Notices

Why was Noble (1965356) Banned?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 06:58 PM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Last edited by fanny bay r1; 03-20-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:59 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I was away and off net when Noble was banned. All forums are moderated. If you take the time to read the rules (Posting Guidelines Forum) the non public forums (invisible to google etc.) have more tolerant rules regarding language etc. That's not the case for the technical forums. OT and P&C are private - Members only forums.

As NobleGt3 Jason was permanently banned. He came back as 1965356 - which itself is a banning offence. As admin I tolerated him since his behaviour had changed for the better, although he was still acerbic.

Two things to keep in mind: Only mods and admins see the reported post notices. Apparently there were plenty;

It takes 3 mods to agree to ban someone. That's to avoid the chances of any individual getting so annoyed that he or she uses the ban hammer. Checking the record, three mods weighed in on the decision. I was off net at the time since my ipad was stolen from my hotel while on holiday in Mexico.

Regards,
Old 03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I was away and off net when Noble was banned. All forums are moderated. If you take the time to read the rules (Posting Guidelines Forum) the non public forums (invisible to google etc.) have more tolerant rules regarding language etc. That's not the case for the technical forums. OT and P&C are private - Members only forums.

As NobleGt3 Jason was permanently banned. He came back as 1965356 - which itself is a banning offence. As admin I tolerated him since his behaviour had changed for the better, although he was still acerbic.

Two things to keep in mind: Only mods and admins see the reported post notices. Apparently there were plenty;

It takes 3 mods to agree to ban someone. That's to avoid the chances of any individual getting so annoyed that he or she uses the ban hammer. Checking the record, three mods weighed in on the decision. I was off net at the time since my ipad was stolen from my hotel while on holiday in Mexico.

Regards,
At least tell us which woman complained about his behaviour, so we can pull out the pitch forks and torches !!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:44 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Regards,

I like you bob but this is BS... Clearly I wasn't banned permanently before or how could I log in and post as NobleGT3 now? I left Rennlist before on my own due to the same type of losers who have no joy in their life but love to try and ban people by complaining behind the scenes.
. I took the 1965356 name because I couldn't remember the password for noblegt3 before until you helped me reset it...While you are a good guy and so are many others on here , there are also a pack of useless people who love to be cliquey weasels and they will always be boring weaklings . I have no interest in pandering to boring weaklings.
Thank you everyone for your support on and off this thread.
To keep in touch follow me on Instagram at sonnythebull1.. Or message Stantheporschefan ,mr.fishtank .pags993,or others who know me offline.
Everyone is welcome to come on my drives ( even you weasels) anytime.
So long suckers..
Old 03-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Speaking for myself, I have never complained to a mod, and have no idea who they are.

I do like the" ignore" feature that enables each of us to opt out of conversations that we are not going to engage.

However, I have no doubt that any commercial site such as this one will react to whatever complaints
emerge.

I think it is corrosive to set up the Porsche enthusiasts here into camps...we would be better not to have a an aggressive relationship with one another, and get together on those things that we all like..i.e Porsches.

I have certainly have been guilty of posting the odd political thread and decided some time ago to refrain from doing it again.It has nothing to do with our shared hobby. I think that we should have O/T things of Canadian or automotive interest, but whatever the mod decisions here are made, its all fine by me.

Better to meet with my Porsche buddies and enjoy our common interest that our uncommon internet....
Old 03-20-2016, 09:42 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Speaking for myself, I have never complained to a mod, and have no idea who they are.

I do like the" ignore" feature that enables each of us to opt out of conversations that we are not going to engage.

However, I have no doubt that any commercial site such as this one will react to whatever complaints
emerge.

I think it is corrosive to set up the Porsche enthusiasts here into camps...we would be better not to have a an aggressive relationship with one another, and get together on those things that we all like..i.e Porsches.

I have certainly have been guilty of posting the odd political thread and decided some time ago to refrain from doing it again.It has nothing to do with our shared hobby. I think that we should have O/T things of Canadian or automotive interest, but whatever the mod decisions here are made, its all fine by me.

Better to meet with my Porsche buddies and enjoy our common interest that our uncommon internet....
+1. The ignore feature has worked very well for me since the beginning. Sadly the number of names on my list has grown exponentially in the last few months because of the adversarial behaviour of some of the participants in certain threads. Arguing on the internet is like yelling in space; it accomplishes nothing and doesn't bring you any relief whatsoever.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:22 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I liked his posts too. Entertaining while sometimes a bit off color, but to the point with no BS and usually helpful when appropriate.

Not supposed he was banned tho - those making these decisions are usually driving with the rear view. I've stopped paying for a membership because of things like this.

If it's not interesting and entertaining, why visit? The mods need to learn that guys like Noble drive traffic to here.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:32 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by BioBanker
I liked his posts too. Entertaining while sometimes a bit off color, but to the point with no BS and usually helpful when appropriate.

Not supposed he was banned tho - those making these decisions are usually driving with the rear view. I've stopped paying for a membership because of things like this.

If it's not interesting and entertaining, why visit? The mods need to learn that guys like Noble drive traffic to here.
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:43 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I am officially confused ?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

So why exactly was he banned for?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

He hath risen!
Old 03-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Mr Fish Tank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Jason and never saw anything that deserved a ban. His comments could be a little acid, but who here never said harsh comments as well. We will not like everyone that comes to our lives. Some may stay and others will just vanish. This ban shows that there is no freedom of speech.

"You either follow my rules or you will be banned"

Are we mature men, or teenage girls bitching because our make up smudged.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Noble added a lot of colour to an other wise boring winter season on this board.

Are there no second chances?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:05 AM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
Noble added a lot of colour to an other wise boring winter season on this board.

Are there no second chances?
Agreed, but it was his second chance, remember?.

I really dont think that it was an occasional swear word that got him banned though. I strongly believe that it was his overall style that some people hated. And that occasional swear word and playful name calling was just grounds for complaints. Enough complains and you are gone. So, watch your language, Mark, dont give the haters reasons to get yourself banned also.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Regards,

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
I like you bob but this is BS... Clearly I wasn't banned permanently before or how could I log in and post as NobleGT3 now? I left Rennlist before on my own due to the same type of losers who have no joy in their life but love to try and ban people by complaining behind the scenes.
. I took the 1965356 name because I couldn't remember the password for noblegt3 before until you helped me reset it...While you are a good guy and so are many others on here , there are also a pack of useless people who love to be cliquey weasels and they will always be boring weaklings . I have no interest in pandering to boring weaklings.
Thank you everyone for your support on and off this thread.
To keep in touch follow me on Instagram at sonnythebull1.. Or message Stantheporschefan ,mr.fishtank .pags993,or others who know me offline.
Everyone is welcome to come on my drives ( even you weasels) anytime.
So long suckers..
I don't remember Nobelgt3 ever getting banned in the first place. I thought he left on his own, just around the time he got a Lotus Extige.

Quick Reply: Why was Noble (1965356) Banned?