Notices

New top gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 11:36 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Is it on torrent? Where can one view it?
Old 05-30-2016, 11:46 AM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

torrent, watched it last night. Meh

Apparently Chris Harris is on the show after it called "Extra Gear", Going to have to watch that. So I take it Chris Harris will never be on Top Gear?
Old 05-30-2016, 01:05 PM
breakfast
Pro

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Is it on torrent? Where can one view it?
If only there was a link posted in the post right before yours.
Damn
Old 05-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 138 Posts

Matt LeBlanc was great! But wow wtf Chris Evans.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:15 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

I only know Chris Evans as they guy that was married to Rose on Doctor who ... but I digress...
Old 05-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Watched the first half on lunch just now, Matt Leblanc is pretty good! Chris Evans is too loud, skittish and jumpy in the studio, but I enjoyed him in the segments - the first two (Top Gun and Blackpool road trip) were great, IMO. It's exactly the same show, with the same humour, just with hosts that don't have the history, charisma and chemistry. But if you watch early TG, there was no chemistry or charisma between Hammond, Clarkson and May - that came with time. Hopefully it will for these guys too.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:22 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by breakfast
If only there was a link posted in the post right before yours.
Damn
ha! I thought that link was to a news article on the first show! Thanks
Old 05-30-2016, 05:12 PM
breakfast
Pro

np
Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was shocked at how enjoyable it was.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:32 PM
Marvinta
Pro

It was OK, they have some kinks to work out but I think they will. I think the only that that annoyed by was the offroad segements on the celebrity track. Just didn't like them.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:24 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I disagree. I LOVE that they have an off-road segment to the track now! I used to skip most of the star-in-the-reasonably-priced-car because half the time I didn't know who it was, and I don't really care to watch some guy or girl I know nothing about drive poorly around a track. The rally bits make it way more interesting. And, if memory serves, a few years ago Clarkson Hammond and May did some rally-crossing and declared it to be the most fun, pure form of racing there is.

I think Matt Leblanc is really good on this show. I can see him taking the lead. He's got charisma, knowledge, and can read a script FAR better than Chris Evans, because he's an actor. As soon as Evans calms down a bit, I think this new show will have real potential. It's certainly worth an hour of my time.

Still can't wait to see what the old trio come up with on amazon, though
Old 05-31-2016, 11:41 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually thought Chris Evans did a good job. He's got a bit of energy that guy, which I think is good for the show. He did a good job with the star in the car segment IMO.

I'm looking forward to the Grand Tour as well. Now there will be 2 decent shows to watch. For some reason, I never really enjoyed Fifth Gear that much. I would watch the odd segment if the car appealed to me, but I think this new Top Gear is better.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:39 AM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't mind Chris Evans either. Skittish is a great word to describe him, but at least he was energetic and excitable.

Sabine's cameo was also pretty good especially the part where she 'dissed' the Corvette's suspension.
I was a bit surprised that Chris Harris wasn't in the first episode but I assume he'll show up later in the season.

All-in-all I think the BBC spent a LOT of time trying to find the right balance between continuing the old show and introducing new changes. I think they found a good balance so far. The original show will be a hard act to follow especially since Top Gear was already sliding downhill, but I am a lot more optimistic after seeing the first episode.

Looking forward to Sunday.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Crester
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Here's a YouTube link to the show... it's not THAT bad...

Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn't Sabine going to be a regular host? Ratings driver in more than one way she is!
How long is the run time in the UK? I'v always wondered what the US misses out on.
Part of my joy for the old crew was I disliked Clarkson and would revel at his missteps or pranks on him. I guess LeBlanc will take his place. I think LeBlanc is to England what Jerry Lewis was to France or Hassellhoff to Germany, an export we don't really miss

Will there always be 2 guests interviewed and that run the track? I like the rally-X track for amateurs, it should make for some nice rolls and sundry breakage. Will have yuge time differences though.

But more of the danged British perverting our English language by calling a Viper a muscle car, ugh!

Quick Reply: New top gear