Notices

Original set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:54 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by StanThePorscheFan
Greg, that is what surprised me. Is it possible that the factory fine tunes the car based on the type of wheels (and tires?) that I order?
Porsche certify certain tires. This is the N rating
You put a tire on the has softer side walls and it rolls over in hard cornering it will cause the electronics to kick in. I don't think this was what you issue was though because MPSS are good tires.

The wheel offsets and tire sizes will alter the rolling circumference, it must be kept within a certain percentage otherwise the computer will see the wheel as rotating too fast (slipping) and send power to the front wheels to compensate for it or too slow and not send power to it. If you change the front and rear sizes and don't keep it within the factory spec it will really cause issues with a advanced AWD model like your C4S. I don't believe you'd see any issue if it were RWD.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Porsche certify certain tires. This is the N rating
You put a tire on the has softer side walls and it rolls over in hard cornering it will cause the electronics to kick in. I don't think this was what you issue was though because MPSS are good tires.

The wheel offsets and tire sizes will alter the rolling circumference, it must be kept within a certain percentage otherwise the computer will see the wheel as rotating too fast (slipping) and send power to the front wheels to compensate for it or too slow and not send power to it. If you change the front and rear sizes and don't keep it within the factory spec it will really cause issues with a advanced AWD model like your C4S. I don't believe you'd see any issue if it were RWD.
That makes sense. Tnx

Quick Reply: Original set up