far.

I didn't take any chances and I asked a private car broker that our Engineering association provide us with to check the car, provide some support and supervised the transaction. The car was 3 000 km more than the ads and they try to surcharge the bill for 2 000$ more than agreed but overall So far so good.

I bought the car (cash) in May. It was suppose to take 3 days for delivery it took 1 month.
I was told that the summer floor mats, cargo cover and summer wheels will be delivered within a week.

Well, I am still waiting for the first 2, 4 month after buying the car, despite calling customer commitment department at Porsche North America (PNA).

In June I received the summer wheels, they were delivered to Porsche Quebec after Porsche Montreal told me that they are sorry for the delay but they sent them to Toronto (they told Porsche Quebec and PNA that is was Vancouver) by mistake.

The ones that were delivered are not those that it was specified in all ads at all AND the car file!!!!
The original wheels was an option installed at the factory in Germany.
Option CN5 - 21 inch Sport Edition wheels painted in car color with arch extension.

The car (supposedly) passed an thorough inspection and is Certified Pre-Own (and 2 years warranty).

Basic plain 19 inches Turbo wheels with summer tires were sent instead.
They told me and they told Porsche North America (PNA) that the previous owner got them (the 21 inch SE) stolen. PNA bought the argument.

Yeah, OK, but that is not my problem not mentioning that the guy was for sure insured since insurance are mandatory in Quebec (not the theft part but who will be stupid enough not to have the car insured for theft).

So what can go wrong with Porsche? well many things it seems.

Even a Hyundai dealer and Hyundai Canada customer support are better than that.

My question: Is the CPO inspection was suppose to cover the wheels that were a factory installed as an option (CN5)?

I know that I can sue the Montreal dealer (who as a superlative in his business name). I know that I can ask the Quebec Consumer Protection Agency to step in (and the dealer will pay an hefty fine). But I don't want the name "Porsche" to be tarnish if I can avoid it.
Any suggestion will be very welcomed.

Thanks in advanced for trying to help.

Regards

Last edited by Teddybehr; 08-27-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:06 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts

My advice. Who cares about Porsche name. Do what you have to do to get satisfaction. If Porsche wants to protect their name they will do the right thing.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:22 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
My advice. Who cares about Porsche name. Do what you have to do to get satisfaction. If Porsche wants to protect their name they will do the right thing.

+1. Why would you give a damn about the Porsche name? Fire off all barrels.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:50 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like you used prestige. Those guys are pretty slimy. The only time I dealt with them they tried to pull a bait and switch. You shouldn't have to put up with any of this. Name them and put them through the ringer!
Old 08-27-2016, 07:45 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 213 Posts

I think they have been screwing with you and figure you'd cave.
Deal is a deal. Insist on what is yours.
Did you pay in full?
Old 08-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Teddybehr
7th Gear

Originally Posted by shizzle
Sounds like you used prestige. Those guys are pretty slimy. The only time I dealt with them they tried to pull a bait and switch. You shouldn't have to put up with any of this. Name them and put them through the ringer!

Yeah, it's them. I took the bate. I feel pretty stupid actually. Should have done my homework better but we are talking about a Porsche dealer after all.

But it seems that there is bad ones. I mean this kind of stuff was happening in the 70s, 80s and 90s I mean.
Check that out,
I did not make this up:

In a Superior Court ruling dated no later that last February, I found that about them (Gazaille c. Porsche Prestige, 2016 QCCS 1300).

The guy bought a 990k$ Porsche 918 Spyder. He left a 250k$ deposit. The guy heard his car was arrived. So he went to PP.
PP told him that the car doesn't belong to him and there was no sale actually. From now on, the 918 Spyder belongs to the owner of PP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, you heard it right,
even if it was clear that it was his car with same options, color, packages, etc., he ordered!

PP attorney said in court that the sale wasn't on the official paper form (not true) so the sales is therefore void, and many other crappy reasons but anyway it belongs to PP owner now.!

The juge ruled in the guy's favor and put a restraining order on the car. He also basically told that PP were crooks from top to bottom!
They put clauses in contracts that are not according to the law, therefor false clauses and tried many other dirty tricks.
I swear I am not making this up! (too bad the ruling is not in English)

Why Porsche North America did not do something, it's beyond belief.

Last edited by Teddybehr; 08-28-2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: grammar errors, formatting
Old 08-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Teddybehr
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I think they have been screwing with you and figure you'd cave.
Deal is a deal. Insist on what is yours.
Did you pay in full?

Yeah stupid me.
The thing is that there is a 5000$ (retail) difference between the wheels that I have now and the wheels that are supposed to be on the car. Cost, it is probably about 2000$ difference. So for 2000$ they are putting their reputation and Porsche's reputation on the line. Talk about a strange calculation.

Last edited by Teddybehr; 08-28-2016 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Teddybehr
7th Gear

Originally Posted by theiceman
Thanks, will do.
My attorney (I did business with him once) is a former Justice Minister of Quebec. Spoke with him a bit yesterday, he said not to worry. It is a very simple case, no court presence required, since the law is clear and there is many similar cases. He reminded me, since he loves to be on TV each time he can (which lawyer doesn't), that I have a childhood friend who is a TV news anchor and that is a story that her network may like. I don't think I will go that far though.

There is actually more to the story but it's too long. I can make a short horror story with it actually.

Small example: The car was supposed to be CPO with 2 year warranty. Well, when Porsche Quebec installed the summer (wrong) wheels, I told them that the car was under CPO warranty. They told me, no it isn't. I say what?
They said you may have the paperwork but the status should also be on the official Porsche computer system database but it isn't. Call PNA, told them that fact, PP was suppose to correct it. Nothing was done.
I went back to Porsche Quebec for a faulty coil and Service call the general manager of Porsche Quebec, he came and told me "send me all your paper I will fix it". And he did. He didn't seem surprised at all.
I didn't buy the car there and they clean the interior of it and wash it each time they do something on it. I mean this is the complete opposite of PP.

If there is a next time, I will do like 2 of my brother's friends and buy from Ontario (or Porsche Quebec). They told me everything was way more that they expected, they were very professional when they did buy by internet from them.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Teddybehr; 08-28-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: grammar error
Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

This is a great forum and contains everything you probably need to know about Porsche cars.
A few people buy cars unseen, also there are many folks here willing to do some leg work to help make that happen, out of state, country etc.

To me buying a car with your hard earned without actually seeing it is kinda riskey anyway.

Last edited by Mumbles; 08-28-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:10 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go after them full bore.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:49 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Go after them full bore.
ditto